General Chat Ask for ATV help above in the Brand Discussions Area. Use this forum to discuss Life, Music, ETC. Or discuss pretty much anything BUT no political or religious threads. There's an area for that.

Motorcycles talking trash

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2011, 08:19 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Motorcycles talking trash

This is a Gopro of Ravens Roost in Naches, WA. The young man with the camera on his helmet is riding a KTM dirt Bike. The father of the rider is also brothers with my Co-worker who HATES quads. He calls them quad tards! LOL I razz him daily to get under his skin and it worked. After they posted this on youtube his Brother (father of the rider) said " anit no quad gonna beat me up ravens roost". He also bet $500. I know this bet was directed to me but I bet there are a few riders that could use the money more than myself and I have to work with guys brother....I am sure this guys ego is the size of the Pacific Ocean and wouldn't turn down the challenge. Good luck to all

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTvVXaA35DI

Old 08-16-2011, 07:19 PM
Pro Rider

I've desert raced dirt bikes for decades, and have also desert raced ATVs for several years. I'm not the best rider out there, but I've finished at the top of my class in several AMA National Hare & Hound events. I've owned somewhere around thirty dirt bikes in the last 35 years, including seven KTMs. My current bike is a 2009 KTM 505 XC-F.

While the person doing the trash talking about quads is correct for the most part, namely, dirt bikes are able to absolutely blow away ATVs in any contest that involves speed, he is wrong about that particular terrain shown in the video.

A Can Am Renegade 800 X Xc, or the new Renegade 1000 X Xc would hand a dirt bike its *** on the first part of that trail, the really really rocky part. A good rider on the Renegade could ride that first rocky section wide open. Put it in four wheel drive with the visco lock front diff providing traction, and the power steering preventing kickback to the bars, and pin the throttle. Hang on for dear life, and take the lead from the dirt bike. The dirt bike would be faster on the smoother less rocky second portion of the trail, but it wouldn't matter at that point because the Renegade would be in the lead and would be making so much dust the dirt bike rider wouldn't be able to see well enough to pass.

Old 08-17-2011, 09:58 AM
Super Moderator
Toxic Ryder
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DesertViper
I've desert raced dirt bikes for decades, and have also desert raced ATVs for several years. I'm not the best rider out there, but I've finished at the top of my class in several AMA National Hare & Hound events. I've owned somewhere around thirty dirt bikes in the last 35 years, including seven KTMs. My current bike is a 2009 KTM 505 XC-F.

While the person doing the trash talking about quads is correct for the most part, namely, dirt bikes are able to absolutely blow away ATVs in any contest that involves speed, he is wrong about that particular terrain shown in the video.

A Can Am Renegade 800 X Xc, or the new Renegade 1000 X Xc would hand a dirt bike its *** on the first part of that trail, the really really rocky part. A good rider on the Renegade could ride that first rocky section wide open. Put it in four wheel drive with the visco lock front diff providing traction, and the power steering preventing kickback to the bars, and pin the throttle. Hang on for dear life, and take the lead from the dirt bike. The dirt bike would be faster on the smoother less rocky second portion of the trail, but it wouldn't matter at that point because the Renegade would be in the lead and would be making so much dust the dirt bike rider wouldn't be able to see well enough to pass.

that is how us CamAm riders ride.

Old 08-17-2011, 10:41 AM
Pro Rider

Dirt bikes are fast, nimble, and have ten times better suspension than an ATV, ... but they are not an ATV. Afterall, what does ATV stand for? ALL TERRAIN VEHICLE. There are only a few circumstances when an ATV will beat a dirt bike, such as snow, deep mud, and the very rocky rubble covered ground shown at the start of that video. The trash talking dirt biker could have been right in his assessment of dirt bikes beating ATVs, but he chose the wrong terrain. We ride that type of terrain all the time, I've done it for decades on dirt bikes and ATVs, I know which one would win.
Name:  DSC01990-1.jpg
Views: 110
Size:  171.8 KB

Old 08-18-2011, 10:05 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default ATV VS bike

Thanks for the Picture and all the comments.

Old 08-31-2011, 11:30 AM
ʇsıʇɹɐ ɹǝʌolloɹ
Providing the enemies of the United States with the maximum opportunity to give their lives for their country since 1775.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DesertViper

100% agree- no dirtbike hitting a 3' deep mud hole or a deep river bed. Packing for a long trip and toting extra fuel is a PITA and forget about pulling anything. Not saying it can't be done- just a real PITA!

if I had a dollar every time I came across a dirtbiker pushing his bike out of a river and draining the crank or has it upside down on the bars

dirtbikes are fun for tracks & local trails-

I work with a guy who really believes his mountain bike can go anywhere an atv can go.

Old 08-31-2011, 11:49 AM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

I've ridden a lot of rocky terrain and when I (rarely) see an MX bike in a rocky climb or trail covered with football sized rocks the MXers are usually pushing there bike. I would also give a fast quad with good IRS suspension the nod on rocky trails, mud, and snow, but bikes the nod on anything hard packed that's relatively smooth.