Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Gates belt

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2002, 05:22 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

anyone hear yet on the gates belt? how soon? price?

whats up with that?

enquiring minds gotta know now!

Old 09-23-2002, 08:10 AM
Pro Rider

NOT a peep, here in the mid-west.

Old 09-23-2002, 09:13 PM
Pro Rider

Story has it that the Gates rep was about to unviel all the info you are asking for, but some body punched him in the neck, knocking his voice box down his throat and chocking him to death. Just like Jay Bush for the baked beans, this guy was the only one who knew the recipe[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 09-23-2002, 10:19 PM
Pro Rider

Dang it, that is the second time I read someone razzed Scootdog about punching people in the neck.

When I search this forum for punch, or neck, I don't seem to find the right topic.

I remember the topic where Scoot was giving Rincon a hard time for being less than bright, but I can't seem to find anything else referring to neck punching.

Old 09-23-2002, 10:30 PM
Pro Rider

As I remember, the patented Scootdog punch in the neck was $35 unless that was just a special of the day. I'll bet some Kaw rep coughed up the bucks just to keep that new belt off the market[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Scootdog please tell us you didn't sell out for 35 bucks!

Old 09-23-2002, 10:59 PM
Pro Rider
Old 09-23-2002, 11:29 PM
Pro Rider

Thanks, Dirty white boy, I guess I missed out before on some of those.

I try to learn from Scoot, but I think as hard as I could ever try, I will never be that good. I have tried to be funny at times, but I never get a laugh.

Ya know, I posted a question about an overheating Honda in the honda forum. The only helpful advice came from Rincon, believe it or not. At first I thought it was a different person using the same PC, because he was being quite helpful. But then he asked me if I was serious about asking the question of if I was just joking around and I knew it was him. Only someoneone who talks trash would be so quick to think someone else was, especially for an honest question.

Old 09-24-2002, 03:28 AM
Pro Rider

no dangerous, i don`t sellout on my bro`s. my motto is bro`s before ho`s.(the HO`s being the aftermarket companies).
my 650 is in need of a belt, as i just installed a black spring. DAMN!
that thing screams!! can`t wait for the new belt!and no 2000 i did not punch the rep in the neck. i think he needs a size 12 boot up the **** though to get it moving!!
damn NYROC! you missed all those posts?!! some were barley induced, some from the few brain cells left up there!! i get all my info from your site. i`m not much of a toolmaker but i get the idea of it from your site
hey dirtywhiteboy, you fuel the fire, i`ll keep it burnin!!!! it may not sound like it, but i`m pretty level headed,got good common sense. i don`t claim to be the sharpest tool in the shed, thats why i come on here.
there`s alot of knowlage. everyone puts some useful tidbits out here.
(minus the few TURDS) that ask the stupidist questions.
BTW NYROC i changed my driven spring to the black spring, and now i`m hearing some little rattles
from the front pulley.(drive pulley?). any ideas?

thanks guys, i don`t think i`m all that funny.
so its good to hear someone is giggling over my "inner child"!!!

seeya!!

Old 09-24-2002, 09:56 AM
Pro Rider

Scoot, your inner child is a lot quicker at the draw than the posting children around here have been. Keep up the good work. Yeah, I stopped reading some of those posts after it became apparent those younguns were just looking for attention. I liked where your said that Rincon's dad should have shot his wad on the ground and let ants eat it. Mow other lawns than aunt Bee's was good too.

For the serious stuff, the shoes on your drive pulley have some play in them. The sound should go away when you wam up (unless it's worn real bad). It will also go away if your belt is on the tight side like many of us suggest. So, if this fits the description of your noise, don't worry, but you know those shoes will need replacing someday. I guess I would replace the shoes when the rattling is very pronounced, or when the drive pulleys are need to be replaced due to grooving.

Nyroc.

Old 09-24-2002, 03:21 PM
Pro Rider

thanks NYROC, i wont be worrying about it then, am getting a new belt here real quick...