Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Polaris Phoenix, Stalling Issue?

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2021 | 11:59 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Clean Fuel

Originally Posted by asog
I put some Seafoam in before trying to run it again. Stared right up, then stalled after 5 minutes. I drained some fuel from the bowl, but then it stopped. I found an air bubble blocking the line just before the filter. I bled it, ran it, and it did The same thing again. I pulled the line and drained it into a bucket, and the flow from the petcock was erratic - good, then almost no flow (gas cap was removed during the test). Removed the petcock and had good flow from the lines? Took the petcock apart, and it was clean? I will order a new one today, but it doesn’t make sense...
You cant keep the fuel clean enough in these machines. I have had issues with my sons several times over the years and it always comes down to dirty fuel. If you take the petcock apart, you can see how small the fuel passages are and how easily they can get clogged up. I am currently looking for an upgrade that has larger internal passages for the fuel. I resorted to using VP T4EF gas in it - it only gets ridden 10-15 times a year, and while the gas is expensive, it has prevented any ethanol related issues, varnish, etc. from ruining the day.

Old 03-18-2023 | 02:49 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Same ATV

Originally Posted by BChad956
2006 Polaris Phoenix. I know it's a piece of crap but I got it for my gf since my options are limited as far as smaller fully automatic atv's go.

anyway, last weekend we were riding and it shut off. fooled with it on the trail but nothing. drug it out of the woods with my Honda and of course it starts. runs for a few minutes...shuts off and is done for the night.

since then, i have replaced the spark plug and rebuilt the carb.

after doing the above it fired up on Monday and runs better than it ever has since i got it.
very pleased until today, first time it's been started since. took it on the first real test ride since working on it and after it gets warmed up good and i let off the throttle it dies. won't start... 10 minutes later starts again. ride it.... stalls and won't start.

coincidentally the fuel filter i ordered for it showed up in the mail... put it on and put some more (additional) gas in it, starts and runs great.

take it for a ride, stalls once and begrudgingly restarts and has been running since... knock on wood.

anyway, this is a long winded post. just wanted to know if anyone had similar issues or suggestions for me to check because I'm afraid to take this thing out of the yard for fear of being stranded with it.

Thanks!
I bought mine as a Christmas present for my wife. I think its a 06. It does the same thing, starts fine runs for a few minutes then quits. Then it won't start till the next day. It Feels like its running out of gas. I haven't checked anything yet. But I'm going to start at the filter.

Old 03-18-2023 | 03:56 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Try this

Originally Posted by HavocSun
I bought mine as a Christmas present for my wife. I think its a 06. It does the same thing, starts fine runs for a few minutes then quits. Then it won't start till the next day. It Feels like its running out of gas. I haven't checked anything yet. But I'm going to start at the filter.
Take the front headlight off and check to see if https://a.co/d/ij1GCSk this looks broken in any way. That's what fixed mine.