Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

2011's are unvailed... Be honest, what do you think???

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2010, 08:00 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Specta
I would take a Suzuki 400 King Quad over a 400 HO any day of the week.
Why?? Air cooled are not as good, especially in the trails, or being worked? Or are they??

http://www.powersportsnetwork.com/en...=198700&go2=Go

Old 07-30-2010, 09:03 PM
Djk
Range Rover

Originally Posted by IQSLEDNECK
There was quite a few things that got updated on the 400 500 and 800 right???
ya they did all those things, but i was just mentioning things that some people might not of known

Old 07-30-2010, 09:52 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by Specta
I would take a Suzuki 400 King Quad over a 400 HO any day of the week.
Really!!!
King Quad - Solid Axle
Sportsman - IRS
King Quad - 376cc, 4-stroke, Air-cooled with
Sportsman - 455cc H.O., Liquid cooled
King Quad - MSRP $6099
Sportsman - MSRP $5599
You can buy what you want man but I don't understand why you would spend $500 more on a machine that has less power, less ground clearence, cost more, and has a rougher ride... Buy what you want and say what you will, this is the reason I don't watch ATVtv, because all they do is rag on polaris cuz "there so heavy" or "there so big" BOTTOM LINE they are the smoothest ridding most user friendly ATV out there.

Old 07-31-2010, 09:38 AM
Pro Rider
Loves riding and can't get enough.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Quality and dependabilty would be my number one priority, but that's just me.

If you got to ride every ATV out there then you might understand the difference between them all a little better.

Ride quality isn't everything and you need more power to push more weight.

Read everyones posts here, the 400 HO has been cheapened up and had things like EBS made optionalal so they can have a cheap (value) ATV and that's why it cost less to buy.

When it comes to quality and dependabilty I guess I'm just spoiled.

When you get your's I hope its the best ATV you ever own and I hope it never gives you a second of trouble.

Old 07-31-2010, 10:02 AM
TLC
Extreme Pro Rider
God forbid he lets the polishing secret out!

Now that the 400 H.O is back to full sizes, its really a Sportsman 455H.O now. It really out classes the smaller (I dont just mean motor size) 376 Eiger/KQ, is more compared to the full size 450 KQ or even 500 now. Both have IRS,larger liquid cooled motors,full size chassis,true AWD,all disk brakes all of which the 400 KQ does not.

The 400H.O is so close to being the 500H.O is almost pointless to build both.

http://www.powersportsnetwork.com/en...=199409&go2=Go

Old 07-31-2010, 10:53 AM
Pro Rider

Specta has his own very specific ideas of what a great ATV is... No Polaris will ever fit that bill. Period. End of story. Don't even bother arguing, because he likes what he likes.

We all have our own ideas of what a great quad should be. And it's easy to MF Polaris to death because of spotty quality control, and they apparently weigh 25,000 pounds each with mile high centers of gravity (I love a heavy quad... call me strange, and I've climbed some wicked hills with both my Popo's and never rolled one.)

Polaris has given itself a bad reputation on quality, and some of the MFing is pretty well justified. But I've had really good luck with mine, and with a couple thousand miles of riding on the two I've owned, my very specific idea of a great quad is currently a Polaris.

I think the updated 'value line' is just that, A capable quad without all the bells and whistles. You can upgrade to EBS, and the AWD system still cant be beat. You want the premium ride, buy an XP. The relocated radiator and tranny upgrades are a good thing, as is moving the engine back in the 800. They are a bit ugly though.

Old 07-31-2010, 11:13 AM
TLC
Extreme Pro Rider

I like the new rad location, just from the pic you can tell its much higher, what did they do to the tranny? I never had a tranny problem on either of our SP500s.

Old 07-31-2010, 11:27 AM
Pro Rider
Runs Stealth!

Well I am glad they did updates on the regular Sportsmans! We all would of griped out loud if it was just 2010 Sportsmans carried over with a 2011 non-update sticker on it. I do agree whats up with the look? As for the RAD up and winch location down, TWO THUMBS UP! Engine back, trans? I would like to see some pics other than the not so great animated pic from Polaris web site. I guess we just need some out there to buy one and post a few up, lol..lol.

But...with the new L&R systems to match the XP, I can see that. Seems consistant with Polaris to change its rack system every few years (Gen, ATP) etc.

As for the NOT COOL FACTOR (NCF), you pay alot more for a 800 than a 500 and why is the front storage box not standard? An option now? Is that also true for its EBS (800 question)?

As for a few remarks from earlier posts in the thread with the copy&paste HP number listings, I think sometimes we miss the ball. Clutching is a HUGE part of it not so much that you gain a few HP! We should focus on that a little, IMHO Vs. the higher HP for price game.

Surprises are the 400 line up. I had two of the 2006 SP450's. I must say they were great machines and as for as the comment about NOT AGGRESSIVE TRAIL MACHINE, I couldn't disagree more (Stendori and Caper et al), I thought it was more nibble and zippy for cornering and shoot offs, throttle ease etc. than my big SP800, but that is just my opinion. Can't comment on its Hawkeye/400 re-design, I prefer the larger chassis.

BIG QUESTION (I think I know the answer), is there NOW an option for the regular Sportsman models to get EPS power steering?

As for me, I think I will still hold out, not sure where this year is going to take me. I will be doing my long awaited ATV maintenance soon, bring her out and go for some rides, heee haaw!

Regards,

R'

Old 07-31-2010, 11:31 AM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by IQSLEDNECK
Really!!!
King Quad - Solid Axle
Sportsman - IRS
King Quad - 376cc, 4-stroke, Air-cooled with
Sportsman - 455cc H.O., Liquid cooled
King Quad - MSRP $6099
Sportsman - MSRP $5599
You can buy what you want man but I don't understand why you would spend $500 more on a machine that has less power, less ground clearence, cost more, and has a rougher ride... Buy what you want and say what you will, this is the reason I don't watch ATVtv, because all they do is rag on polaris cuz "there so heavy" or "there so big" BOTTOM LINE they are the smoothest ridding most user friendly ATV out there.

I agree!! I do not own anything with drum brakes on it, and do not ever plan to own any thing with drums on it again...Period, and that includes ATV's. I also want liquid cooled, IRS, PVT,the option of EBS, so this is why the 400HO is the one I want, and the one I will be buying.

I love the updates they did, and am glad they saw the light, and put it back in the full size chassis.

2010 Suzuki KingQuadŽ 400AS ATVs

Old 07-31-2010, 11:40 AM
TLC
Extreme Pro Rider

I have look they don,t seem to mention anything about a tranny update or motor moved back on the sportsman, maybe the xp then?

Quick Reply: 2011's are unvailed... Be honest, what do you think???