Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

King quad, worst handling quad ever?

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2005, 07:18 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default King quad, worst handling quad ever?

maybe its me, this thing when on the brakes hard or soft and in a turn, it wants to flip. I also tried adjusting the toe in, front springs , the only thing that helps the twicy ness is keeping it in 4wd or diff lock. help

Old 06-13-2005, 10:25 AM
Range Rover

Mike545,

How are you driving the quad into the corner??? I certainly don't have the problem you're discribing. Are you using throttle threw the apex of the turn??? How much body english are you using??? I found I had to adjust my riding style and use more body english and a lot more throttle... I am running stock spring with 4 clicks of preload and 1/16 toe out... (Plus a winch up front.)

Look forward to hearing more,

Hibrass

Old 06-13-2005, 09:08 PM
Pro Rider

Mike 545, is this the first big bore ute you've ridden ? On the trails the k/q out handles any of the other irs utes I've ridden by far.

Old 06-14-2005, 03:24 AM
Trailblazer

Well it doesn't handle like a YFZ 450. but no doubt it's the best handling 4x4 out there with all due respect to the Rincon. Handling was one of the main reasons I bought a KQ. Maybe something is tweaked on yours?

Old 06-14-2005, 07:34 AM
Trailblazer

mike; the kq is hands down the best trail mannered ute going. i do agree with you that the kq wants to roll and nose dive , especially in hard cornering. if you plow snow the front end will sag 4" when lifting plow. high lifter front springs will solve these problems. for $80 and an hours work its the best money i ever spent. just be careful or have it done cause those springs can be dangerous to change. when i bought mine last fall they were listed for the brute force and said also fits kq but that may have changed by now. anyway both take same hl springs. give em a try and im sure youll love them. good luck and safe riding.

Old 06-14-2005, 07:39 AM
Range Rover

Take a look at my other machines.....I can tell you I drive my KQ like my sport machines...best machine out there.

Old 06-14-2005, 05:36 PM
Pro Rider

I came from a raptor and I find nothing wrong with the handling other then it can throw you around in the ruts a little, but you can muscle throw that!

Old 06-14-2005, 07:00 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: KingQuader
Well it doesn't handle like a YFZ 450. but no doubt it's the best handling 4x4 out there with all due respect to the Rincon. Handling was one of the main reasons I bought a KQ. Maybe something is tweaked on yours?
Are we forgetting the Prairie?

Old 06-14-2005, 07:04 PM
Trailblazer

I would agree that it nose dives into corners. More preload up front helped this, with mine. Interested in the High lifter springs... but probably will not spend the money- right now!!!

Marshall

Old 06-14-2005, 09:07 PM
Trailblazer

toe out was alot, need specs, adj by eye, did help, have springs set on four, if riding and hit an rock or someting, pretty big, on other quad you go over, mine wants to go to full lock on that side. riding 10mph and up, hit the brakes ,(front) and turn, and it want to rool you . i went over at 3mph, down a trail. is 1st 600 lb quad. have the 450r and i know there diff, but i know how to ride , and im saying its twitchy, in dirt wheels(i think) king quad vrs. prarie, two experienced riders feel the same, and gave the knod to the priarie, in 4wd it is alot less twitchy, i heard the tie rods are junk and flex under heavy steering, i do ride very aggesivly. ideas

Quick Reply: King quad, worst handling quad ever?