Hunting, Trapping, Game Management Discuss Bow and Fire Arm Hunting.

Strangest Things You've Seen In The Woods......

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2006, 02:06 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Strangest Things You've Seen In The Woods......

Old 01-11-2006, 02:26 AM
Trailblazer

First the funny story: My buddy and i had just got back from a evening out on the town (he lives out in the north alabama woods) and we saw an opossum in his yard so we run in to get the gun to shoot it (probably not a good idea after drinking all night) anyway when we ran back outisde it was gone. So we put the gun back in the house and we got back in the truck to go to the store. My buddy reaches in the floorboard to grab the keys and feels something hairy. He let out the loudest, girly-ish scream iv ever heard. Turns out, it was just his cat that had climbed in the truck while we were inside. Ill laughed so hard i was sore the next day. This is the same guy that is 23 yrs old and still wont walk to his treestand before daylight and he always gets down before dark. Man does he catch hell!!

Neat story: I was sitting around the camp fire one night at about 10pm and i was playin my acoustic guitar. Between songs i heard something walking in the woods in front of me. I didnt pay it any attention and just kept on pickin away. Well... it got closer and closer. Finally when it was probably 10yds away or so i could see it in the fire light, it was a big ole doe just standing there watchin and listening to the show. So i just kept on playin and she finally turned and walked off after a min or two. She must not have liked my pickin!?!?

Old 01-11-2006, 05:07 PM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: RedGoblin
This was the very first and I believe best one in the other forum. Copyright of I_Shoot_Stuff, so nobody thinks I made it up:
my unlce his girlfriend and 2 frineds went up to this old pet cemetary to just hang out/and just dick around. well my uncle and his girl went on a walk. they walked away from there van and were walkin by the woods and stepped in. my unlce looked down and he said he saw something huge bent down scooping water and drinking it up out of the creek. my uncle said the moon was shining so bright he could see the water run down his face. and then it stood up and my uncle said it was about 7-8 feet tall. when it stood up my uncle told his girl to run back get his friends and the van. so she ran back got them and came back. well across the woods and creeck was like a satanic church. so thats why he wanted to get out. when his friends got there it already had started climbing up towards my uncle his friends got there. they saw it and they wanted to wait because all 3 of them could of taken whoever or whatever it was most likely. but as fast as it was moving. and it was waking they started for the van and it started running after them they got in the van and could here it like screaming after them and it chased the van till the van got up to speed and couldnt keep up. then it just stopped and stood there.
he said he never went back and, this is true my uncle wasnt lying about this. and he still cant make up his mind what it was. like a man, bigfoot, or something else.

That sounds scary especially when theres a satanic church across from it.

Old 01-11-2006, 05:39 PM
Range Rover

The strangest thing I have seen in the woods was about 2 years ago when I was at my dads friends hunting camp in the summer and my cousin came with me for a ride . we were way out into the woods like i mean 3 hour atv ride and we were going through a trail that looked like no one had been through in years and we stopped for a break to let the bike cool off and out of no where some guy that looked like he was maybe 30 years old was coming down the trail in front us like 30 metres with long scruffy hair and old clothes on and he was in like an almost zombie like state just staring directly at us walking really slowly and he yelled something like GEE! in a very deep voice.

we didnt stick around for to long when we saw him. we were there for maybe 15 more seconds and we were off down the trail. not planning on going down that trail again. we got back to the camp and told our parents what happened and they said they had seen some one wandering around the camp a few days before. by the time we got back it was well after dark and out parents went out the next day to the trail that we saw him on but they searched around but they found nothing.

It was the scariest thing thats ever happened to me.

Old 01-17-2006, 11:56 PM
Pro Rider

I had something like that happen to me. Was hunting some old farm property this past year, always heard stories about it but never gave them a second thought. Was a nice warm day, so I hunker down, hat over my face, just kinda doze off. Not really sleeping just super relaxed, waiting for dusk to start to settle in. Pretty comfy, didn't think there was nothing around, then I heard someone whisper " Here they come......" i sat up mighty freakin quick let me tell you. Not 2 minuets later 3 does walked into the field. Deff will not be going back there.............Its great land to hunt but no one ever does, guess thats why.

Old 01-18-2006, 12:20 AM
Pro Rider

Okay, who said "here they come"?

Damn that is freaky

I've got a bow hunting buddy who told me this story. He was sitting in a lock-on stand right before dark. He was hunting hard during the last few of minutes of daylight. As he sat there in his safety restraint he was looking back and forth along this deer trail. Right before he was ready to get down, something slapped his hat almost off of his head. You know, kinda knocked it to one side. Well he said he was about to come unglued, but being an outdoorsman, he tried to keep calm. He looked around the side of the tree to his left and right, and up and down but saw nothing. Remember he's 25 foot or so up a tree. He can't see anything that could have done this. As he is settling back down, but still clueless as to what just happened, a big screeching bat lands right on his face. I mean splat. HE FREAKED! He threw his bow of the stand and jumped up running. Good thing he had his restraint on. He said he didn't even think about what he was doing. It was just a knee-jerk reaction he had after the "encounter". Luckily, he just basically stepped out into space and was caught without injury. It sounded pretty funny to me, though.

Old 01-18-2006, 12:32 AM
Pro Rider

I have no idea, i was hunting alone, i didn't see anyone or hear anyone.......it was just a random voice out of no where but it was clear as day.

Old 01-18-2006, 01:09 AM
Pro Rider

I've got a similar ghost story of my own, but I won't tell it so everyone won't think I'm a retard.

Old 01-18-2006, 01:29 AM
Pro Rider

Oh come on, we'll be laughing with you.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 01-18-2006, 08:31 AM
Range Rover

tell us anyways. no ones going to care if they think your lieing or not. well atleast im not

Quick Reply: Strangest Things You've Seen In The Woods......