CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Outlander brings out the worst from the competition

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2006, 11:15 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Outlander brings out the worst from the competition

Originally posted by: Cardiac
Originally posted by: sandbomber
Originally posted by: Cardiac
Amen!
missed ya this year cardiac
Yea, it's been hectic. MY son's projects are taking the time. He has a Turbo Busa/DS and a Nitrous GSXR/Banshee. My other son has a Cheeta Cub that he is trying to get the bugs out of his Alky Lectrons. My poor old DS is just getting cobwebs. Reading all the posts on you 'Players' adventures really made me feel left out. Next year should be a good one.....
'Players' LOL Im not a player but sure like to hang with them to learn, did look for ya tho!!

Old 08-09-2006, 11:15 PM
Pro Rider

Ahh the pepsi generation and i am one of them see what this world is becomming...Yes I love bomb quads but are there good quads out there besides them yes and I just hope that the brands continue to push one another and make them better...In my life yes quads are the things that I look up to and put a smile on my face everytime I ride mine it just gives you a chance to get away from the real world and the bs that goes on.

Old 08-09-2006, 11:45 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: gtdoctor
I definitely agree with the premise of this post, that people should not come on to this sight, or any other, and intentionally start arguments, cut down other people's choice of quads, call names, ect. But I think, Pastor, that you need to look at some of the attitudes that you project in some of you posts also. Just look, for example, at your beginning to this post. In one small paragraph, you included at least 3 statements that most intelligent people would consider inflammatory, if not down right arrogant ("can't handle the truth", "that you cannot have"- an outlander, "bad case of class envy"). On top of that, there's your post about "BRP owners elite group", and your frequent phrase about "seeing the light" (as if ANYTHING about 4-wheeling could be important enough to "see the light about!).
Let me say this plainly, Outlanders are fantastic quads, (my best friend and his son have 400s), but that does not mean that they are always the best, at every situation, for every person (as seems to be quite frequently insinuated on this sight). In my situation, for example, a 4-wheeler with huge ground clearance and availabilty of rack attachments, especially ice fishing attachments, was extremely important. So, would an Outlander 800 have been my best choice? Nope. Do I think that my Arctic Cat V2 is a great quad, the best choice that I could have made in my situation? You bet. And trust me Pastor, I COULD own an Outlander, but choose not to. And as shocking as it may be to you, I'm extremely happy with my decision (no class envy or jealousy here).
I gotta tell you, I've been reading these sites, from all the different brands, for almost 2 years now, closely following, with amusement, your progression from Kingquad to 800 Outy. In that time, I have never once felt a need to post in another forum (until today). It is just shocking that you and a few others can display such arrogance, and yet be surprised when someone comes on your site wanting to argue!
You guys have wonderful quads, so enjoy them. But keep in mind (as if this should have to be said), 4-wheelers simply should not be important enough in anyone's life to create this air of superiority. Maybe a little humblensess now and then, and some people might actually come in here for some decent discussions about different brands' strengths and weaknesses.
Oh well, just a thought.
Paul
Originally posted by: gtdoctor
I'll try this one more time, although I'm not sure why. Phrases like "outside looking in", "class envy", and "see the light", to give just a few examples, do not fit in a discussion of 4-wheelers! 4-wheelers are not life, they don't define us as people, they don't put us in different "classes", they are just recreation for God sake!
Get it?
Yeah I completely agree with this guy. Pastor, you've been trying to stir up **** since you had the KQ and it was annoying then. You love your quad because it is an awesome quad. Now let it stand on it's own merits, don't come in here trying to push peoples buttons. You can say many great things about your quad without being an elitist or belittling someone elses choice in their quad. This is just my opinion, an answer to your question (wondering why **** gets started) so please don't get offended.

Originally posted by: DSNUT
I am waiting to see how long pastor will be into BRP.................and how he treats us when he gets next years model from some other manufacturer.

Something tells me if even the slightest thing goes wrong with that Outy,...............watch out bom forum[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
I was thinking the same thing!!

Originally posted by: KTG
Arguing on the Internet is like competing in the Special Olympics, EVEN if you win, you are Still Retarded!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
I'll always love that one. Great place to use it.

Old 08-11-2006, 10:18 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Rinman
I was following that thread also and the only thing I saw wrong was someone from another forum stirring it up. Why? This is your forum to say what you want. You can bash anybody, not that thats what started it. You can even bash Honda. I won't get mad. I know deep down inside that all of you really want a Honda[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
There are alot of people who have brand loyalty, and get down right mad if you say anything against their quad. I've ridden an 800 and am a believer. I still love my Rincon, but that Bomb!! Only one word describes it infrigginsane.
Not many ppl that ride the outtie now can say they r brand loyal... How so? A good chunk of the ppl now that have the 800outtie just recently had a different brand. Look at their pic's/sig. The beast won them over...