Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Will a Rubicon owner step up to the plate? battle of egos here

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2000, 04:50 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Greg said he wanted to determine, "WHAT IS THE MOST CAPABLE ATV." I don't see how this question can be answered validly without accounting for the differing skills of riders involved. Either you assume all drivers are of absolutely equal skill, or driver competence has no bearing on the trial results, if you think definitive determination of the best MACHINE, under Greg's test conditions, will be proven.

Again, you may be right; Greg's timed trials program may prove conclusively beyond reasonable doubt: his Polaris is "THE MOST CAPABLE ATV" in the world.

Do NASCAR races settle the question, "WHAT IS THE MOST CAPABLE AUTOMOBILE?" (Not, "the fastest car/driver combination on this track for this race this day.") If so, then the same brand car must win every race.

Now, as I have said before, no record of face-to-face or wheel-to-wheel confrontation has ever been recorded. Is this a first?

If so, what, exactly, will the results prove, polcat2?

Tree Farmer

Old 07-03-2000, 04:59 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The old max6x6 bought a polaris hes on my icq list and he bought a scrambler.

Old 07-03-2000, 09:46 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well I certainly cant make it to Texas,but Mr Greg Sims,that is a real intresting challenge.I also owned a 99 500cc Sportsman,It was a great mudder.Presently,Im riding a 00 400cc Xplorer,it is the better mudder of the two because it develops more power and wheel speed and is 110 lbs lighter.I would love to compete in something like that,but Texas is just to far for me.But thanks for the invite.The Honda 300cc?Forget that thing,especially in mud.It sets far to low to the ground to compete in the mud with a Sportsman,It is an excellant and dependable 4x4 quad,but it's not in the same league as a Sportsman.=====Bill

Old 07-04-2000, 12:25 AM
Pro Rider

Sounds great!

Old 07-04-2000, 05:01 PM
Pro Rider

What everyone keeps saying is that the 300cc don't have the speed, well if it don't have the speed to throw that thar grit out of dem tires well tires almost as slick as an onion would do about as good, not to mention the ground clearance on the 300cc. What do you do when you bottom out with mud filled tires...well you sit there or wait for a more horsepower higher clearance machine to pull you out...not mentioning no names of course. Don't get me wrong the 300cc is one of Honda's best bikes but mud with a Sportsman...wake up Alice your in wonderland....you know your dreaming, ah forget it. Anyway since everybody is telling bull stories I rode with 2 Honda 300's yesterday we went on a newly made gas well road after about 2 days of raining...Well I could go with the Polaris in 2 wheel drive where they were haveing trouble with 3 wheel drive, and the Polaris has stock tires...so does that tell you anything.
And Alaska Skunk where you live they call them hills if you want to climb some mountains come to WV these trails are so custom made and graded right at the safe angle no rocks sticking up right before you top up that steep path...yeah right!!!

Old 07-04-2000, 06:35 PM
Pro Rider

Atving (a.k.a. liar): Nice to know you really can admit your not very bright. What kind of test did you need to take to get hired as a cop there in WV? Grease gun academy? What? If it is that easy i might tell my Brother in Law to leave OPD and join your force since you got a job with no education (other than Grease Gun Academy, GGA). Last time i looked on the map WV don't have as many Mountain Ranges as AK. (WV, the whole state isn't as big as Anchorage) Of course your right, to you, your drive way is a challenge, not to your machine, but to you. I could see why you might think WV has more moutains now. LATER, and why don't you reply to my emails, scared!!!!!

PS: I put on my rubber boots, your Polaris in 2wheel drive going places a 300 honda 4x4 isn't. HA HA HA HA!!!!!!!!!! IT'S GETTING DEEP IN HERE.

Old 07-04-2000, 07:25 PM
Pro Rider

Maybe I should get some good pics of marys mudhole, mocassin slough, the sand drag, the barrels, duck pond, and whatever else I can so that everybody can see what the "mudpuddle" really is.. Its not that bad really... You can make it if you just run thru the middle.. Everybody has wore out the sides thinking the middle is bad... Its actually the opposite.. Jsut go straight thru the middle, up over the little berm in the middle, thru that one little 10-15 ft. wide mudhole, and you got it made.. hehehehehehehehe....(EVIL GRIN!!) Sure man, U can make it!!!..

Old 07-04-2000, 08:06 PM
Pro Rider

Are you saying that the winner will be judged on performance alone?? 1 or 2 laps around a mud hole...pulling a sled twice and winning...
only showes superiority in one or 2 catagories.
No one questions Polaris's value in these races..and I'll bet Greg himself is pretty confident...I"ll continue to beat on this dead horse ....At Indy ..they run 500 miles for a reason...at Baja they run 250..500 and 1000 miles...Paris to Daquar(sp.)many miles...
Road races that cover many countries etc.
Seldom does the Fastest (sprint)machine win.Horse power doesn"t equal victory either...take a fuel dragster to Pikes Peak...it would probably lead to the 1st turn.
The endurance factor...cost and ease of maintainability ..have to be a factor in the equation or your "test" will be seen as loaded to Polaris's side from the start.
Entering both quads in the Baja 1000..stock with equal factory support ...top riders aboard ..would be a far more interesting challenge!!
Back to the Texas Mudhole....how about a 6 hr. endurance relay...changing riders every 1 hr.Total laps count...Polaris performance against Hondas reliability.Maybe an eye opener for everyone!!

... Bill riding the lowly yellow 450 es and still surprising Polaris riders

Old 07-05-2000, 12:54 AM
Pro Rider

You's guys are nuts with all this...LOL

Old 07-05-2000, 08:19 AM
Range Rover

Nice to see this conversation turning to name calling ....... very mature. How old are these people? Then there is the comment "My town is bigger than your whole state!". That is a good one! What's next "My dad can kick your Dad's Azz!"

SP500 in NS

P.S. If you were wondering, My Dad can kick everyone elses Dad's Azz.

Quick Reply: Will a Rubicon owner step up to the plate? battle of egos here