Aparantly we got a new president

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2008 | 03:25 PM
Pro Rider
Is addicted to 4 wheel'n!
Default Aparantly we got a new president

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: scrambler400enoge

Also need I remind you all of what makes the world turn (Besides God) Oil</end quote></div>

I use yamalube.

Old 11-05-2008 | 04:02 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!

Plus do you guys think the Good Lord would let communism happen.</end quote></div>

I sometimes wonder if the Good Lord has any faith left in the USA. We have, as a nation kicked him out of most places.

Old 11-05-2008 | 04:24 PM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"

Also need I remind you all of what makes the world turn (Besides God) Oil</end quote></div>

We have both here in the US, and it seems we aren't using enough of either.

Old 11-05-2008 | 05:06 PM
Trailblazer

For all of those who seek God on a daily basis (and those who do not) and are wondering where all of this is heading, here is a quote from David Jeremiah.

"Yesterday was Election Day in the United States, and perhaps today you're feeling troubled if one of your candidates lost or if some ballot initiative that you supported failed. Sometimes we worry even when our candidates win. The political consultant, Robert Strauss, was a Washington insider who advised presidents from Lyndon Johnson to the first George Bush. He once said: "Everybody in government is like a bunch of ants on a log, floating down a river. Each one thinks he is guiding the log, but it's really just going with the flow."

The truth is - the Lord holds sovereign sway over the currents of history. These are troubling times, but we have a powerful and precious Savior. It's enough for us to leave the future in His hands, being fully persuaded that He has the power to keep what we have committed unto Him against that day.
Let's pray for our leaders, intercede for our nation and world, and trust the Jesus Christ as Lord of the future."

Never be afraid to trust an unknown future to a known God.
--Corrie ten Boom

The only hope we can hold to is the hope given by our Lord. We can all visit the land of worry, dread and fear from time to time.. It helps keep us in touch with the events around us and not floating on some cloud of disconnected idealogy. BUT we need not take residince there..

Old 11-05-2008 | 05:13 PM
Trailblazer

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: B-Dawg
We can all visit the land of worry, dread and fear from time to time.. It helps keep us in touch with the events around us and not floating on some cloud of disconnected idealogy. BUT we need not take residince there..</end quote></div>

Now I am not religious in the least, but I really like that quote. Kudos.

Old 11-05-2008 | 07:22 PM
|
Shapeshifter Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Scootergptx

We have both here in the US, and it seems we aren't using enough of either.</end quote></div>

That's the problem!!We rely on those little countries in the desert when we our selves have some of the biggest reserves in the world.

Old 11-05-2008 | 07:32 PM
TPR
The Champ

Watching the Obama speech last night, I couldn't help but laugh and think that it reminds me of a movie where a ambitious senator gains power and influence over the people, and becomes their leader, and in a dire and desperate time has his other government friends grant him extra power to do what must be done...he moved away from a republic and into an empire, complete with a fully armed private security force equally if not better trained and funded than the existing military. He used fear to get his way and in the end, like you saw last night, a line from that movie came into my head...."So this is how democracy dies....to thunderous applause..." Star Wars: Revenge of The Sith....

You may laugh, but Obama believes the Constitution and Bill of Rights are flawed documents...He wants a civilian security force, equally trained and funded as the military...(**** S.S., Iraq Republican Guard Anybody?) Supporters of Obama on the democratic side have even been taped saying that while American business has been more successful over the last number of years, making record profits and employees making more money, they are ignorant in thinking that they can EARN as much money they want and still keep it all. They call that selfish...land of the free, land of opportunity, make as much money as you want till you make too much and we will tell you when that is.....

It is never said, but the wealthy and successful corporations pay 80% of all taxes...and apparently that's not enough.

I can tell you this much, all the wealthy celebrities and backers of Obama already have their financial planners working on how to show $249,999 for their annual earnings to avoid the tax hit they will get...

Then again, I guess I would like to have some of C.C. Sebathia's income when he signs that big fat contract....Brad Pitt can shake loose a few more dollars each time he makes another movie....Of course the money doesn't actually come to me in a check...nooooo it will be in the form of government programs....Weeeeeeeee

TPR

Old 11-05-2008 | 07:39 PM
TPR
The Champ

We may have a ton of oil....but we also have the Sierra Club.....and their buddies Green Peace.....

And who do they support????? Democrats!!!!

The best is that when proposed underwater turbines to create energy where tidal currents are steady. They would not be seen and completely green....

The environmentalists complained that while the turbine blades don't move exceptionally fast, fish could end up being killed by them....

You tell an environmentalist that you made a car that gets 30mpg using plain water, they will complain that it will deplete our supply....

You tell them we have wind turbines we can place in the middle of nowhere, and they 5 people that live out there to rally that it uglies up their skyline.

It's a never win, vicious cycle with them.

TPR

Old 11-05-2008 | 09:11 PM
|
Shapeshifter Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: TPR

Watching the Obama speech last night, I couldn't help but laugh and think that it reminds me of a movie where a ambitious senator gains power and influence over the people, and becomes their leader, and in a dire and desperate time has his other government friends grant him extra power to do what must be done...he moved away from a republic and into an empire, complete with a fully armed private security force equally if not better trained and funded than the existing military. He used fear to get his way and in the end, like you saw last night, a line from that movie came into my head...."So this is how democracy dies....to thunderous applause..." Star Wars: Revenge of The Sith....

TPR</end quote></div>

Been a while since I've seen that movie I'm a huge star wars fan so I will probably watch it.

Old 11-05-2008 | 09:51 PM
Pro Rider

Those riding in the wagon won...those pulling the wagon lost.

Quick Reply: Aparantly we got a new president