CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Turbo DS Tire Smoking Problems

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2001, 10:14 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congratulations Scooby on getting the bugs worked out hope u find the right tire combo that baby will realy rip when u get it to hook up.Good luck I hope I have the same traction problem with mine when its finnished.

Old 12-05-2001, 11:53 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Scooby, for drag race purposes only, try 8" bead locks with a 22" tire that has a soft sidewall. Don't run any air at all so it acts like a crinkle slick on a drag car. Obviously, this is very narrowly focused on straight line racing and won't work for anything else. Seriously, congratulations on getting what everyone wants, too much power![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 12-05-2001, 02:12 PM
Pro Rider

To run an 8" wheel on the DS, you will have to modify the rear hub to fit inside the wheel. The other problem would be that with no preasure in the tire at all, the center of the tread will "cup" and not contact the surface much, if at all. Quad tires are too wide for there hight to get the "wrinkle wall" effect properly.

Old 12-05-2001, 03:17 PM
Pro Rider
THEBOM Racing. If it don't scare you a little, it's not going fast enough !!!

I run a superstreet hemi dart.The tires are 31T x 10.5W x 15. The rim is 10in wide. If you run any thing less than 6lbs of air the side walls flex (side to side) so bad that you can't keep it on your side of the track. But the more side wall that you have ,it helps keep the tire planted on the surface. It don't unload as bad. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 12-05-2001, 06:55 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Hemi Dart,
YOUR THE MAN!!!!

RoostKing...

Old 12-06-2001, 02:06 PM
Range Rover

I noticed that you mentioned Realtors. I have a set of 22in Realtors and 23in Holeshot fronts for sand riding and wet days at the riding area. I have actualy been pleasantly suprised how well the Realtors did hook up even on the type of terrain you described. I would usualy put my Razrs back on when drag racing on that type of terain, but now I dont bother. Im still running the stock sprockets and it sometimes will bog down when I try to start in second gear using the Realtors, but Im sure that would be less of a problem for your turbo DS.

Old 12-06-2001, 03:48 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Big R,
Are you sure you wre drag racing? Looks like you guys were playing chicken instead, and no one chickened out!!!! From the looks of your first DS, it seems that you guys came out of it pretty well considering the damage done to the DS. Now how did the Banshee look?

RoostKing...

Old 12-06-2001, 04:01 PM
Pro Rider

I have to agree with roost, what DID the banshee look like? Were you able to keep the wrecked ds? If the frame isn't damaged too bad you can fix it with aftermarket parts pretty cheap (compared to the price of a new one) and have two [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Any way you guys are very lucky to walk away from that (well.. limp away in your case) Good pics

Old 12-06-2001, 06:49 PM
Range Rover

The Banshee didnt do much better than my DS. It was still totaled, but it didnt do as many end over end flips as mine did after impact. Witnesses say that the Banshee rider bailed at the last second and collided with my DS sending me over the handlebars and the DS flipping through the air. The Banshee had bent A-arms, pipes, handlebars, basicly everything broken plastic and a badly bent frame that couldnt be fixed.
The DS was insured so I couldnt keep it. I couldnt buy it back because I didnt have a dealers license and I wasnt even sure when they were going to auction it (I was on crutches with a broke foot at the tme)... I did meet the guy who bought it though. He paid $1500 and put a little over $2000 in it just to make it rideable again. It still shows alot of damage, but is rideable now.