Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Choosing a Primary Clutch Spring

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2006, 01:18 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Choosing a Primary Clutch Spring

Originally posted by: Mysport400
I totaly agree on the skirt breakage it will happen, It did on mine . Its a mess i was lucky didnt do any damage to the bottom half but very well could have. It seems like a hassle but rebuilding the top end back to new isnt as hard as it seems only took me about 4 hrs once the parts were in. Something to think about.
ditto on the new piston.

Old 04-20-2006, 02:54 PM
Trailblazer

i agree with then all... 5 bikes is a ton... if you wanna catch him you need a full kit... Rick Ritter sells a sweet set up, it includes a new pipe, silencer, airbox mod + filter, carb kit and primary spring. Also he will talk you through anything you need help with or have a question about. He does have a setup so you can use your stock silencer so it won't get any louder. I just put this kit on my 98 400 sport and it makes a huge difference. And for what you get it doesn't really cost that much. If you are serious about waking your 400 up then give him a call...

Old 04-22-2006, 11:48 AM
Range Rover

Aright when saying the skirt will blow up are you guzs talking stock or modifyed because thats another thing is when you mod, things things will wear out and break faster and thats not what I want to do. Also when I said clutch spring I was going to Put a helex, weights seckondary and primary spring because I know some one who Works at an ATV shop and he knowes how to tune the cluches with a tack and all that and he said clutching is everything with these ATV's. The kit Is a little bit over my head tho, I am not looking to put that much in it. Like I said im looking for cheap upgrades. Thanks for all the feed back though I will look at the piston thing. Also I know its a common problem, anaybuddy know why my nutral light will stay on when I put it into drive?

Old 06-08-2021, 10:04 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by silent101
Aright when saying the skirt will blow up are you guzs talking stock or modifyed because thats another thing is when you mod, things things will wear out and break faster and thats not what I want to do. Also when I said clutch spring I was going to Put a helex, weights seckondary and primary spring because I know some one who Works at an ATV shop and he knowes how to tune the cluches with a tack and all that and he said clutching is everything with these ATV's. The kit Is a little bit over my head tho, I am not looking to put that much in it. Like I said im looking for cheap upgrades. Thanks for all the feed back though I will look at the piston thing. Also I know its a common problem, anaybuddy know why my nutral light will stay on when I put it into drive?

Somebody rewired your neutral safety light. I delete the reverse override and delete the neutral safety all the time. I also jump the grey white wire for the 4x4 and disconnect the throttle return safety as well. All points of failure in my opinion.