CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

This broken wrist thing is bumming me out

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2003, 04:38 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default This broken wrist thing is bumming me out

When you have a cast on your arm, everybody asks what happened, with the bad rap ATVs get I hate to say I was on an ATV, I don't want to lie to people, but they always say "those are dangerous", and "you better get rid of that thing" when you read in the local news about accidents on ATV's it is usually somebody inexperienced or drunk, well I may not be the most experienced, but I have seen a lot of less experienced riders out there, and I wasn't drunk. It will be a long 6 weeks, sorry I just wanted to vent.

Any body got any Ideas of what to do with a cast on, let me know, I am bored. At this point it still hurts to move my fingers on my right hand, that makes it worse.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] BTW I am right handed.

I won't give this sport up..they will have to pry my ATV out of my cold dead fingers......I think this is what my wife is worried about

Old 03-06-2003, 04:51 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey big guy
I understand how you feel when it come to nothing to do when you get bummed up. I hit four deer on my banshee running around 100 plus mph. I had no use of my left arm and people around my office just bashed atv's like crazy and it really pissed me off. So I set in my office and watche hevous 3,4,5. Then I took my one good arm and started to fix what I could on my quads. Then I started ordering stuff for my quad. read all the BS print in dirt wheels and other atv magazine. Hope this helps

Old 03-06-2003, 05:26 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Sell the Raptor, get a polaris, and put the thumb throttle on the left bar!! You can ride one handed, use the rear foot brake, put your beer in one of those helmets with two drink holders and crazy straws that curl around to your mouth!!

okay, just kidding, I don't really encourage drinking and riding. But I'm serious about riding one handed!! hey, the drummer from Def Leopard's only got one arm! Go hit some doubles!

Old 03-06-2003, 05:52 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

DON"T DO NUTHING to re-injure your wrist!!!

It otta be healed pretty good by Snake Hunt, and then you can take it easy on some nice SAND!!!!

You can go 5mph and have a freaking BALL at LS thier are plenty of trails you can stay in 2nd/3rd gear and just play with the front end!! UP/DOWN the tree shots![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Wayne! PUT your cast IN A CAST! so you don't hurt you wrist, and if it hurts to move your fingers, then DONT move them!LOL[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

BIggerisbetter.

Old 03-06-2003, 06:37 PM
Elite Pro Rider

wayne the first two weeks were the worst with mine and i had surgery to fix it , there was a about 9 pin in mine to play with just screws sticking out and some cork on the end of a sharp one, but after two weeks you will be able to function again not hard but do all the normal things, and i do remember all the comments on those atv accidents, mine was on a three wheeler maybe worse then. after the cast it will have awhile to rehab it i'm a carpenter and at that time not much more than a grunt so that helped on my rehab and a friend told me to bench press with my thumb wrapped around with my index finger i think this helped the most, mainly getting it to flex normal again. well i'd say cheer up but i remember it being on the bad side, at least the weather isn't that great and you will be healed when the good riding is here[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-06-2003, 07:09 PM
Pro Rider

Listen to Dr. Biggerisbetter [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] He is right about the weather being crappy anyways...let 'er heal up and then you'll be good to go for the good weather ridin' [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-06-2003, 07:11 PM
Pro Rider

Wayne,
Sounds like, with your wife mad at you and your right arm in a cast, your left arm will get plenty of exercise![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 03-06-2003, 07:12 PM
Pro Rider

LOL hope he is ambidextrous

Old 03-06-2003, 08:08 PM
Pro Rider

dont worry man i broke my wrist too!! but your lucky compared to me, i have to wait 3 MONTHS FOR THE CAST TO GET OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] well thats what the doc said. good thing it wasnt my right arm (if you know what i mean[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] ) im right handed[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 03-06-2003, 08:15 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Now is your chance to learn how to use your feet like your hands. I saw a documentary on a boy who didn't have any arms so he learned to use his feet for everything....to get dressed, button his shirt, comb his hair, brush his teeth. That reminds me of a friend I have who lost a few fingers in a car accident. He had his toe sewed on in place of his thumb. He is the only guy I know who can pick his nose with his thumb. True story

Quick Reply: This broken wrist thing is bumming me out