Hunting, Trapping, Game Management Discuss Bow and Fire Arm Hunting.

Strangest Things You've Seen In The Woods......

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2005, 09:51 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Strangest Things You've Seen In The Woods......

Strangest thing I saw was from my dad while deer hunting........lol..........we are sitting on the road, and he's telling me directions to a spot where I'm supposed to sit at(he sat there the day before).......and this is how he tells me "just go down that ravine until you see the toilet paper and then walk about 50 feet East to the big tree"......lol I about busted a gut when I actually did see the tp.........but little did I know.......he ambushed the trail......that sucker took a crap, and threw his pile of tp about 6 or 7 feet away from the poo.......so I had human poo on my boot all day long.....

pretty strange huh.......my pops is tricky like that I guess.......

Old 10-19-2005, 10:27 PM
Pro Rider

Well at least he left you a clue. If only you had a blue polka-dotted dog to help you figure that one out.

Old 10-20-2005, 05:35 AM
Pro Rider

I may have an answer to the screaming in the woods question. A buddy and I were bow hunting along a river and agreed to meet up in a sugar beet field after it got dark. Once we met up we were talking about the deer we saw. It was pitch dark by now. All of a sudden we hear this blood curteling scream. It seemed to be moving along the edge of the woods. We are both pretty good size and not afraid of too much, but I'll tell ya, that gave us both goose bumps. We never did find out what it was.
Then a couple years later, my wife and I were fishing from the boat just at sundown. We heard this scream somewhere along shore. We thought someone was getting raped so we headed toward the sound as fast as we could. It turns out somebody WAS getting raped. It was a pair of foxes and they were stuck together butt to butt. The female was trying to run away and the male was screaming (not that I blame him). They finally came apart and took off through the woods still making screaming noise. You couldn't tell if it was happy screams or agany screams but it sure sounded the same as the ones my buddy and I heard while hunting.

Old 10-20-2005, 05:47 AM
Pro Rider

Here's another one. I had just gotten my boat and was testing it out on the river that runs through town. That 90 horse Yamaha is very quiet even when moving right along. The river runs past a park where there is a Frisbee golf course. I was moving at a pretty good clip and came around the bend by the park and there was a guy and girl behind a big elm tree. He was leaning with his back against the tree and his pants around his ankles and she was on her knees. As soon as I saw them I waved. They must have never heard me coming because he gave half a wave back and she never stopped doing whatever it was she was doing. I just smiled and kept on going around the bend. I wonder if they ever finished what they were doing.

Old 10-20-2005, 10:55 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am starting the litigation process as we speak to get one of those frisbee courses here....all who want to help start one, please sign here x_________________________________________________ ______

Old 10-20-2005, 11:06 PM
Pro Rider

Lol, I am not sure I believe that one. If I would have seen it, it definitelly would have been in trouble.

Old 10-21-2005, 03:29 AM
Pro Rider

The park is right down the street from the University of North Dakota and it can be pretty entertaining at night. So long as you are done and out of the park by 11 PM.

Old 01-04-2006, 04:36 PM
Weekend Warrior

the stangest things i seen in the woods was a muskrat in a mink going at it for abou 3 mins the mink won and where i hunt its thick so ive had a few deer scare the heck out of me by almost blowing in my ear, but the worst was getting put up a tree by a moose in rutting season, sex or fight i was,nt hanging around to find out what he wanted and no i did,nt have a gun i was working

Old 01-05-2006, 12:56 AM
Range Rover

wolverine in UP michigan,while deer hunting

Old 01-05-2006, 12:58 AM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: Starky
Here's another one. I had just gotten my boat and was testing it out on the river that runs through town. That 90 horse Yamaha is very quiet even when moving right along. The river runs past a park where there is a Frisbee golf course. I was moving at a pretty good clip and came around the bend by the park and there was a guy and girl behind a big elm tree. He was leaning with his back against the tree and his pants around his ankles and she was on her knees. As soon as I saw them I waved. They must have never heard me coming because he gave half a wave back and she never stopped doing whatever it was she was doing. I just smiled and kept on going around the bend. I wonder if they ever finished what they were doing.
you gotta love those 4 strokes.......

Quick Reply: Strangest Things You've Seen In The Woods......