Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

demand drive fluid ?2 kinds?

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2010, 06:20 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default demand drive fluid ?2 kinds?

Since i changed the front differential fluid in my 2007,its acted weird in 4 wheel drive.grinding noises,rubbing noises.It acts like its not engaging ,or disengaging correctly.Iused the correct amount according to the book,but now im not sure if its the correct stuff,the dealer sold me.They sold mepremium demand drive fluid.My book called for DEMAND DRIVE LT PREMIUM FLUID.cant see LT anywhere on this bottle.Filled it up to bottom of fill plug as book stated.150 hours on atv worked fine before.What did i do wrong.THANKS .It has adc

Old 06-15-2010, 07:15 PM
Of all the things I've lost in life, I think I miss my mind the most!

My dealer tells me that the LT really doesn't matter as long as it's the premium demand drive fluid, it would be fine. I get the premium demand drive plus and the bottle states that can use in place of premium LT demand drive. And the service dept tells me the same thing. As far as the 4x4 acting weird. Sounds like one of those pesky roller cage issues. But I'm only guessing.

Old 06-16-2010, 06:55 AM
Range Rover

your cage is bad

Old 06-16-2010, 07:55 AM
Range Rover
BUY AMERICAN!
Smile

A friend brought hi 2007 500 EFI Deluxe to me to be serviced and he had the same problem..Grinding in front diff..Just so happened the previous service they had put the wrong fluid in the differental..We flushed the system with Demand Drive Plus part # 2877922 and now everthing works great..This new fluid replaces LT fluid,ADC fluid and Demand Drive Fluid..Also just came out with new AGL PLUS for all polaris trans except the Xpeditions which are standard shift..This should take all the guess work out of servicing the atv's....

Old 06-16-2010, 04:58 PM
Trailblazer

Originally Posted by DELUX500EFI
A friend brought hi 2007 500 EFI Deluxe to me to be serviced and he had the same problem..Grinding in front diff..Just so happened the previous service they had put the wrong fluid in the differental..We flushed the system with Demand Drive Plus part # 2877922 and now everthing works great..This new fluid replaces LT fluid,ADC fluid and Demand Drive Fluid..Also just came out with new AGL PLUS for all polaris trans except the Xpeditions which are standard shift..This should take all the guess work out of servicing the atv's....
The darn thing worked fine when i put it in the garage to service it,so its got to be the fluid.Ihad a debut with the dealer who said its all the same.Ishowed him my book that said it had to be Lt .Itold him i searched this forum and found out Lt at been replaced with plus.After he said he didnt carry it,or lt the parts guy said ,well actually i just got some in.So i bought it,and im gonna change it.It says right on the bottle special design for adc clutch chatter,designed specefically for rapid reaction of the adc hydraulic system,ensures positive release and engagement.The regular demand drive bottle says nothing about this.
We compared the two fluids in samples and the regular seemed more watery,and the plus was a bit more sticky.They are obviously not the same.Yes the new bottle has your same part number.
Cross your fingers im changing it,ill let you know.
ALAN

Old 06-16-2010, 05:16 PM
Of all the things I've lost in life, I think I miss my mind the most!

Yes, please let us know. I've always used the LT or the plus since that all my dealer carries anymore. Only the plus now. I was under the impression that they were all basically the same as the old with a new name. My dealer/service dept also told me that the plus can be used in the older bikes like my 02 magnum with no issues. Has anyone seen any issues on their older bikes using the newer fluid? My wife's magnum is on it's second change since the old stuff with no issues to speak of thus far.

Old 06-16-2010, 06:59 PM
Trailblazer

IAM very happy to report the plus oil cured the machine.It works exactly like it did before...no noise no grinding worked perfect.STOPS ME ON THE STEEPEST OF HILLS TOO.The dealers who say its all the same is wrong.It cant be ive proven it .It makes me wonder if someone would sell you the old just to try to get you to bring it in for them to service.Prbably not ,im just paranoid.
Keep this thread in mind for any one with adc.
Hey readymixer 169 ,Ihave an 02 magnum 325 too,my daughter rides[grey325]Im gonna stock up on the regular stuff,although the hubs dont hold much
ALAN

Old 06-16-2010, 08:49 PM
Range Rover
BUY AMERICAN!

Just use the new PLUS in all the front drive and you should not have any problrms..

Old 09-02-2010, 08:26 PM
Pro Rider

Thanks for all the information in this thread. It really helps in trying to figure out all the different part #'s to use. When I called the dealer and she told me all my part #'s had been superceeded with this (2877922), I didn't trust her. The brown truck just delivered my kit from BreeseLawnGarden to do my 2-yr service. I can use most of the stuff in there. I was just so apprehensive to use oil w/ a part # (ADC and Demand Drive LT fluid) not in my book. Now I don't have to eat the shipping to return it and won't be having to take it to the dealer 40 miles away. Gotta love this forum!

Old 09-02-2010, 08:57 PM
TLC
Extreme Pro Rider
God forbid he lets the polishing secret out!

This is what I use on the older locking hub set up, but the bottle also says for the newer centralized Hillary set up.

Name:  DSCF0532.jpg
Views: 544
Size:  60.9 KB