Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

WaterWetter for my P650

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2003, 10:52 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WaterWetter for my P650

its kinda funny how all you guys way up there in Canada are worried about overheating and fan running etc, lol! I ride all day down here in the HEAT and have no problems. The fan doesnt run excessively, even when mudding(although we usually have some water with the mud to keep radiator reasonable). If I ride all day down sandy trails or woods trails though, my fan rarely even comes on. Whats going on up there!?

Basically I'd like to see some objective information on the water wetter, wondered if anyone had it?

Old 06-05-2003, 03:00 PM
Trailblazer

Lightman,

There is a difference in the humid temps and mud down in FL compared to Canada and upper USA states. I know the mud in Tenn is thin like and doesn't stick to the radiator much. The mud I went through in Hurley, WI was Iron Ore mud. Red/Brownish and THICK. It stuck to every part of my quad....especially my radiator. I'll post a pic in my bio from WI. I swear that mud you could make houses with!!! The trail runs were extremely dusty with the Iron Ore dust. Had a hankey over my nose and everything and still blew major dust ***** out of it. What I am saying is every place is different and until you head up there to play where those guys play you won't know what their talking about. I did it.... Come on up!!

Maybe you don't push the limits much on your quad...LOL...just kidding.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 06-05-2003, 03:44 PM
Pro Rider

It was tested when the product was new. I have it in an article in an old magazine, Hotrod or muscle car dont remember which. Anyway the results where different in different vehicles, some only cooled 23 degrees and some cooled 46 degrees, but in all cases it did work. I havent tested it for myself yet but I really dont have any heat problems so I never found the need to test.

Old 06-05-2003, 03:50 PM
Pro Rider

I just thought I remembered hearing some negatives about water wetter. Maybe it was compatibility with certain metals, not sure. Still looking for that info.

Some places around here have that really thick nasty mud that will form a nice cement over the radiator, but I usually find some water to run through to rinse it. If the water wetter is compatible with our prairies I dont see why not. One other thing to consider guys is that an engine running high quality synthetic oil will run much cooler than a petroleum based oil. I noticed right away after switching to the amsoil atv/4stroke 0w-40. Another great oil is the mobil 1 mx4t 10w-40.

Old 06-05-2003, 04:05 PM
Pro Rider

You may be right, that could be the reason why the DEI advertises theres as being non corrosive and says all the different things its compatible with. Might be taking advantage of some bad press a different brand recieved.