CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Memorial weekend on the Oregon DUNES!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2006, 01:22 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Memorial weekend on the Oregon DUNES!!!!!

Yes a very restrictive pipe would be a bad idea on a built motor but someone will eventually come up with a pipe that can flow and still be quiet.I have a couple of ideas myself.I will say that what i am thinking of would basically pull the air out as the RPM level is increased.If i ever get around to building a prototype that i have been thinking about for a while now it may just work.

Old 06-01-2006, 02:59 PM
Pro Rider

Alright, let me see if I can get everything covered in this. This has been the last two weeks leading up to the ride on memorial day weekend. Started out with my Car breaking down, not that is a really long story on it's own, so we will leave at that. Anyway, had some new parts and wanted to increase the ability of my ride. I had removed a used head that was being tripped over. Was advised that this person was told that it had been ported by KMS (nope). That the valves had been inspected by HPR (nope) and had the under bucket conversion (yes). Well I decided that since I wanted this, that I was going to add a higher compression piston to the mix. Called up Kelly with KMS, and with Scatters input we desided to send the head to Kelly for an inspection. Once it arrives, I get the call. This was another builders (not yet mentioned) head, and that the porting was not bad, but the valves had been completly messed up. I did not have the extra money to go to oversize valves, but Kelly said he could help. Well to make a long story a little shorter, Kelly busted his AZZ on this for me, and did not charge nearly enough for the amount of work he did. He then overnighted all the parts to Scatter's place as him and I were going to do the rebuild. I can not say enough about what Kelly did, he has been by far above and beyond in his help to get that done in very short notice. I know that the work he did for me caused him late nights, and hard days on the other jobs he had going. When people talk about Customer Service being worth major bucks, he could charge a fortune. I know for a fact, he did not charge me for nearly what he did, as had that been the case the head would still be sitting in his shop. (FYI, what I spent on this was our Disneyland vacation money. Now working weekends to replace)

Again, Kelly did me good.....I have to go to a meeting right now. The rebuild story to follow.....I would fully recommend calling Kelly for anything that you want done. I do not believe I have ever been this impressed with how a person handled thier business....OUT OF SIGHT!!!!

Old 06-01-2006, 04:30 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

So you have a ported head now? That is great. Since the porting was good, do you know who did it?

Old 06-01-2006, 05:05 PM
Pro Rider

The porting was ok, Kelly I know cleaned it up, and made it better. I am not going to mention who did the other work, as that is not my way. It was the same that did the valves. Again, Kelly was above awesome, and went above and beyond....

Old 06-01-2006, 05:18 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I wasn't asking about the bad valves. I was just curious about the good porting[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

That is a good policy.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] That is fair[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Ron

Old 06-01-2006, 05:51 PM
Range Rover

NUT whats with yor "avitar"? sounds like Crash's "beaver eater" and Dragon's ported stock bore might be giving you a run for you money the 4th....?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Leave it to them Corning boys to light a fire under NUT's a$$.lol.

Old 06-01-2006, 06:02 PM
Pro Rider

alright, so the story continues. Everything is shipped and arrives on Friday morning to Scatterbrains place. I am excited, all of this crap has got to turn around and go my way not right? I leave work early that day, and the GF and I head north. We pull into Scatter's place and start tearing te old girl aprat... (The bike, not the GF). Everything goes really well, and we remove the old piston, and put in the new one. Put it in backwards, opps try again. We put it back togeather, slide everything into place and get the motor all bolted back togeather. It is nearly midnight at this time, and we are all very tired. We head out to have a couple drinks, something to eat, and some shut eye. Well next morning, we start hooking everything back to the bike. Put in all the fluids, and start running heat cycles. The girl is purring beautifully. When out from the motor starts spraying crude (oil that is)....Not good. Well lets just say we were both just burnt at that point. we knew we would have to take it apart, and we would have started then, but we now needed new gaskets. Scatter told me he would fix and have ready for memorial weekend (the next weekend). Crash and Big D met us in Klamath the following morning, and we all went riding in Christmas Valley.

During the next week, Scatter had Kelly overnight some new gaskets and he did the repair without me. Scatter worked his butt off during the day, and worked on his bike, his girls bike, and my full rebuild at night. This dude just went too the extreme. Well not only did he tear it all back apart, and fix the problem (gasket got caught by sleeve). He took it out and did the break in for me...Another one of those great people that will help you out, and do everything they can to help a buddy. I cannot say enough good stuff about Scatter either, and without his help, and his willingness to do the repair on his own, the girl would still be up on blocks.

Well memorial weekend, we headed out to Christmas Valley for some fun in the sand. And that we had. Good riding, ok weather, and good times. Scatter and his girl made it out, and we had a couple of rides, and drinks together, and just had some fun. The bike really did run well, but needed some jetting changes that I did not do to completly wake her up. Once we get back over to the coast, we should have the jetting back on, OMR stock carb mods done, and maybe even a new more powerful pipe. I am hoping that by DS Days, to have better cams then I do now (so if anyone has any 109s or better, and are planning an upgrade talk to me and maybe we can trade and you can use my stock as cores)....

All in all, what I am really saying through everything that went wrong over the last couple of weeks.....Without the help of some really good peeps it would have been horrible.

So Scatterbrain, and KMS Thank you for the help and everything that you both did that was way above and beyond what you had to do. You are both not only good people, but great ones

Old 06-01-2006, 06:17 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: yfzfryguy
NUT whats with yor "avitar"? sounds like Crash's "beaver eater" and Dragon's ported stock bore might be giving you a run for you money the 4th....?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Leave it to them Corning boys to light a fire under NUT's a$$.lol.

You don't like my avatar?......"sniff".......[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

Cartman cracks me up[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

About the Corning boys lighting fires...............yeah, you 'bout summed it up[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 02-27-2007, 04:28 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: cynick
Originally posted by: DSNUT
Originally posted by: cynick
OK Nut I am gonna tell your wife. I am not a sissy girl I can handle the DS with the best of them. If I get stuck I can get it out. But I am not huge. Just like to be able to handle anything I ride but I don't have the DS that is my hubbies I have the next heaviest the Predator I like it to. I don't want to here any crap about my Preddy either. I like it.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]
Preddy's are for girls.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
OK NOW YOUR IN BIG TROUBLE I AM GONNA REALLY HAVE TO HURT YA HEY DRAGON, CRASH, YFZGUY, YA'LL WANT TO HELP ME OUT HERE. Just kidden I don't know if they are for girls but I really like mine. So BE NICE.
Man I keep forgetting. MG
This just had to be brought back up. HAHA [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]