Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

No more prairie?

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2004, 06:04 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No more prairie?

what???? its the v-twin engine that has the reputation of being a winner. the same engine and essential design thats in the 650, 700 and 750. some of you guys make it sound like kawasaki commited a sin against you. all tehy did was up the bore, up the carb size and lowered the compression to keep the heat down. its not like its that far off from the "legendary" prairie. and you cant blame kawi for going with the times. main complaints with the prairie were ground clearance/no irs, macphersons instead of a-arms, small gas tank and the looks. they fixed that with the brute. yeah the brute styling is arguable, but the prairie was never much of a looker. I always said that i'd buy a prairie if it had IRS. I would have been happy with just that, but kawi one uped themselves in my book by also giving us a bigger engine, a-arms, bigger gas tank and all that good stuff for a price still cheaper than some comapnys like thehonda and polaris. and on top of it, only 2lbs heavier! same weight as the first prairie. should they disonctinue the prairie, idk--maybe, maybe not. I like the bike, but it seems like all the people who really care about it staying are people who already have one. do the current prairie owners plan on going out and buying all the 700s kawi should keep making to keep them happy? the 650 was a good move though because kawi now has the best bike to compete with the 500 class, and it can still hang with or out do alot of the current big bores like the rincon/grizzly and maybe even the KQ.

Old 11-30-2004, 11:53 PM
Pro Rider
Default No more prairie?

Originally posted by: Rubidude
I guess if they do away with the Prairie, you could get a Twin Peaks 700. Same thing right? Are all parts interchangeable between those two?

The only difference is the color and logo's, but its future is unknown. If I were to guess it might become a clone to the BF650 in suki colors . If it sticks around in there line up.

Old 12-03-2004, 01:03 AM
Pro Rider
Default No more prairie?

Originally posted by: Timo
What's the big deal. The Brute Force 650 is basically a prairie with a new name. It looks to me like they're changing the name more than anything else.
I agree. It'll save them money too, because the Prairie is technically a KVF (if you check the pics on their website, the file name is tagged as such), and is marketed in Canada as a KVF. Don't know why they just didn't keep the same name for both countries. Seems silly to have multiple literature and decalling.

Old 12-04-2004, 09:39 AM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default No more prairie?

Don't know why they just didn't keep the same name for both countries. Seems silly to have multiple literature and decalling.
Somethimes ya gotta wonder just what the h3ll is up at the factories..............