Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

HEELCLICKER CLUTCH Install.....

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2005, 04:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HEELCLICKER CLUTCH Install.....

........oh also, can I do the springs without any special tools like a clutch puller? I'm reasonably mechanically inclined (just installed a winch for example). So I can do a lot myself......but have never worked on the clutch/PVT before.

Thanks again, Bob

Old 02-20-2005, 09:21 PM
Pro Rider

It is simple to install , the only special tool needed is a good snapring pliers . The Dalton Plain/ white primary spring has a slightly lower finish rate than the factory spring and a slightly higher engagement rate . What this means is a small increase in stall off the bottom and slightly lower RPM's on the top . The factory is reving this machine a little higher than they should be for peak perfomance .

Rick

Old 02-20-2005, 09:43 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would leave the exhaust stock and the money I saved I would take a pretty girl out to a nice dinner and a bottle of Makers Mark whiskey .
NOTE TO SELF: Very cool idea coming from a guy's point of view!!
NOTE TO SELF EVEN MORE IMPORTANT: Dont let Ricks boys date my daughters!!!

J/k Rick......I like it though [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 02-20-2005, 10:34 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: OrphanMaker
Went to the Dealership yesterday to talk some shop talk .....those guys say the not to touch the clutch...it will no give me any results....just problems.....they said just do exhaust change and run it .....
jp
What a bunch of Meatheads! The Heelclicker is a piece of cake to install. If you can pay attention, follow simple instruction, and turn a wrench, you're qualified. As for the "no results" they are full of chit. Same response regarding "just problems".

Once the clutch install is complete, you have complete control over how you want your machine to perform by simply changing springs. The most time consuming part of that is taking out the screws that hold the cover on! As for "just change the exhaust", talk about opening a can of worms! The Heelclicker, IMO, is the best $158 bucks you could spend on your machine.

Old 02-20-2005, 11:07 PM
Pro Rider

Okie Dude ---- :-) Hide the daughters , the apple may not fall for from the tree .

Tree doc ---- > Yup , Heel clicker install is straight up like you say , just follow the instructions .

Old 02-21-2005, 01:51 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: OrphanMaker
How hard is it to install a Heelclicker Clutch ?
I have never worked on the Clutch of a Polaris..
I do have mechanical ability...just dont know about this ....
And ...In your own words what does it do for Performance.?
Thanks JP
I have an '02 700, on older models you need to update to the newer PVT cover, the cover you have will work just fine.
You may need to file some, the filing is so that the weights will shift clear out, there is a casting seam on many of the clutches that keeps them from doing that. We are talking thousands of an inch, no heavy duty filing.
Also the 700 requires a shim behind the spider, and you replace a plastic nut with a metal one both things are
supplied with kit.