Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

How did you guys do GNCC results?

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2003, 02:37 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How did you guys do GNCC results?

Well I've been waiting for the race traed results, how did you Prairewrench, TRX, and everyone else make out?

Old 10-20-2003, 03:56 PM
Trailblazer

I saw an orange V-Force roll down the steepest hill on the course. He didn't continue. I hope it was only because of mechanical reasons. That thing hit like a ton of bricks. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] I think it might have been Home Dawg from these forums.

Old 10-20-2003, 09:17 PM
Pro Rider

Yep that Orange Force rolling down the hill was me. I didn't continue because my back right tire popped off the rim. I am pretty banged up but no serious injury. I am not exactly sure what happened, but I think I hit those rocks on the left side of the big hill and it kicked me toward the crowd. I remember letting off the throttle a little so I wouldn't run over the spectators and the thing just stopped cold and I had to bail off. I rolled down the hill and I think the Force ran over me on the way down.

I am pretty embarassed by the whole thing. I feel like a huge loser. I really thought I could at least finish the race, but I crashed before finishing the first darn lap. My riding buddy tried to console me by telling me that it was just misfortune (lots of others hit crashed on that hill), but most of those guys got back up and were able to continue.

Those of you who saw me crash, is my recollection right or not. If not, what caused me to crash? Did I not have enough speed (I thought I had the darn thing pinned and I know it has enough power).

I am at a crossroads. Either I call myself lucky and give up competitive riding or get serious and drop about 50 pounds and try again.

Any kind words would be much appreciated. I have a busted Force and a badly bruised ego (not to mention a separated left shoulder and a black eye).

Prior to the crash, I was having a good time. I was motoring kinda slow, but steady and having fun. It i kinda ironic, because just minutes before I crashed, I was thinking how much fun this was and then I almost killed myself.

I will stop blabbing now. How did you other guys do?

Old 10-20-2003, 10:17 PM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: Kawy
Well I've been waiting for the race traed results, how did you Prairewrench, TRX, and everyone else make out?

Did not go....it was the first day of bow season & from the sounds of it I'm glad I never. When you sit in a bottle-neck for 30 min. that is not racing nor would it be fun. It looks to me like a very bad course layout that would let that happen.

Old 10-20-2003, 11:33 PM
Trailblazer

Nothing to be embarassed about....at least you went for it!
As they say, sh__ happens.....
Fix it and get back on that horse.....Take care

Old 10-21-2003, 08:36 AM
Trailblazer

IF I remember correctly, you came up the hill behind a couple of other quads. They kinda bunched up and it looked as if you tried to turn and go to the side but that was a damn steep hill and your quad rolled over on you. I can see how the tire came off the bead. The last bounce it took was from about 15' up the hill and it came down right on the rim. I was praying it didn't land on someone. That thing hit hard. I'm surprised it didn't bend and axle. The spectators were offering alot of help to the riders but sometimes did get in the way. I saw one of the team green guys run over one at the top of the hill. I don't blame him, he had nowhere to go.

Old 10-21-2003, 11:13 AM
Pro Rider

Well, better luck next time. That could have happend to anyone.

Old 10-21-2003, 01:00 PM
Pro Rider

HIPSI,

Thanks for your reply. I hit the ground pretty hard, so my memory of the thing is very fuzzy. I do remember turning toward the crowd and losing my momentum, but until your reply I wasn't sure why. I guess next time I will wait until the other guys clear the hill before I launch.

I will say one thing for the V force. As hard as it hit, it sustained not a lick of structural damage. The frame is straight with not cracked welds, A arms, swingarms, and the axle all look good. Most of the damage was superficial.

I also seem to recall a guy behind me. Did he make it up the hill or did he get screwed too? What about the guys in front of me. Did they make it?

Old 10-21-2003, 01:03 PM
Trailblazer

Guys in front made it with help from the crowd but I beleive the guy behind you rolled as well. I was afraid that big ole heavy V would land on him. It came pretty close. That would not have been good. Glad to hear there was no major damage.

I was riding witha guy two weeks ago that rolled his down a very steep 150+ foot hill. We straightened his tie-rod and he rode for another 2 hrs until the tie-rod bent again. His plastic was in bad shape but the bike held up very well. It's amazing what these things can take. There had to be 20-30 quads that rolled at the GNCC race and nearly all of them were able to continue.