CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Memorial weekend on the Oregon DUNES!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2006, 01:38 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Memorial weekend on the Oregon DUNES!!!!!

Originally posted by: DragonDJ11
Don't worry, there will be full recaps of the weekend events (minor editing may be needed). Although I am sure you will have to figure out who percieved story is closer to the truth....Crash or my own [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]
I will be there to witness the death and destruction and call BS when needed[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 05-30-2006, 02:13 AM
Elite Pro Rider

OK boys I am ready to hear how it went and see if everything came back in one peice. My husband was just playing in the back yard and wheelied over to cause $200 worth of damage so really no fun had for me at all. How was your weekend I know some of you are back so start talkin guys.
MG

Old 05-30-2006, 03:33 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Well, I am back. I was at Florence on Saturday. Got my azz handed to me by a 250 lb, 500+ cc stroker YFZ. He pulled Yfzfryguy, who was on my bike, by a solid 2.5 lengths on the long race hill. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

We pretty much took out the rest of the fourstrokes. There was a really fast Raptor that was dead even with us. It was a tight race. We did best of three. I thought wee took the first two, my wife thought the raptor took the last 2. I don't know, it was a good race nonetheless.

We travelled down to Coos Bay for Sun and Mon. There was no real competition there as far as four strokes go. YFZfryguy and I were hands down the fastest bikes there. There were some impressive banshee's that we couldnt touch, but that is to be expected.

We had a really nice 18 year old kid riding with us who got sound checked. The Sheriff had a trainee with him that day so he had to get all "Officer Tackleberry" on us. While he was giving his speech, I snuck around the corner of my toy hauler and disconnected one of my MSD ignition plugs on my DS and stuffed the wires up under the tank and quickly re-installed the spark arrester in my wife's 700R..............just in case they decided to test all te bikes in camp.

If they figured out how to start my DS after that, they would have earned the ticket they would have given me........in my book. I simply would have said, "Sorry, won't start" and let them try to sound check it[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Jackasses![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

I felt bad for the kid. He was on one of our quads just having fun. I could understand if he was on his quad and got the ticket but since the quad he was riding was from our group, I gave him enough cash to cover about a 3rd of the ticket. It is really hard to make money and go to college all at the same time. He took responsibility and was very polite and respectful to the cop. That was admirable[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] The real downside is YFZfryguy's main ride is now in the system. They took his VIN and entered it so I imagine his ticket will be stiffer if he gets caught again.

Btw, Yosh tri-oval on a YFZ450 is 94 db at idle and 105.5 db at the rpm they use for ticket writing. Sound restriction on most of the Oregon Coast riding areas is 93 db. The Raptor 700R stock was 84 db at idle and 90 at half throttle.

I don't know why I just told all of you that, you probably don't much care[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] There it is anyway[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Later

Old 05-30-2006, 12:17 PM
Range Rover

Well Crash and Dragon, we were not so lucky to evade or outrun the long arm of the law. What a crock of crap, pulling us over in the parking lot idling along. If it hadn't been for his protoge riding shot gun, I think he might have been more leniant[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

Oh well, the duning, hillshooting, and racing were all good, and the the ticket came on our last riding as were loading up. How was x-mas valley? It pretty much rained on us all day Saturday, but Sun/Mon were fantastic weather. Looking forwards to 4th of July weekend!

Old 05-30-2006, 12:34 PM
Pro Rider

Well no Long arm of the law issues for us, at the dunes anyway. I got a speeding Ticket on the way there, crappy deal....Grrrrr.

The valley was nice, it did hail here and there, and was very cold at night and the wind was blowing like you would not believe. The sand was in great condition, so much untouched flat and smooth sand I could not believe it. We had some good times, and my bike was running at a much improved level. I need to spend some time doing the stock carb mods, and tuning it in. She still has some more to go, as the Jettng in mine was not on. Crash's basically stock bike was perfectly jetted when the temp dropped. And with 10 paddle Haulers on it, it was flat cooking on the flats. Very impressive. Well there were no Crashes from our crew (that I am willing to bring up). However, Crash was on a roll. Let me see if I can cover everything. He lost his flag stick and flag. Killed Big D's CDI. Lost the Sprocket Nut on Big D's bike. And had the Bearings Sieze in his.....Let us just say he was on a roll.... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 05-30-2006, 12:59 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Sounds like most of you had fun. How much is the ticket on the coast if you get one for db? Just curious. So how much is big D's roll gonna cost him? As for us we were suppose to go riding yesterday just on the dirt but is was raining so we decided not to but my husband was bored so he went out to ride in the back yard. Well he was doing a wheelie and wheelied over and caused $200 worth of damage. That was just the back yard. O what fun.

Old 05-30-2006, 01:07 PM
Pro Rider

There were no wrecks by Crash, Big D, or myself. But Everytime Crash got on Big D's bike he broke something. If RWR cannot fix the CDI, it is about $300 new. the flag stick and flag is about $50 for the ones we use. Fixing the bearings and such are around $100-$200 depending on the damage. And the Nut and Washer for the front sprocket is about $10. So worst case scenario, Crash is in the whole $560 and nothing will be an upgrade [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

As for me, I have loads to get done at work today and tomorrow so my time here will be limited. If there is a post I must read, someone PM me about it. Later

Old 05-30-2006, 01:27 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Got it. I guess I had a brain fart there for a second. If I see anything interesting I will Pm ya and let you know have a nice day. Good luck at work. Looks like everyone else is busy today too.

Old 05-30-2006, 01:35 PM
Pro Rider

Gotta love the end of the month....Trade you jobs for a couple of days......I can play Mr. Mom [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 05-30-2006, 01:45 PM
Elite Pro Rider

There are definately days I would trade you in a heart beat. But this week my Oldest is graduating Kindergarten I can't wait to see him up there doing the whole program in his gown. He won't show me any of it right now he say's it is a suprise. But he did do Twinkle Twinkle Little star in Sign language that is pretty cool. He has a hearing impaired little girl in his class so that has helped him learn even more sign language so that is kinda cool. Have fun at work.

Quick Reply: Memorial weekend on the Oregon DUNES!!!!!