Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Outlaw 525 Owners! Lets hear your 2 cents?

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2010, 10:42 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well i started this thread and didn't follow it up.. for starters for sport trail machines other than 400 class the outlaw, 700xx, and raptor are all really great machines.. i got to test them all in my quest to buy a quad. all were a blast and all SUPER smooth on bumps i couldn't belive it.. I singled out the raptor first because of the resale.. New or used they were always at least 1500 dollars more cuz there so popular. An 08 outlaw or xx can be had for 4500 out the door fairly easy.. I picked the outlaw cuz it was sportier, you could really feel it was lighter. In the 20 minutes i had on each i didn't notice much body roll compared to the raptor but when you are at a stop and crank the wheels in a turn i did notice the push.. they want to go straight for about 5 feet till the front wheels catch but thats pretty minimal.. the outlaw i tested was all stock but jetted with a jd jet kit.. it seemed just as smooth as the xx.. I picked up the outlaw and broke it in but didn't run anything like the one from the dealership untill i jetted it.. IMO if you want Snappy and sporty get the outlaw.. if you want smooth with high top speed and grunt with amazing quality get the XX..

Old 02-06-2010, 11:35 AM
Range Rover

OK thats 2 for the xx. I did forget to mention that I do intend on making a trip to Silver Lake this year so it will see some dune action. Guess I want a capable do all machine. Do they even make one of those? LOL. Come on everybody sound off and help me make my choice.

Old 02-27-2010, 09:45 PM
Trailblazer

I own a 2008 Outlaw 525s (straight axle, center exhaust mount.) Its bone stock and I love it. Its my first performance quad. I bought it summer of '09 and before that, I've only had a 2001 Honda Rancher ES. I have nothing negative to say other than mine backfires if you get way up there in rpm's and your coming down fast but other than that, its great. I raced a raptor 660 that was jetted and had a full exhaust while mine was stock and I beat him in a drag. Its fast as hell, great for puting around, and is pretty comfortable. I love mine and don't regret buying it over anything else.

Old 02-28-2010, 07:12 PM
Weekend Warrior

I was looking at the Raptor, KFX450 and the Outlaw. I just couldn't pass up the price of the of the new 08 Outlaws. Plus they come with the Fox shocks a hand built KTM motor and trans. Plus I don't have to mod it to keep up with other quads. So when I pipe and jet it they will have to try and out ride me. I would like to note that I haven't ridden my outlaw on the trails or the dunes yet. I have messed around a little and can tell its going to be great on the trails. 2nd is awesome down low and revs out strong. I can lift the front up from any gear. Which lets me run faster through the whoops. If its too much for trails its easy to adjust the shocks and springs on the trail for the style of ridding I'm doing that day.Any sport quad will be a good quad for you if you don't know the difference. Once you do know, you can tailor it to your riding style.

The rider is always the biggest factor.

Old 03-01-2010, 01:35 AM
Trailblazer

I agree with everything you said. It's an awesome atv and I did almost a year's worth of research before I bought mine. With almost every comparison I did, the outlaw 525 came out the winner. I went with the straight axle over the irs because I wanted more of a speed freak over a trail rider (which I can still easily do with mine) plus I read a review that said the irs tends to get tipsy when you try to powerslide it, but I've never ridden one with irs so I can't say if thats true or not. Like stated above, you can adjust it to any style of riding you want. Like I said before, I don't regret buying it at all.

Old 03-01-2010, 06:55 PM
Weekend Warrior

I've had mine for about a month now its a 07 closeout with IRS. It is quite simply put, the fastest thing I and most of my friends have ever ridden. I love the IRS it takes the trails, sand and mud without issue. Body lean while doing donuts is the only issue I have with it, sliding the a** end is not an problem due to the power. I have ordered the Dial a jet for the lean running condition. I love the way it will pull the front wheels off the ground in any gear. It's a torque monster, putting around isn't a problem you just wont be able to make yourself ride that slow. Buy you wont be disapointed

Old 03-01-2010, 07:14 PM
Pro Rider

the 525 it a pretty damn sweet machine. And think about it... You buy this machine for $4k and ride it for a year or so, get it borke in and if you don't like it sell it for $3300-$3500. Even though I bet you would love it and probbly wouldnt sell it. it is just my 2cents

Old 03-04-2010, 08:49 AM
Weekend Warrior

As an added note. I rode yesterday at little saharah state park here in OK. The Outlaw performed flawlessly. It ate up the dunes like nothing I have rode before. I met some guys there one on a raptor 660 and a hopped up banshee. I drug their a** like their was an anchor tied to them. The IRS is even better than I thought it would be in the deep sand. I rode for 5-6 hours which is a lot for me and felt great due to the IRS. Don't dismiss this quad try one for yourself. At 46 I need all the extra comfort I can get