Dunes and Dune Machines Discussion on dunes and dune machines.

KERMIT CHATTER

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2006, 12:18 AM
Dune Rider
Which one of you is Pink?
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default KERMIT CHATTER

A Texan died and ascended into Heaven.
St. Peter met him and welcomed him saying,
"You will certainly enjoy Paradise."
The Texan shook his head sadly and said,
"I always thought that TEXAS was Paradise."
St. Peter said, "Well, let me show you what we have to offer." He took the Texan to an area that had a beautiful river flowing through it with wildlife and flowers everywhere. "Isn't this beautiful?" said St. Peter.
The Texan replied, "Yes, but not as pretty as the area around SAN ANTONIO."
Somewhat ruffled, St. Peter took him to another area where there were rolling hills, whitetail deer and bluebonnets and Indian Paintbrush everywhere...picture perfect! "Now," said St. Peter, "have you ever seen anything so wonderful?
Texan paused and said "Yes, it is beautiful but it does not hold a candle to the TEXAS HILL COUNTRY in the spring.
Becoming more upset, St Peter then took the Texan to a beautiful white beach, with gentle waves, and an azure sky. "Now have you seen anything this beautiful in Texas?” said St. Peter.

Texan smiled and said, "I guess you've never ever been to SOUTH PADRE ISLAND".
At this point, St. Peter took the Texan to a large rock. On the side of the rock was a huge iron door. St. Peter opened the door and they stepped into an elevator and started going down.
As they descended, it grew more and more hot. When the elevator door opened, it revealed the fires of damnation-Hell. St. Peter said, "Now, have you got anything in Texas that can top that?"
The Texan thought a moment and shook his head. "No, but I know a couple of old boys from HOUSTON that can put that thing out for you."

Old 03-31-2006, 01:22 AM
Dune Rider
Default KERMIT CHATTER

Shouldn't the last line read:
"You have not been on the Sand in West Texas in early August have you?"

Old 03-31-2006, 10:51 AM
T Rex Rider
What irritates me is!
Those 6-packs work pretty good.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default KERMIT CHATTER

Originally posted by: DuneDragin They say it is darkest before the dawn.
Sometimes you just feel like a mushroom.

Old 03-31-2006, 11:22 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default KERMIT CHATTER

Mr. Harper, I don't know how to get it through to you that its not about the seven dollars. It would have been MUCH cheaper for us to just pay the seven dollars and go on. What does our motorhomes and sandrails have to do with anything? All that shows is the amount of success we've had in OUR businesses. We offered Danny $60,000 for his land months ago. He said "He would only sell for 1 million dollars because thats how much he was gonna make." This offer still stands Mr. Harper. If he would sell his land to us, EVERYONE COULD RETURN TO RIDING FOR FREE. I truly do wish Danny would take the money he has made, the extra ten grand, and continue to ride for free for the rest of his life and his son's life. KSI's only concern is in trying to make money at all cost, not with the well being of the public or the dunes. I truly wish it wasn't this way. His regime has managed to get a 53 year old park turned to rubble. When he first took over, we were afraid something like this would happen. We initially saw the writing on the wall. Thats why we offered to buy the land from Danny. Please ask Danny to take our offer. Help return the dunes to a fun place for all to ride for free. We are not mad at Danny personally. We are just disappointed in his lying, strong-arm tactics, and poor business decisions. So, the ball is in YOUR court. You talk to Danny. See if you get the same results we did. For the sake of the dunes I hope you get a better response. Let us know. We're all ears.

Old 03-31-2006, 11:48 AM
Dune Rider
Default KERMIT CHATTER

CD when you say RIDING FOR FREE...
are you saying, no fees?

OR are you saying no fees, open range, no being banned or kicked off...free to enjoy the dunes in the way we personally see fit?
Are you suggesting no one man or group RULES and controls the area?

Free??
As in the whole community take an active part in the dunes. That we all step up to the plate and take responsibility for our own actions and encourage those around us to conduct them selves in a manor that benefits the whole?

Free as in a DEMOCRACY...not a DICKtatorship?

Old 03-31-2006, 11:53 AM
Dune Rider
Default KERMIT CHATTER

Oh...and free to park off the central parking area?

RL [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] morning you mushroom!

Old 03-31-2006, 11:54 AM
T Rex Rider
What irritates me is!
Default KERMIT CHATTER

Originally posted by: DuneDragin
Free as in a DEMOCRACY...not a DICKtatorship?
Do those tators come with sour creme?

You know I ain't happy unless I can ride in my boxers with a shotgun in one hand and bottle of Jack Daniels in the other...plastic bottle of course. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 03-31-2006, 11:55 AM
T Rex Rider
What irritates me is!
Default KERMIT CHATTER

Oh...and free to park off the central parking area?

RL [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] morning you mushroom!
Just a stepping stone in the path of life. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 03-31-2006, 12:01 PM
Dune Rider
Default KERMIT CHATTER

Free...
As in free to ride a homemade POS ride? Set up a tent, trailer, dog house, sleep on the ground?
Free to camp out in $250,000.00 motorhomes and pull the hills in a $20,000.00 rail?

Old 03-31-2006, 12:04 PM
T Rex Rider
What irritates me is!
Default KERMIT CHATTER

Free...
As in free to ride a homemade POS ride? Set up a tent, trailer, dog house, sleep on the ground?
You threw that in just for me...admit it! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: KERMIT CHATTER