Family ATVing Photos Post photos of yourself, family and friends on the trail.

Paiute Trail, Utah

Old 06-11-2018, 04:38 PM
Pro Rider
Loves riding and can't get enough.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Behind the Reef is my favorite out in the Swell.

Gooseberry is connected to the Paiute Trail but the Arapeen is still a bit farther north and you can reach if by ATV from the north side of the Goose berry Trail.

The Gooseberry trailhead is about 8 miles east of Salina. To ride from there and take the loop up onto the Great Western and back is a pretty good ride and its beautiful country.

Old 06-24-2018, 11:58 AM
Pro Rider

I bought a synthetic rope for my new winch and took the old one off the old winch and made two 25' recovery or tow straps.

Now I have about 260'. Just hope I NEVER need it.

Old 06-24-2018, 04:00 PM
Moto Psycho
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

On one of my old quads I bolted a .50 caliber ammo can to the left side of my rear rack with U-bolts through the bottom. It left me plenty of room for my cooler in the middle of the rack and a gas can on the right side. I kept a pair of work gloves and all of my winching stuff inside the can. I kept it padlocked by way of a U-bolt on the front of the can and a hole in the latch big enough for it to go through. I only carried one tow rope and one shackle. The shackle was bigger than those and I could easily fit both hooks of the tow rope and the hook of the winch cable on it at the same time. I used the tow rope instead of a tree saver. One time I was stuck and there weren't any trees within 50' to anchor my winch to, but there was a clump of bushes. I put my rope around the whole bunch right at ground level and winched myself out. The stalks on the bush were as big around as a finger, less IIRC, but together they made a good anchor.

Attached Thumbnails Paiute Trail, Utah-tecumseh.jpg  
Old 06-24-2018, 06:17 PM
Pro Rider

I've used over 100' of rope to reach something I could anchor to.

Long story how I ended up with soo many ropes, it was never intentional.

I bought a 1/4" 50' rope without thinking and when it was all spooled up it was 25% bigger in diameter and wouldn't all spool in. That's where my first 50" rope came from.

I bought the second one just to add a loop to the other end for recovery purposes. The next two came off old winches when I replaced them with new winches.

I cut this one in half because sometimes 15 footers are too short and 50 footers are too long and if I ever do need to use my ****** block I wont have to wind out much rope from my winch.

Yep, I know. Overkill.

Old 06-25-2018, 12:22 AM
Moto Psycho

If I had to reach that far for something solid I think I would buy a ground anchor made for winching. Or a boat anchor. I heard of people using fluke anchors that dig into the ground, but I think that would depend on the type of soil. Walmart has them for 30 bucks or less depending on the size, but if you found one at a yard sale it wouldn't cost much.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Shoreline...Style/17047753

Old 06-25-2018, 09:16 AM
Pro Rider

This one was given to me a few months ago and is still siting in the bed of my truck.

I think the one you suggested would work better. The problem is I don't have room in my trunk for any more "stuff".

Old 06-25-2018, 09:43 AM
Pro Rider

We held our first Drive-In Movie here in the park last Saturday. We showed the Croods.

We had an awesome turnout with nothing but positive comments.

The Paiute Trail Committee leased the movie for the park because it is along the trail system and encouraged ATV and SxS participation.

I'm pretty sure that the Committee is going to buy all the equipment needed (the screen, projector and sound system was borrowed) to make this a regular event including offering a movie night during the ATV jamborees.

Old 06-25-2018, 12:21 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by Specta

We held our first Drive-In Movie here in the park last Saturday. We showed the Croods.

We had an awesome turnout with nothing but positive comments.

The Paiute Trail Committee leased the movie for the park because it is along the trail system and encouraged ATV and SxS participation.

I'm pretty sure that the Committee is going to buy all the equipment needed (the screen, projector and sound system was borrowed) to make this a regular event including offering a movie night during the ATV jamborees.
If you did that here you'd be eaten alive by mosquitoes. Looks like a fun night out.

Old 06-25-2018, 01:11 PM
Moto Psycho

That's a great idea. I've never seen a screen like that. We have a lot of movie nights at my friend's cabin. Weather permitting we sit by the fire, and there's a small TV with a built-in DVD player on a table. A battery powered speaker plugged into the TV is a big help. If it starts to rain we move into a large enclosed canopy, where the accessory speaker is really needed because the rain is so loud. If it's a crappy rainy day we might have a movie day under the canopy too.

Old 06-25-2018, 01:13 PM
Moto Psycho

Originally Posted by Specta

This one was given to me a few months ago and is still siting in the bed of my truck.

I think the one you suggested would work better. The problem is I don't have room in my trunk for any more "stuff".
Doesn't Batman use one of those to climb walls?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Paiute Trail, Utah