Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Clutch Install

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2005, 06:23 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clutch Install

Has anyone attempted a clutch install on a BF750?

Old 11-19-2005, 06:49 PM
Pro Rider
Default Clutch Install

what all are you installing? been there done that

Old 11-19-2005, 07:15 PM
Trailblazer
Default Clutch Install

I just got a new EPI Clutch kit for my bf750, it has three springs in it, a large white one, a small lavender, and a small pink one. Then some other weights.

Just not sure what tools I need or if I should even attempt myself.

Old 11-20-2005, 01:10 PM
Pro Rider
Default Clutch Install

http://www.700v.com/primary.htm I used this guys site as my tutorial... VERY helpful. in the lower left hand of the page it goes through primary spring replacement, changing weights everything step by step best of luck.... its a pretty easy job.
Bob

Old 11-20-2005, 03:41 PM
Trailblazer
Default Clutch Install

Bob,
Great link....that has helped a great deal already. So if you can, tell me why all the parts or where I can find out differences. I get that there a primary and a secondary, but why three springs? What is a stall rate? Do the weights make a difference? Is there a reference to help decide which rates are good for each application?

BFNY

Old 11-20-2005, 06:48 PM
Pro Rider
Default Clutch Install

ok... springs, there are three springs for you to dial in how you want your bike to shift. the largest spring my guess would be a spring for your secondary. the two smaller ones are for you primary. I can tell you unless you are going to be running big aggresive tires like outlaws,vampires,or mudzillas there really isnt a need for the weights. with up to a 27" mudlight or less aggresive you can get away with nothing more than a black secondary($20) the way I understand it the pink is a 0 stall spring with a high shiftout meaning when you hit the gas it grabs immediatly similar to factory, but revs higher between gear changes. the purple has a good stall (120)to it before grabbing which is better for drag racing and such with a high rev-out. The black secondary is my choice and the only reason I changed it was to keep the belt from slipping I would just add a pink primary and a black secondary and leave it at that . only reason I was using a kit was I had 28x12.5/12 outlaws on but now back to my 27" supergrips and dont need the kit so I just use a black secondary.

Old 11-20-2005, 09:22 PM
Trailblazer
Default Clutch Install

Bob,
Again great info, you would think that the clutch companies would want to publish this information for their customers to drive sales.

So what I am looking for is more agressive engagement so from my understanding I need to go with the purple spring?

BFNY

Old 11-20-2005, 11:29 PM
Pro Rider
Default Clutch Install

by the way, as for the weights the heavier the weight the higher stall speed also. if your looking for an aggresive enguagement , I'd go with the purple and then try it, if you want it more aggresive add the weights. but I can tell you that with a higher engaugement it is ALOT harder to work your way through rocks and technical stuff, also your engine braking will be affected, most likely you wont have any engine brake unless you burp the throttle repeatedly doing the primary stuff you wont need any special tools, unless you decide to take off the primary, then you need to get the EPI primary puller, its like 34 dollars. as for your secondary, you will need to build a spring compressor, you can find the instructions at http://kod.gotdns.com

Old 11-22-2005, 12:22 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Clutch Install

Here are the spring rates EPI

Old 11-24-2005, 01:41 PM
Trailblazer
Default Clutch Install

Hugh when you say pink primary and almond secondary, what kind of riding do you do with that?

I am looking for an agressive engagement but to much so that I can't navigate the technical stuff.