Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

JUST BOUGHT NEW V FORCE, LOOKING TO DUMP SOME $$$$ IN THIS THING,HELP

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2003, 02:32 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JUST BOUGHT NEW V FORCE, LOOKING TO DUMP SOME $$$$ IN THIS THING,HELP

I THINK THE FIRST THING IM GOING TO DO IS ORDER THE EPI PRO KIT FOR THE QUAD, ANYONE RUNNING THIS YET? ALSO I WANT AN EXHAUST BAD WHATS THE WORD ON THAT ? I WOULD PERFER THE DUAL YOSH TRI OVAL SYSTEM BUT ITS NOT OUT FOR ANOTHER TWO WEEKS. ALSO CONSIDERING HMF. WHAT OTHER GOOD MODS SHOULD I DO

Old 06-17-2003, 03:11 PM
Pro Rider

My Oppinion?? Elka Shocks, all the way around, best mod by far you can do. As is, suspension can't keep up with this quad, others will agree. Congrates and enjoy, Putt

Old 06-17-2003, 03:12 PM
Pro Rider

Don't buy the EPI kit if you are going to mod your V-Force it is a waste of money, if you want advice on clutching talk to KevinM. As for the HMF exhaust I love it and it's almost half the price of the yoshi exhaust and I have not heard about anyone with the yoshi yet. If you want to spend your money wisely buy yourself a set of Elka Elite's they are by far the best mod for the money. Good Luck with your new V

Old 06-17-2003, 03:58 PM
Range Rover

I GUESS IM TO LATE I JUST GOT BACK FROM LOCAL STORE AND JUST ORDERED THE CLUTCH KIT? WHY DO YOU THINK ITS A WASTE? I TALKED TO SOME GUYS OUT WEST WHO DID IT AND LOVE IT SAYS PULLS WAY HARDER. I WILL PROBALLY GO WITH THE HMF EXHAUST. I RIDE MAINLY IN THE SAND AND DO ALOT OF DRAGING UP HILLS AND FLAT STUFF TO. IS IT TRUE THAT HUBS OFF OF A 400 EX WILL FIT HTE 700? I SEE YOU JETTED YOURS 160/165 ? I SAW HMFS SAID 142/145? ANY HELP WOULD BE GREAT

Old 06-17-2003, 04:15 PM
Range Rover

If you order ELKA shocks make sure you order them from Christian Paul Motorsports. (518)661-6321 make sure you talk to Rick and tell him that you heard about them from this website forum. He will take great care of you.

Old 06-17-2003, 04:19 PM
Pro Rider

The EPI kit is designed for stock engines I have the HMF dual exhaust and I modified the airbox and snorkle and rejetted to 160,165. The engine makes alot more power in the higher rpms now and the EPI kit does not let you use it I kept in the black spring but I went back to the stock weights and bought a yellow polaris spring to put in the primary instead of there red spring. Trust me cancel your order or your throwing away $200 like I did not to mention the $250 on different springs till I found the best buy taking KevinM's advice. The hubs do fit the fronts are already the same bolt pattern as honda. I don't see any reason to change hubs though ITP makes the Baja rims in the V-Force bolt pattern.

Old 06-17-2003, 04:31 PM
Range Rover

YOU SOUND LIKE YOU ARE VERY KNOWLEGEALBE, WOULD YOU PLEASE GIVE ME A CALL AT 614-774-4389 ASAP CAUSE I WOULD LIKE TO CANCEL THIS ORDER WITH A COUPLE MORE QUESTIONS

Old 06-17-2003, 04:43 PM
Pro Rider

I have the MBRP exhaust on order and I will pick up the K&N filters as soon as they are available. One of my friends who drag races sleds, and wins consistently at it because he understands clutching thinks that a Polaris yellow-white spring will be the right one. He came to this conclusion just as an educated guess when I told him guys were using the Polaris brown spring with some success. I will be going to his shop later this summer with my bike and we will try different things then. I really respect his opinion when it comes to clutching, earlier this year at the ice drags this guy on a brand new Firecat was getting his *** kicked on the holeshot and then catching up at the end. My buddy changed his weights and spring for him and no one could touch him the rest of the day.

Old 06-17-2003, 11:17 PM
Weekend Warrior

i was wondering what kind of mods yall have done to the air box

Old 06-18-2003, 01:17 AM
Pro Rider

Hey guys can you tell me where to get all these cool mods for the VForce?