Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

polaris HATERS!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2002, 10:11 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

<< thousands of parts trying to beat themselves apart... >>

Very apt. That's how they described to us as well in flight school. Ground resonance????? Can't remember what that was, alzhimer's(no offence meant anyone) must be setting in. I remember ground rush as we used to call it. Resonance? Resonance? God now I'm gonna have to get the books out.

Old 07-22-2002, 10:20 PM
Range Rover

Oh yea, got it. Had a momentary brain fart there. You mean you instructor actually induced ground resonance, very scary I hope you weren't on or near the ground. (&quot;Destructive vibrations develop in a matter of seconds&quot; W.J. Wagtendonk&quot;.)[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

I don't want to sound to ignorant but what's A&amp;P school?

Old 07-22-2002, 10:35 PM
Pro Rider

You say that I am a little punk talking crap?
Yet you guys/Girls are still going on.
And I know my sleds. And I have bought a few Polaris sleds, wow they all broke that's why I sold them!
My mxzx never fails me, Oh ya that's because it is made by a company that knows how to read!

And I dont care what some magazine said they are probably getting paid to say that Polaris is good.
Wait what is the only company that never wins sno-x races and has yet to come out with a new innovation for like 20 years? Yes, that would be POLARIS.
Ha there 120's cant even win! HAHA[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
What is this about the chassie being out of date it is 4 years old and they have a new one (REV)!
And the weight? It weighs less then a POLARIS. And Poor wind protection, Are you scared of wind? oh no the wind touched me i am going to go cry [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]

I am not saying that they cant change but until they do... The only thing Polaris's will be good for is an Anchor because of there weight!

Old 07-22-2002, 10:39 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Actually we were on the ground. He did it purposely to scare the respect into us. He did 2 or 3 tours in Nam....I think that kinda explains things. The lesson was to be able to listen and respond even while getting the snot shaken out of you. He even brought a buddy in to give us a &quot;dive and fire&quot; exhibit of the Cobra...then they hovered in front of us, scanning us with the gun turret. Everyone froze, not like they'd shoot, just looked really nasty!!!

Now I work on the commercial stuff, DC-9, 727, A319-320, 757, and 747. I like being a fixed weenie tech.

Bubba, I get the titanium through Mettec, a friend who is a cnc machinist, and some other sources.

Ken

Old 07-22-2002, 10:51 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Hey Jr's back. How ya doin? Did you have to scream into a pillow, or did you just kick the floor. Those tantrums can be helped with Ridlin. They say it does wonders. Hmmm, now since he can't get anywhere with quads, now he is overly focused on sleds. O.k. let's here it, let it all out....you know it's unhealthy to hold things inside.

Ken

Old 07-22-2002, 11:09 PM
Pro Rider

Im not done with quads.
I was replying to MR.POCKETS.
Ya Ridlin sounds good, Maybe it will keep me so relaxed that a Polaris could pass me? No, that wouldn't happen, How's the Spam wordSpam word Spam wordSpam word Spam wordSpam word Spam wordSpam word Spam wordSpam word Spam wordSpam word ? The wheeler like? ha

Old 07-22-2002, 11:22 PM
Range Rover

We have or had a lot of Vietnam vets flying the bigger machines on the coast(Sikorsky's,etc.) I worked in a camp where they had a Kamov dual rotor, one on top of the other, no tail rotor number. Pilot descibed it as a tractor with a rotor, but it sure could lift. Never got to fly the big boys myself though, stuck to the smaller ones.
It really is amazing how in tune you become with a machine you fly regularly, any slight variation in pitch or even then smallest vibration you notice right away.
I worked in Montreal in the early eighties at a place called CAE Electronics as a welder fabricating flight simulators, does that qualify me as a air mech.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
I see our little friend is back, how's the project quad coming along, still going to stick a DS motor in a Raptor.

Old 07-22-2002, 11:24 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

He is done with the quads,
because he feels pretty intelligent about using the
grease on the belt. So he is on the sleds.
Like I said before before you run your mouth
toooo much you need to get it out of your front yard
and or out of the plastic package and run it....

Talk is cheap......

Most everyone else just takes them out and proves
their performance, and just doesn't stand around
and talk about it.....

unless they really don't have anything worth running....

Dana[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
(Mrs Bubba)

Old 07-22-2002, 11:27 PM
Range Rover

And I thought he felt intelligent because he managed to use the word Mr.

Old 07-22-2002, 11:34 PM
Pro Rider

Yes i do feel stupid, but it is because i bought that sportsman 500, The sad thing is that i dont do any heavy pulling with it, the belts just seem to burn up, i dont know why (other then its a Polaris)

And who am I supposed to prove my self to? Am I supposed to go out and find all the Polaris's that I sold and take PICS of what went wrong? Would that really prove my point that none of my Polaris's run? I take your guys/gals word that you have good luck with Polaris. But you people are to selfish to admit that there are better machines in life! That is not to all of you some of you have said that they really dont care what the quad is!

Quick Reply: polaris HATERS!!