Chinese Quads Brands such as Jetmoto, Yamoto, Redcat, V-Bike, Hi Bird, and Kazuma

Hopefully minor help needed for Yamoto 70cc

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2005, 05:48 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hopefully minor help needed for Yamoto 70cc

I recently purchased two Yamoto 70cc quads for my kids. Bought one Red and one Blue and have had them for a month or so. Both seem to run OK but one is definitely much more powerful at the bottom end and overall starts and runs better.

Even though I bought them at the same time, one has a shift lever on the transmission and one does not. I asked my dealer about this who said this was a difference in model years. Is this corrrect? The one with the shift lever (shifts to neutral) is the quicker of the two and the one without the lever (always in gear) is much more sluggish to start. In addition, on this same sluggish machine (without the shift lever) there is a loud whine coming from the transmission/rear end that goes away as it speeds up. At full speed, it tops out like the other and the "whine" disappears. Any ideas?

I'm also looking for new bulbs and also new decals for them as my pressure washer made short work of a couple of them...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Any other tips or add-ons would be appreciated as these seem to be perfect fits for my kids and I'd like to hang onto these until they truly outgrow them.

Thanks,

-Mark[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 02-02-2005, 11:11 PM
Pro Rider

As far as one having a shifter and the other not having one that is correct. The Later model 2004 or a 2005 Yamoto 70 ATV do have a shifter. They added this because pushing around the units in a gear was a little tuff. So adding the option of a neutral gear has worked out better. And easier! To be honest with you I have seen this myself were the new units have more kick. Iguess that is just some changes they might havemade to the bike. I don't have an excect answer for you. But have seen it!!! The decals good luck I do not think you will have any luck getting them. Evenreplacement plastics I been getting have not been coming with them!!!!
All The Best

Old 02-04-2005, 03:30 AM
Weekend Warrior

Thank you for the help. Appreciate your assistance John.

Old 02-08-2005, 05:47 PM
Weekend Warrior

On that same note of power loss, I have (2) Yamoto 70cc atv's. I have done all of the mentioned above, but one of my kids' quads has about 1/2 the power. It is really sluggish from the motor.
I have been sent a replacement piston (apparently a defect was present in the old), does anyone have a place to get a service manual so I can do the right steps replacing that piston? Yamoto only has the parts list with Part explosions, but no manual. Any advice or further direction would be great... I really like these quads and would like to keep them for a few years.

Old 05-20-2005, 02:38 AM
Trailblazer

the 2005 shifter model is faster than the older models acording to patriot they increased the stroke and better jets in carb and the exhaust flows more freely try taking out the baffle in the pipe of the 04 the 05 are nonremoveable also check you air filter and take out the cardboard on top of the "air cleaner" i dont think the 04 will out run the 05 they just seem to have less rolling resitance in the drive line than the 04 anther thing is the carb settings make a HUGE difference in performance make sure you have them set at the best point for the bike they may not be all the same every motor is a little different

Old 05-29-2005, 12:54 AM
Weekend Warrior

The shifter model is faster because they went up to a 90cc Motor in the new models. The original non shifter models had alot of problems with the motors holding out. We had a good 6 or 7 of the motors go out on us when we were dealing in them. They just couldnt take the abuse and they were a pain in the a$$ to push around hence the neutral selector.

Greg

Old 05-30-2005, 11:23 PM
Trailblazer

90cc???? the engine still says 72cm the website still says 72 and the people i talked to at patriot say they are 72cc
if they changed it to 90cc they would have changed at least the sticker that says 70cc you would think ???

maybe not,,,?
never took it apart and checked to see if it is a 90 or a 70

Old 05-04-2015, 11:47 PM
Weekend Warrior

I too recently purchased what I thought to be a yamoto 70cc but it seems more powerful that that it also have neutral and even a reverse gear any ideas?

Old 05-05-2015, 07:43 AM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My Joyner buggy had the same issue. Threw lots of new parts to it. Mine was a bad rectifier (voltage regulator) and was not jetted correctly (too lean).

What is your location elevation?

BuggyNews Buggy Forum ? View topic - 2006 Joyner 250cc Viper LOW Power??