Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

V-FORCE LET ME DOWN FOR THE 1ST TIME--HELP ME PLEASE

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2006, 09:17 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default V-FORCE LET ME DOWN FOR THE 1ST TIME--HELP ME PLEASE

Well maybe it was my own stupid fault but here goes,i changed the oil on my stock 04 3 rides ago.It has about 80 hours or so on it.Ever since the 3rd ride from being new,the temp light would come on after a minimum of 15 minutes hard riding,then i would shut it down and the fan would run for up to 10 MINUTES..the coolant was full.It has done that every time i take it out.Sunday was nothing different especially being over 90 degrees out,so we would go on a run for a bit and i would shut it down for a bit.At certain times i thought i heard a slight tap but i asked my buddies and they didint hear it.By the end of the day,i fired it up for a last blast through the trails,hit the throttle,had no power and started tapping terribly.I was like its probabaly low on oil ,the last time i checked it was the last ride before that one,i had to add a small amount.I failed to check it at all on sunday[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img],i know im stupid.So anyways,i try to baby it back to the truck being about 1/2 mile away, and half way back from that point my friend say shut it down now!Im like what,the damn things starts puking coolant from the overflow cap,everywhere.I hope i didint do any internal damage,i know its not seized up because it was running,although crappy,im thinking i may have warped something with all the heat from it not getting cooled while i was riding it.OK so now the smartest thing i can think of is to change the oil and filter,top off the coolant and wait for some reply's from you all as to why it would spew coolant like that.Thermostat?Thermocoupler? Something is bad as far as the cooling system and i need help.Y ou guys have been good to me in the past,so please give the best advice you can...also im trying to avoid the repair shop for now because they are gonna charge me $$$ i dont have right now.THANKS GUYS!!!!!

Old 07-21-2006, 10:25 PM
Trailblazer

Have you tried cranking it since you changed your oil! Make sure the radiator is not plugged up with mud. Wash it out real good. Keep checking your coolant and make sure you get all the air out of it. I have seen them ran completly out of oil when the drain plug fell out and then when cooled down and the oil changed they ran fine. What kind of oil are you using.

Old 07-21-2006, 11:51 PM
GOA
Weekend Warrior

1) What type of oil did you change it with?
2) Unless you used Canola oil, Pam, or WD40 to replace your oil, it shouldn't cause overheating.
3) As said by the last poster, is the rad clean? Have you washed it out, so air can get in to disipate the heat?

Finally I'd probably take it to a dealership and have it fixed at this point.

Old 07-22-2006, 12:11 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Knows Old ATV Questions!
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sounds like it overheated from a plugged radiator, anyway, that is my best over the internet guess. If that is what happened, maybe it is time for that big bore kit you have been wanting... Sounds like you have done some engine damage unfortunately.

Old 07-22-2006, 08:49 AM
Range Rover

No power--Engine overheated ,,,drive belt slipping -old belt or ,Water in belt drive torque converter housing ,choke left on,,Engin oil incorrect..water in fuel,,spark plug dirty or worn,,air filter clogged or inlet blocked,,fuel filter clogged...Valve clearance insufficient,,,compression leakage,,,,to much idling or low speed running <--not enough air flow,, or thermostat no good,,,

Old 07-29-2006, 03:28 PM
Range Rover

All I know about cooling is when I was trail riding REAL Slow with a few of the kids my cooling icon on my bf750 kept flashing. Not the light but the icon, So when i pick up speed it went away but was very hot with stock coolant. Keep in mind it was our Hells Kitchen ride in Hungry Valley and was over 100 deg. So when I got back I bougght some Engine Ice wich is around 40 bucks a gallon and with the 750 bf you will need 2 1/2 gals just because of what you might spill refilling the radiator. Make sur you get a long flexable rubber hose because unless you skin that big dude you will need to go in through under the handle bars. Sorry about getting long typed but the moral of the thread is with Engine Ice I have been back to our Hell's Kitchen ride again with no lights or icon flashing.