Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

installed aaen 38mm and clutch kit in 700sp

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2002, 11:21 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

installed aaen clutch kit today with their 38mm tx carb. they advertise this as being a tmx carb but it is a tx. works great so far and was set up pretty good other than the spring that comes in it would not let it open up all the way. only open 3/4. jets were 300 mains and 10 pilots, (needle no too long to remember)set in top slot(lean). cables fit good. the bell reducer is a stupid setup and a new boot for the air box should come with the kit.
the clutch kit consists of aaen green spring and p58 polaris weights. this kit is so far ahead of the stock setup its not funny. the only other thing that we have done to the bike is k+n and gutted the muff. with all these mods this thing will rip the front end off the ground with little effort. befor it could be done in low range only. the bike has a lot of snap off the bottom now.
friend riding tonight and i will let you know just how fast it is. it also has had the jamb collar cut down for overdrive. belt will come out of the primary just to the cord. can be done more but this will cause belt failure. my friends brother owns a grizz 660 so i will have the comparison. grizz has a few mods too. drilled muff, overdrive machined out of primary with kodiac weight(i think)
will let ya know.

Old 05-11-2002, 08:54 AM
Elite Pro Rider

A local mod shop told me they gained 3 lengths in a drag race by just changing to a 40mm....or was it a 42. Sounds fun.

Old 05-11-2002, 10:14 PM
Range Rover

so far it is kiking his brothers *** on topend and on bottom. the thing is a killer now. cant waite to port. said the speedo shows 60 but speedo needle goes to a guestamate of 72. befor the mods went to an estimated 68 and would just barely beat the grizz.
thats all for now. ride again tomorrow morn for my self.

Old 05-12-2002, 02:41 AM
Weekend Warrior

thanks for the update I was wondering about the carb mod if you look the sp 700 has the smallest mm size of all the bis motor quads and as we all know you can rejet any size carb for more fuel that does no good unless you can give it more air flow as well. Me and my friends were all looking at this and said I bet they have this thing choked up for one reason or another probably emmisions or something? I heard you can cut the snorkel at the base and adapt a larger hose in its place and you would see at least a quad lenght diff in drag race.So your clutch has a different spring that will change your engagment rpm mine is supposed touse the stock spring will let ypu know the diff as we will have mine with the clutch upgrade and two of the still stock. love to hear that the sp700 is kicking ***. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 05-12-2002, 03:44 PM
Weekend Warrior

i wonder what a turbo would do for this bike? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 05-12-2002, 06:53 PM
Range Rover

4X
What all did you leave in the muffler? What is the diff. between the TM and the TMX?

Old 05-14-2002, 12:08 AM
Range Rover

left nothing in muff but the screen and packing, all baffle chambers are gone, top of outlet pipe is now exposed,also have one with larger outlet pipe from my sp 500 but have not tried it yet on the 700, they have the exhact same muff. gutted muff on my sp sounds like a harley.
tm carb has thinner slide,uses no air jets,has non removable needle jet tubes, no boss for power jet . just a little cheaper version of a great carb. myself i like keihin better, way easier to mess with the needles. but what ever you got for free is allways better.
put a tach on the bike tonight. engages at 24-2500. will see tomorrow what the running rpms are. suppose to be 6200.