Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

LT80 oil on belt???

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2006, 11:03 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
LT80 Expert
Received 32 Likes on 31 Posts
Default LT80 oil on belt???

if you have a inch pound torque wrench, it's 115 inch pounds. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Recon, Q-4-fun is corect. There is a gear box behind the rear clutch that requires oil. But your right, nobody ever changes it. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 05-11-2006, 11:16 AM
"One Wheel Short"
slow day around the orafice I see!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How about a dry belt, and a gearbox that takes oil [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

I guess I'm a one off LT owner. The 06' has had the gearoil changed twice, the 97' has had the oil changed more times than I remember [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 05-11-2006, 12:53 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: maggiesboy
How about a dry belt, and a gearbox that takes oil [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

I guess I'm a one off LT owner. The 06' has had the gearoil changed twice, the 97' has had the oil changed more times than I remember [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]
Your my hero MB [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] I've changed the oil numerous times. But have also had many people ask me if, and where, the gear oil was. LOL..
Ash's LT fell on it's face this weekend. Must be the rear clutch. It wouldn't move.
I had to give her a shove out of the gate to get her going. Ran great once the RPM's got up there.
But had nothing on the bottom. Oh well, well get 'er fixed up....

Hey mat050873,
How is the battle going for you??????? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 05-24-2006, 10:53 AM
Trailblazer

I repaired everything that I mentioned on my reply on 5/8/06 and it works great! The main issues was that the rubber hose that runs from the right side of the motor to the belt drive housing was missing. The exhaust flange was leaking two-stroke oil and it was going right in the belt drive housing. I also found several shims and thrust bearings missing or in the wrong place in the tranny. The gears showed some damage, but I was able to clean them up. I had to rebuild the front drive sheave with new rollers and new dampers also. Thanks for all of the help you guys have given me.