Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Polaris a substitute for Truck?

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2000, 09:20 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How many of you have gotten back into 4 wheeling because you have an ATV. I think thats what got me hooked on Polaris. It has many features that I would want in an ultimate off road truck. Funny, I was following a HummV the other day and noticed that looked like my Sportsman underneath. I used to do a lot of off roading when I was younger. Now I can go mudd'n without worrying about wrecking a $20K+ pickup. And if something does break, I don't have to get it fixed so I can drive it to work the next day. It might not mean much to the younger guys, but these new ATVs are like reliving your youth (and now I have a winch!)

Old 08-16-2000, 10:14 AM
Trailblazer

there are no more brush pinstripes on my truck. plus it's quite a bit more exhilarating to be riding in the open air with the tree branches knocking your helmet.

Old 08-16-2000, 10:27 AM
Pro Rider

Yep, I started off roading in my truck. It is a very solid vehicle. But the paint was no great, so it was the purfect off road toy. But, those things are a real pain to unstuck. Me and a friend got stuck one night, and just gave up a 2A.M. and went back the next day to get them out.
Now, with ATVs, it is MUCH easier to remove them from bad situations, which is why I like them more then the trucks.

Old 08-16-2000, 12:01 PM
Pro Rider

very true it is better to beat on a 6500 dollar atv that can wait to be fixed than my 30,000 dollar Pathfinder. It is more fun to me to go on my SP than my Pathfinder and it is allot easier to clean afteward.

Old 08-16-2000, 01:39 PM
Pro Rider

Yeah and the wife won,t bobatieze you for wrecking the daily driver also.

Old 08-16-2000, 02:26 PM
Pro Rider

The aftermarket upgrades (Wheels, Tires, Winches, & etc.) are less expensive also. I can afford to outfit my ATV like I always wanted to outfit my Jeeps & Trucks.

Old 08-16-2000, 02:30 PM
Range Rover

Hey guys!
I totally agree, This is what got me interested in ATV's. I can't afford a big truck, So I started to look into atv's, Now I just can't decided if I want to go MUDDING, or fast! The SP500HO is sure looking nice though! How fast do you think it will go?

-Jared

Old 08-16-2000, 04:18 PM
Trailblazer

yep, it is a substitute for a truck.
i bought a new truck this year for work and a new sp500 to ride around town. here, you only need a rearview mirror and atleast 200cc. you don't even need a motorcycle license or helmet. i have license plates and i use it for my primary non-work vehicle. i have been caught at the grocery store more than once in the rain. people look at you like your crazy, but hey, maybe they're right.
then of course, there are always great shortcuts home when you don't have to abide by city traffic laws as soon as you leave the street. i love it, the cops? they put up with it. on on!

Old 08-16-2000, 09:59 PM
Pro Rider

I bought my Honda because I fugured that I could do more than $125.00 worth of damage to my truck, in worn out boots and time lost walking back to the camphouse in a month...
It wasn't brain surgery to figure out that I needed a four wheeler to protect the investment in my truck, and that's how I explained it to the wife...

Old 08-16-2000, 11:17 PM
Pro Rider

Not me. I got the ATV just cause it looked like fun. And I would never even think about thrashing my truck like that. It gets dirty enough just taking the ATV out.

I got the 4x4 truck just so I could get around on the 5 days a year that we get a good snow here. Beside that, it just looks really cool.

Dave

Quick Reply: Polaris a substitute for Truck?