CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Outlander brings out the worst from the competition

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2006, 10:07 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Outlander brings out the worst from the competition

Yesterday, several guys who have been coming into this site and doing nothing but arguing about the Outlander 800, had a thread shut down. How do guys that are basically against the Outlander and in favor of their brands (AC, Suzuki) come in here and get a thread shut down? Sounds like guys that can't handle the truth. No one knows better than myself how fruitless some this banter can be. However, when the facts are so obviously in favor of a machine it is apparent that this is nothing more than a bad case of class envy. You cannot have one.....so attack it's merits...blindly and relentlessly.

Old 08-07-2006, 10:15 AM
Trailblazer

I was watching the other thread with interest( the one locked down). I fail to see why it was locked down? Poor sports? To all of the guys who have hang ups about these machines, why don't y'all stay home. Just my 2 cents.

Old 08-07-2006, 11:11 AM
Pro Rider

Well I thought the nature of the thread was a bit inflamitory (JMO) in how it was presented. That being said a person SHOULD be able to come here and post whatever he feels like posting so long as isn't offensive/hostile/confrontational.....Pastors initial post was a bit pompus, as have been a couple of others (BRP owners an "elite" group) etc...but he does have the right to post those. Unfortunately those messages will probably elicit a few hostile responses because some people are so blindly loyal to a particular brand they simply just can't refrain themselves.

I think the best rule of thumb (not always easy to do though) is to try and refrain from even responding to messages of a harassing nature.

Old 08-07-2006, 11:19 AM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

A difference of opinion is what the forums are for.

Name calling when someone disagrees with you is not.

Old 08-07-2006, 11:51 AM
Administrator¿
Resident Killer!
"A little nonsense now and then, is relished by the wisest men". Willy Wonka: 1971
Cigars! Earth ne'eer did breed such a jovial weed.
A Tiger Doesn't Lose Sleep Over Opinions of Sheep
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally posted by: mywifesquad
A difference of opinion is what the forums are for.

Name calling when someone disagrees with you is not.

You mean there are a difference of opinions in the connection, dang I need to read more often. lol. Did I mention how much I hate Mondays. lol. =]

Old 08-07-2006, 10:46 PM
Pro Rider

I thought too that it was shut down with little reason, I have seen threads get allot wilder than that one was, but I really didn't care all that much since after about page 4 everything had began to be repetative of the first 4 pages.

Old 08-07-2006, 10:52 PM
Pro Rider

Wow pastor boy is wasn't so long ago you came on this site and was ragging on bombardier, how they were not well made. remember? no i guess not? Oh , thats right now you want to embrace us!

Trending Topics

Old 08-07-2006, 11:48 PM
Pro Rider

yeah i remember those days when pastor was one of them..lol

something about hunting and some other crap....goodtimes

they will soon realize as he did...be patient with them...it hurts alot to admit your quad is inferior

Old 08-07-2006, 11:57 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was following that thread also and the only thing I saw wrong was someone from another forum stirring it up. Why? This is your forum to say what you want. You can bash anybody, not that thats what started it. You can even bash Honda. I won't get mad. I know deep down inside that all of you really want a Honda[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
There are alot of people who have brand loyalty, and get down right mad if you say anything against their quad. I've ridden an 800 and am a believer. I still love my Rincon, but that Bomb!! Only one word describes it infrigginsane.

Old 08-08-2006, 12:09 AM
LTZ
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I shut it down because you guys resorted to name calling like a bunch of little kids and any time I get multiple(read more than one) moderator reports on a thread people are getting offended.

Quick Reply: Outlander brings out the worst from the competition