CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

2007 Canam outlander 800 xt

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2010, 09:10 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 Canam outlander 800 xt

There are several bad/negative reviews for this Canam. Anyone have a comment on this ATV.

Old 05-27-2010, 09:16 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Mopar Man!

Great ATV with TONS of power fun to ride just not a fan of the single spar frame, single leaver braking system or the limited slip front diff!

Old 05-28-2010, 08:24 AM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

Frame is on the weak side compared to other makers. There is an aluminum or plastic insert that you can put in the frame to strengthen it. I did the plastic one on my son's Renegade that shares the frame with the Outlander if I am correct. The other issue as noted is that the front end takes a long time to engage on older CanAms. They have gradually improved this over the years from what I've read. I do notice that my son's Renegade is a little slower to lock up the front end than my Polaris Sportsman X2. Gobs of power. CanAm tends to be fastest per CC in utility quads.

Old 06-03-2010, 02:39 PM
ʇsıʇɹɐ ɹǝʌolloɹ
Providing the enemies of the United States with the maximum opportunity to give their lives for their country since 1775.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have the redesigned 08 800- A lot of upgrades since the 07 to the EFI, frame, clutch, front diff & dash layout.
If the 07 rotax 800 twin is anything like the 08 rotax 800- it's just a violent machine! It's retarded fast and pulls wheelies as easy as a big bore sport quad. The outlander is basically a sport quad with racks on it and a front diff- if you're looking for a trail / work atv I'd go with a sportsman or brute force.

My 08 diff locks up instantly- I heard the earlier models needed about one rotation of the tire to lock up- the clutches also heat up. Ground clearance isn't as good as a stock brute force, but the outty is pretty light and likes to "hop" over any obstacle.

just "you-tube" it and watch the videos.

Old 06-03-2010, 08:36 PM
ʇsıʇɹɐ ɹǝʌolloɹ
Providing the enemies of the United States with the maximum opportunity to give their lives for their country since 1775.

check out this 800 outlander- I think it's an 07.

at the 30 second mark- watch the kid go directly from a 2 wheel lean (bicycle) to a wheelie without letting the front tires touch the ground- pretty impressive for a stock sport utility- won't be doing that on a sportsman (or any other stock utility for that matter).

YouTube - OUTLANDER 800 JPS CAN-AM

Old 06-03-2010, 11:04 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Mopar Man!

That Can-Am was impressive tho far from stock! So to make things interesting and I know stock for stock a Grizz has NOTHING compared to a 800 Outty it is still fun to see what a few basic mods can do for your machine. It's all in fun!!!! LOL
YouTube - Torque Monster Clutch Kit for Yamaha Grizzly 700 and 660

Old 06-04-2010, 04:49 AM
ʇsıʇɹɐ ɹǝʌolloɹ

I just assumed it was stock because my stock 08 800 outty pulls wheelies as easy-

holy crap- that was an 80lb bag of cement on the front rack and it pulled the front end right up!

that's a great ad for that clutch kit!

Old 06-16-2010, 11:29 AM
ʇsıʇɹɐ ɹǝʌolloɹ

Have a guy up north that is interested is swapping me his 2007 outlander max 800 xt for my 08 800 outlander xt-

I'm seriously considering it- would love to have that 2-up feature, and he says the max it too long for his tight trails...

I have mixed feelings about dropping to an 07 from a redesigned 08- there's a huge difference between the 2 model years. what do you guys think?

Old 06-16-2010, 12:43 PM
Trailblazer
Default My '07 650

overheats like mad. There's a post on another forum where the guy is complaining of overheating ('07 800) and he's north of the Arctic Circle!!

http://www.can-amforum.com/forums/ca...r-heating.html

The overheating is tricky. I have drilled out my thermostat (4 - 1/8" holes), upgraded the overflow cap but I haven't seen if this worked since it's been in the shop for almost 2 months getting the weep hole upgraded (TSB on this, they leak) and a front differential seal replaced. These things tend to get air trapped in the coolant system (not sure why) and that triggers overheating. The overflow cap might fix this. Also the radiators have swollen up and needed replacement on several I've read about.

What good is "the most power per cc" if it overheats and goes into limp mode? Can you tell I'm kinda pissed about this whole fiasco?

Good Luck!

Old 06-16-2010, 01:13 PM
ʇsıʇɹɐ ɹǝʌolloɹ

I feel your pain- my 08 outty has been in the shop for 10 days having the fuel pump replaced (warranty)!

I think about riding everyday, then I remember it's in the shop and I get depressed!

ready tomorrow I hope!

Quick Reply: 2007 Canam outlander 800 xt