Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

chinese quads are junk!

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2007, 05:45 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default chinese quads are junk!

Rupps,Elsinores and Hodaka's...........now I am really starting to feel old ;-)

Owned em all.

Old 01-12-2007, 08:39 PM
Pro Rider
Is old enough to know better, but too young to stop.

You want to feel old? When I was a kid, my family had the first color tv on the block. We got 2 channels on VHF, and I believe 3 on UHF. Remember that? I actually was on the Howdy Doody time show once too in the audience. Not too many people knew that claribell the clown and Captain Kangaroo were the same guy. Bob Keeshum.
Remember being able to jump on a bike and ride for miles. Didn't have to worry about getting kidnapped, molested or killed back then. Didn't lock your doors, and you didn't get into trouble because every mom in the neighborhood knew your mom and she would know what you did before you got home. Cops didn't care what kids were doing.
I remember not wanting to go to my grandparents because they still had an outhouse. Us kids would go for a week without using the bathroom just to keep from using it. Thank God they finally got running water and put in a watercloset for the last year or two they were on the farm. I remeber my grandma listening in on the gossip on the old crank telephone party line.
Yup it was s different time. Believe it or not, that was less than 45 years ago.... Where were you when Kennedy was shot? I was in the 3rd grade. I remember Viet Nam like it yesterday. And the Chicago riots... My dad was in charge of the National guard in Illinois back then. I lived it. I love it when "history" teachers expound on what happened back then, and get it all wrong from some book.

Old 01-12-2007, 08:44 PM
Pro Rider

Man, you're old[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Bet you have your AARP card, don't ya?![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 01-13-2007, 07:53 PM
Pro Rider
Is old enough to know better, but too young to stop.

Yup, I am a card carrying member.....

Old 01-14-2007, 12:02 AM
Trailblazer

As of 1/1/06 all off road machines had to have E.P.A. and D.O.T. which alot of the manufactures in China could not pay the price to get the approval.One of these manufactures were the one I was buying from.They told me that it cost $15 thousand to $20 thousand to get 1 engine family to get the approval(and it much be true,because I have heard the same figure several times after)But my point is alot of the "CRAP" that was coming into the country stopped because of the regulations.and like MWQ was saying in so many words(about the shoes!) everything is made in China! You can buy Chinese atv's with "Branded Yamaha engines!"And by the way,besides Yamaha having things manufactured in China,so is Briggs and Strattion,they have a plant in China,they are manufacturing things for "Sony,Sharp in the electronics" I think anyone would be hard pressed to find anything that is manufactured in mass,that did not have some of the parts or item manufactured in China.And I have 6 Chinese atv's in my garage,and I am not saying I have not rewelded things and tighted things,but for the money,the kids love them! Thank's! for reading

Old 01-15-2007, 02:02 AM
Pro Rider

Don't be making fun of old people, I'm getting ready to retire[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Be nice! SEADAWG

Old 01-15-2007, 09:10 AM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: Jimi
You can buy Chinese atv's with "Branded Yamaha engines!"
Was just a Pep Boys. Saw their 300cc sport ATV. The motor has "Suzuki" in the block casting. Even says Suzuki on the sales materials.

Hmmmm...

Old 01-15-2007, 09:15 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: SEADAWG
Don't be making fun of old people, I'm getting ready to retire[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Be nice! SEADAWG
DAWG,

EVERYBODY knows you're old[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]. But no worries, I am 30 and the years just keep flying by. But I won't stop riding, till I can no longer get on my quad without breaking a hip.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 01-15-2007, 09:28 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: YankeeTim
Originally posted by: Jimi
You can buy Chinese atv's with "Branded Yamaha engines!"
Was just a Pep Boys. Saw their 300cc sport ATV. The motor has "Suzuki" in the block casting. Even says Suzuki on the sales materials.

Hmmmm...
YankeeTim,

I just went to Pep Boys web site and checked out that 300 sport you were talking about. It's made by Baja Motorsports. They're not too bad looking and they have a "race tuned suspension"[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img].

Here's the links

http://www.pepboys.com/transportatio..._x300-atv.html
http://www.bajamotorsports.net/

Old 01-15-2007, 09:37 AM
Pro Rider

One thing is a plus about the Bajas already. You can read they're manual, it's not Chinenglish babble, and all of the owner's manuals are downloadable from their website. No more losing manuals.

Quick Reply: chinese quads are junk!