CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Outlander brings out the worst from the competition

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2006, 01:43 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Outlander brings out the worst from the competition

I definitely agree with the premise of this post, that people should not come on to this sight, or any other, and intentionally start arguments, cut down other people's choice of quads, call names, ect. But I think, Pastor, that you need to look at some of the attitudes that you project in some of you posts also. Just look, for example, at your beginning to this post. In one small paragraph, you included at least 3 statements that most intelligent people would consider inflammatory, if not down right arrogant ("can't handle the truth", "that you cannot have"- an outlander, "bad case of class envy"). On top of that, there's your post about "BRP owners elite group", and your frequent phrase about "seeing the light" (as if ANYTHING about 4-wheeling could be important enough to "see the light about!).
Let me say this plainly, Outlanders are fantastic quads, (my best friend and his son have 400s), but that does not mean that they are always the best, at every situation, for every person (as seems to be quite frequently insinuated on this sight). In my situation, for example, a 4-wheeler with huge ground clearance and availabilty of rack attachments, especially ice fishing attachments, was extremely important. So, would an Outlander 800 have been my best choice? Nope. Do I think that my Arctic Cat V2 is a great quad, the best choice that I could have made in my situation? You bet. And trust me Pastor, I COULD own an Outlander, but choose not to. And as shocking as it may be to you, I'm extremely happy with my decision (no class envy or jealousy here).
I gotta tell you, I've been reading these sites, from all the different brands, for almost 2 years now, closely following, with amusement, your progression from Kingquad to 800 Outy. In that time, I have never once felt a need to post in another forum (until today). It is just shocking that you and a few others can display such arrogance, and yet be surprised when someone comes on your site wanting to argue!
You guys have wonderful quads, so enjoy them. But keep in mind (as if this should have to be said), 4-wheelers simply should not be important enough in anyone's life to create this air of superiority. Maybe a little humblensess now and then, and some people might actually come in here for some decent discussions about different brands' strengths and weaknesses.
Oh well, just a thought.
Paul

Old 08-08-2006, 02:25 AM
Pro Rider

gtdoctor...It is amazing to me that so many of those from other brand sites come in here and want to denounce not only me but the machines that we ride. What qualifies all of this for myself is that I used to be on the "outside looking in". I was critical of bombardier because I didnt understand them...OR hadn't ridden one. I have owned numerous other bikes and yes at the time felt that some of them were superior (king quad for one). The bottom line is...we are having a blast on these machines...and yes...they are superior...I.M.O. Arrogance?...I dont think so...go over to Polaris and start an argument if you want to see arrogance.

Old 08-08-2006, 03:14 AM
Range Rover

Pastor, it looks like you get a new quad every year. What's on your short list for '07?

Old 08-08-2006, 06:28 AM
Pro Rider

If you boys don't learn to play nice somebody is gonna to end up cryin'...

Old 08-08-2006, 07:43 AM
Pro Rider

Hey, I like your bag!
GTdoctor said it all. I too, remember the ragging Bomb took from Pastor. I remember him later asking for forgiveness.
I think our age should be included in our sig so we know who is a kid and who isn't. Then we could weed out the garbage.

Old 08-08-2006, 10:11 AM
Trailblazer

I'll try this one more time, although I'm not sure why. Phrases like "outside looking in", "class envy", and "see the light", to give just a few examples, do not fit in a discussion of 4-wheelers! 4-wheelers are not life, they don't define us as people, they don't put us in different "classes", they are just recreation for God sake!
Get it?

Old 08-08-2006, 10:25 AM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally posted by: mudnuri

I think our age should be included in our sig so we know who is a kid and who isn't. Then we could weed out the garbage.
Great idea but most would lie about it too.
Its just a matter of time anyway......... school should be starting across the country fairly soon.

Old 08-08-2006, 11:23 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

I am waiting to see how long pastor will be into BRP.................and how he treats us when he gets next years model from some other manufacturer.

Something tells me if even the slightest thing goes wrong with that Outy,...............watch out bom forum[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 08-08-2006, 11:29 AM
Pro Rider

My next machine: '07 Can-Am Renegade 800. Before it's all over i expect to have all BRP's....except for my Vinson....she's staying.

gtDoctor...Contrary to your last post (NOT trying to be argumenative), to those of us who spend entire days on these machines, they do represent a portion of life. When you consider the price that is paid to enjoy the riding experience and the confidence of the machine getting you there; they do quantify the overall outdoor experience. However, I do not believe that they define us as people. After paying out thousands of dollars in search of 'the perfect machine'...Bombardier does deserve the kudos for pushing the envelope...that IS what these threads are all about. Get it?

DSNUT...Dont worry friend...I have learned a FEW things (hard lessons) while hanging out around here and I aint' goin backwards.

Old 08-08-2006, 10:10 PM
KTG
Weekend Warrior

Arguing on the Internet is like competing in the Special Olympics, EVEN if you win, you are Still Retarded!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Outlander brings out the worst from the competition