Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Clutch Primer.. Need clutch guru's to comment

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2002, 09:54 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clutch Primer.. Need clutch guru's to comment

Bubba, you sure know your stuff. I hadn't known the RPM range for the trail pipe, and when I finally found specs, you were on the mark. The springs I recommended clear back on my first post were for a mostly stock powerband.

dfischer:
If you are planning on changing the weights, might I suggest the Heel Clickers???
They come with a preset curve to them, and movable weights. You can add/remove weights from the centers or the tips of them. They are not any 'better' than properly tuned weights, but their advantage is their tunability. Depending on where you add/remove weight, you can alter the engagement point, upshift, or both. They are almost brand new, and only recently have been available for ATVs, but have been very hot in snowmobiles for a while. No idea if they have a set for the 2 cycle engines or not, though, but you might want to check it out.

Old 11-13-2002, 01:47 PM
Pro Rider

http://www.exhaustgas.com

Old 11-13-2002, 03:25 PM
Pro Rider

Dan,
You sound like a very confused person. I realize you have researched clutching for a couple of days and have figured out the basic functions. HPD, Aaen, and Rick Ritter are experts, they have all researched, tested, and designed clutching for years. HPD designed your pipe, and Rick sells them, they are going to best understand the optimal operating range for you clutching. You need to relax and trust the advise of the experts, then you won't have to worry about the "nighmares", they have already had them for you.

If it was me, I would just call Rick Ritter, and trust the advise he gave me. He will not steer you wrong.