Dunes and Dune Machines Discussion on dunes and dune machines.

KERMIT CHATTER

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2006, 08:29 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default KERMIT CHATTER

Originally posted by: Kharper450
Originally posted by: txcowgirl06 No one ever parked up and down the roads! Or on the side of the road! ........... The county closed down the park because a kid got killed on their property! Get your facts straight!

He did not get killed on the county property either.. County never owned any hills. Hard to fly off one when there isnt one. As for parking on the road. There is always people parking on the road must not of been there near any holidays huh?

Kevin
Sorry about that was mis informed of where he actually was killed.

Old 04-04-2006, 08:58 PM
Pro Rider
Default KERMIT CHATTER

Originally posted by: txcowgirl06
Yes I have children and yes they rode the dunes since they were five. But unless my memory is really that bad, you know I do have mad cow disease, I don't remember anything so steep that they had to take the easement to miss a really steep hill. I was the worst mother in the world when it came to my children riding. I would have to puke everytime we went to the hills just hoping and praying no one got hurt. So I understand your concern and I believe children should have a special pass when it comes to easement riding but ONLY to miss a dune that they can't handle. The big kids and adults go sailing down the easement I believe for the sure joy they get from terrorizing the little kids and other adults. Just everyone use common sense, but sense we all know that will never happen.....rules are born!

Woman, once again you amaze me:

You say you don't remember anything so steep that people should have to take the easement?

I guess you are not aware that the surface you are riding on is SAND! It is not set in stone, it does have a tendency to shift OR CHANGE! What one weekend could have nice, well rounded tops may the next visit be sporting a nice, steep drop off. As you know, the area we live in is infamous for 40+ MPH winds in ANY direction at any time of the year- dunes can drastically change in a matter of hours! It appears Raptorlegs was trying to give you another side to a story- from what I have read in the past - he has always maintained that he is trying very hard to stay neutral and give KSI the benefit of the doubt. He gives you his reason for wanting to ride on the easement, a very legitimate one, and you come in and dismiss it pretty much- I mean are you suggesting parents should ride along side of them in the dunes while the child rides down the easement until they reach smaller dunes? I don't know about you, but when my kids are riding, they ride WITH me.

You also stated you believe people ride down the easement to terrorize others? Majority of the time, people ride down the easement to get to a different section of the dunes from a different way...that's one of the beauties of riding out there- you're free to go whatever way you feel like going. I always thought people who couldn't ride away from the parking lot were just there to show off-- those are the ones you have to worry about, the ones who like to ride by camp doing wheelies or blazing wide open in 4th gear and/or jumping the closest dunes without spotters. We like to get away from the "idiots" when we are riding- TO AND FROM!

The point of the easement BS was SPECIFICALLY so that people were FORCED to ride THROUGH KSI PROPERTY to get to the remainder of the dunes. Plain and simple.

SO keep trying to spread your KSI propaganda and people will keep refuting you! God bless you [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 04-04-2006, 09:29 PM
Pro Rider
Default KERMIT CHATTER

I'm even going to save you a step

refute: (1) to prove, as a statement or argument, to be false or incorrect (2) to prove (someone) to be wrong

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 04-05-2006, 01:38 AM
Trailblazer
Default KERMIT CHATTER

Thanks for all the info guys!! WOW I'm sure glad you set me straight! Sorry you'll have to pay to get to YOUR dunes. I know, put in a road so there will be no gripes. And Concerned Duner I'm so glad to know you have land at the dunes!! How many sections do you own? Can everyone really ride for free? And please be a love and put up an aerial of what you own and where we can all ride for free. That would sure end all this confusion I seem to be having. In other words, put your money (or aerial, google earth pics) where your mouth is. If you've got it then show it and stop talking about it. You would sure help all these poor folks who don't know what to do!! And do forgive me, I'm really not a communist! I believe in free enterprise and I'm pretty sure communist don't push that! Conservative, VERY!! Now come on and everyone take a nice pill! Oh I forgot I'm the only one with hallucinations!! Yeah right![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 04-05-2006, 01:39 AM
Trailblazer
Default KERMIT CHATTER

Originally posted by: TXduneripper
Yes I have children and yes they rode the dunes since they were five. But unless my memory is really that bad, you know I do have mad cow disease, I don't remember anything so steep that they had to take the easement to miss a really steep hill. I was the worst mother in the world when it came to my children riding. I would have to puke everytime we went to the hills just hoping and praying no one got hurt. So I understand your concern and I believe children should have a special pass when it comes to easement riding but ONLY to miss a dune that they can't handle. The big kids and adults go sailing down the easement I believe for the sure joy they get from terrorizing the little kids and other adults. Just everyone use common sense, but sense we all know that will never happen.....rules are born!

You say you don't remember anything so steep that people should have to take the easement?

I guess you are not aware that the surface you are riding on is SAND! It is not set in stone, it does have a tendency to shift OR CHANGE! What one weekend could have nice, well rounded tops may the next visit be sporting a nice, steep drop off. As you know, the area we live in is infamous for 40+ MPH winds in ANY direction at any time of the year- dunes can drastically change in a matter of hours! It appears Raptorlegs was trying to give you another side to a story- from what I have read in the past - he has always maintained that he is trying very hard to stay neutral and give KSI the benefit of the doubt. He gives you his reason for wanting to ride on the easement, a very legitimate one, and you come in and dismiss it pretty much- I mean are you suggesting parents should ride along side of them in the dunes while the child rides down the easement until they reach smaller dunes? I don't know about you, but when my kids are riding, they ride WITH me.

You also stated you believe people ride down the easement to terrorize others? Majority of the time, people ride down the easement to get to a different section of the dunes from a different way...that's one of the beauties of riding out there- you're free to go whatever way you feel like going. I always thought people who couldn't ride away from the parking lot were just there to show off-- those are the ones you have to worry about, the ones who like to ride by camp doing wheelies or blazing wide open in 4th gear and/or jumping the closest dunes without spotters. We like to get away from the "idiots" when we are riding- TO AND FROM!

The point of the easement BS was SPECIFICALLY so that people were FORCED to ride THROUGH KSI PROPERTY to get to the remainder of the dunes. Plain and simple.

SO keep trying to spread your KSI propaganda and people will keep refuting you! God bless you [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Stick around you might learn something and maybe---just maybe have a good time!

Old 04-05-2006, 01:55 AM
Trailblazer
Default KERMIT CHATTER

Originally posted by: TXduneripper

You really need to go back and read what I posted because you somehow got me mixed up with someone else.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 04-05-2006, 08:35 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 167 Likes on 166 Posts
Default KERMIT CHATTER

Just curious, but how are all the areas marked? If it's true I can ride one area free, how will I know when I've come to an area I need to pay?
Once again, as an outsider, it's not that much different to drive to Waynoka for me. Think myself, and others would pick the place that has the fewest hassles.
I'm sure the economy out there doesn't have a dependency on the orv market, but I think they'd like to keep what they had in the past too.

Old 04-05-2006, 10:12 AM
Trailblazer
Default KERMIT CHATTER

Hopefully Concerned Duner will give us all the info on the free riing area he has!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 04-05-2006, 10:21 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 167 Likes on 166 Posts
Default KERMIT CHATTER

How about what isn't free, too.

Old 04-05-2006, 10:23 AM
T Rex Rider
What irritates me is!
Those 6-packs work pretty good.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default KERMIT CHATTER

Originally posted by: Scootergptx
Just curious, but how are all the areas marked? If it's true I can ride one area free, how will I know when I've come to an area I need to pay?
They aren't marked. That's another problem.

BUT the wind blows and fences don't last. I've seen a couple of areas where ranchers have tried and the fence completly covered in some spots and then 20 feet away you can ride under it without ducking. I wouldn't be surprised if someone has been ticketed on somebody else's property bordering KSI's. As an outsider, you'd be better off just paying the $7 and don't worry about it. Seriously.

For a 1st time West Texas rider, KSI has the best sand and it's a must see. Period. You get up on one of the bigger dunes and get a grasp of the size of the area, it's a pretty awesome experience. And riding doesn't get more fun. You have to check it out scooter. You'd be hooked for life. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: KERMIT CHATTER