Aparantly we got a new president

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2008, 11:36 AM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts
Default Aparantly we got a new president

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: motox26

What ever happened to "Lets not ask what you country can do for you, but what you can do for your country"? </end quote></div>

Democrats.

Old 11-05-2008, 11:37 AM
Pro Rider
Is addicted to 4 wheel'n!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: motox26

I'm not even half way to making 6 figures a year, and I think taxing more on the 250k+ people and giving it to lazy people is ridiculous.</end quote></div>

Me too. Lets give it the working man (like me) in the form of TAX BREAKS!!! People who don't wont to work won't. And shure as crap don't pay taxes. Obama's plan is not giving any extra money to jobless people.

Old 11-05-2008, 11:39 AM
Pro Rider

Is was RHETORICAL. I'm not ignorant. I know exactly what is going on. I don't get my news from email. If you do not make over 250K the plan that was stated during the campaign of obama you will receive tax breaks.

Old 11-05-2008, 11:41 AM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Koopa
Obama's plan is not giving any extra money to jobless people.</end quote></div>

We already do that and Im sure he will give them more.

I think they call it a earned income credit.... but you dont have to work to earn it.

Old 11-05-2008, 11:43 AM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!

If you do not make over 250K the plan that was stated during the campaign of obama you will receive tax breaks.</end quote></div>

He is changing the tax on money taken out of IRA's from 15% to 40%.

I wonder how many people living off their IRA's make over 250K?

Old 11-05-2008, 11:45 AM
Pro Rider

Ok guys, I don't want my image scared around here I like hanging to much. : \

I'm not saying any of this will happen. I'm just saying the plan wasn't as bad as most have heard from the Republican campaign party. I was trying to cheer everyone up. So we have a Democratic president. All is not lost.

Old 11-05-2008, 11:48 AM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!

Ok guys, I don't want my image scared around here I like hanging to much. : \

I'm not saying any of this will happen. I'm just saying the plan wasn't as bad as most have heard from the Republican campaign party. I was trying to cheer everyone up. So we have a Democratic president. All is not lost.</end quote></div>

I like you just the way you are koopa. Just believe as strongly as you do on a different side.

Its a forum, lets start another whos atv is faster thread. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 11-05-2008, 11:49 AM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: mywifesquad
He is changing the tax on money taken out of IRA's from 15% to 40%. </end quote></div>

I haven't heard any long time plans on that but, I know he actually proposed tax free withdraws in 08-09.

Old 11-05-2008, 11:53 AM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!

I haven't heard any long time plans on that but, I know he actually proposed tax free withdraws in 08-09.</end quote></div>

Of course they didnt talk about it lately. They were pushing the warm and fuzzy Obama. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 11-05-2008, 11:54 AM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

I'll give you an example of how we are paying too much in taxes already. And I mean taxpayers. Not people who would receive money back that didn't pay taxes already. Before I hurt my back I was doing carpentry. So, I was self-employed and with my wife's salary in the 28% tax bracket. MY taxes were: 28% federal, 15.2% social security (As my own boss I get to pay 7.6% as employer, 7.6% as employee). So, just on the federal level I pay 43.2% taxes. If I add on federal gas tax, MA state income tax, MA sales tax, MA excise tax, property tax, phone tax, etc. my income is taxed over 50%. Really makes me want to work when the government takes that much.

United States businesses are among the highest taxed in the world. Japan was facing a serious recession in the 90s. They cut their business taxes and their economy has picked back up again. This has happened in every nation where business taxes are cut. It leaves money in the general economy rather than in a bloated government. I have a sister-in-law who escaped the Czech Republic when it was still Czechoslavakia. She said, "The government pretended to pay us and we pretended to work." We ARE heading in that direction moreso now than ever.

An American makes a good living. His income is taxed. He manages to squirrel some away. His interest on savings is taxed. He makes a few good investments. His profits are taxed. He manages to leave money to his children. They get taxed. How many times can you tax the same money????? George Bush was far from perfect, but he did cut taxes. I don't believe we will see it from Obama.

Quick Reply: Aparantly we got a new president