Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

DAJ/Carb Problem Solved! Rejetted & Found a kink in vent hose

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2004, 03:58 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default DAJ/Carb Problem Solved! Rejetted & Found a kink in vent hose

FYI: I finally resolved my DAJ/carb problems by rejetting the carbs last Saturday (dropped 2 sizes on the main jets) in an effort to get rid of the surging problem I was experiencing when going 30 mph or more. When I experienced this surging problem, I concluded my carbs were running too rich for the DAJs to work properly.

This morning, I finally got to do timed runs at 100' and 300' and top-speed runs and discovered that the surging problem was completely gone, however my quad ACCERERATED A LOT SLOWER and my top-speed was ONLY 56 MPH (it was 62 mph BEFORE I rejetted). The quad seemed very weak and would I could not pull wheelies easily like I did before rejetting. It also backfired more than usual when I let off after WOT. Otherwise, it ran pretty smooth...just slower than usual.

Turning on the choke to 3/4 open, it seemed to speed up the quad a little bit. So I initially thought it was now too lean with the smaller jets, but then I discovered that the gas tank vent lines were moved to the edge of the top of the gas tank (about 2 or 3 inches to the side) which probably restricted or kinked part of that hose. After I moved the vent hose back into the slotted space, my quad instantly ran better than ever! I retested it and it accelerates better than ever, it pops wheelies again very easily, has awesome throttle response and my top-speed is the fastest ever on flat ground (63 mph). I'm very happy that I rejetted and found the kinked vent hose...Problem Solved!

Happy trails...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-23-2004, 07:05 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

---------=====/////////////////////////////////\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\======-----------------------

Old 03-23-2004, 07:08 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not sure where you got that...what I said was it ran better than ever after I moved the vent hose to its appropriate position. I was running way too lean with the kink in the hose.

Old 03-24-2004, 12:43 PM
Pro Rider

Thats it--I have made the mental decision that I am going to rejet my 360 DOWN at least two sizes and prove to myself once and for all if the dial a jet really works!!!

Old 03-24-2004, 01:04 PM
Pro Rider

Thanx for the info.
I found that hose crushed by the red clay deposits, flung by the rear wheel! It ran REAL weird, until I found it.