Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

85 to 88 Suzuki LT230S Quadsport help.

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2011, 08:29 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jory230
thats sick man, look forward to seeing some pics of the bike with some trophies, i want to convince the local track in my area to have a vintage atv atc race
i'll try. i was training for the races when i busted up myself and the first Mistress. My buddy is a semi pro rider, he rides at all the local fairs around Ohio and even the state fairs when they have the Moto Cross racing. I rode out to his house today, which is about 25 miles from me and he almost fell over seeing me back on a 230 running alky. I just stayed off his track this time. i am entering a car show with the new Mistress in the Atv section hopefully i'll be able to place in it.

if i do race, which is a big maybe, i will be in the 250cc limited class. kinda like a beginners class. i just hope i dont look like an idiot out there. I only have 1 sponsor, me, well my wife too, so that makes 2. No nerf nets and a 25 year old quad. i guess the only advantage i have is that the entire engine including the trans is new. i managed to find NOS lt250 tranny gears for my 230 so that was a plus.

Old 08-21-2011, 11:12 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I thought I would revive this thread a little bit! I just bought an 87 Lt230S, 91 LT230E, and another 91 LT230E. All for $600, quadrunner motors were rebuilt by this guy and were for his sons but they never got around to it. I need to rebuild the quadsports motor because it burns oil like crazy! All these quads are in pretty crappy condition. But I plan to have two working quads by the end of the winter!

Old 08-22-2011, 01:30 AM
Pro Rider

nice, check out my 230e thread to see how crappy can turn out with just a wee bit of work

http://forums.atvconnection.com/suzu...87-lt230e.html

Old 08-22-2011, 05:49 AM
Trailblazer

My rear brake caliper on my 230E is leaking, I tried using the spare caliper but it leaks from the same spot. I leaks from the parking brake side, probably because on one, the parking brake is missing! The other has the parking brake on it but still leaks through. Is there any rebuild kits that I can get? Really don't want to buy a $100 caliper!

Old 08-23-2011, 08:56 PM
Range Rover

Originally Posted by quadmechanic
My rear brake caliper on my 230E is leaking, I tried using the spare caliper but it leaks from the same spot. I leaks from the parking brake side, probably because on one, the parking brake is missing! The other has the parking brake on it but still leaks through. Is there any rebuild kits that I can get? Really don't want to buy a $100 caliper!
All thats wrong is a bad $2 dollar seal. If you take the parking brake off it still shouldn't leak. Just pull the piston out and get the new seals i can't remember if there is 1 or 2 of them. If you need a diagram let me know i got the repair book. They sell entire rebuild kits if you really want to get into it i just got one from suzuki for like 35 bucks.

Old 08-23-2011, 09:00 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

well gents The Mistress 2.0 is going to a new home. Now its time for another build.

Old 08-23-2011, 11:03 PM
Trailblazer

Originally Posted by Trailrider230s
well gents The Mistress 2.0 is going to a new home. Now its time for another build.
Same quad I presume! lol

Old 08-23-2011, 11:06 PM
Trailblazer

Originally Posted by Steve230
All thats wrong is a bad $2 dollar seal. If you take the parking brake off it still shouldn't leak. Just pull the piston out and get the new seals i can't remember if there is 1 or 2 of them. If you need a diagram let me know i got the repair book. They sell entire rebuild kits if you really want to get into it i just got one from suzuki for like 35 bucks.

Alright, I found this little set. Its number 3 on the diagram. Is that what I need? Thanks for the help!

OEM Parts Suzuki LT230S 1987 FRONT CALIPERS - Cheap Cycle Parts

Old 08-23-2011, 11:09 PM
Range Rover

Originally Posted by quadmechanic
Alright, I found this little set. Its number 3 on the diagram. Is that what I need? Thanks for the help!

OEM Parts Suzuki LT230S 1987 FRONT CALIPERS - Cheap Cycle Parts
Thats for the front caliper, what you want is this one.

OEM Parts Suzuki LT230S 1987 REAR CALIPER (MODEL H/J) - Cheap Cycle Parts

Part number 1 for the kit, the seal you most likley need is part 4, but if your taking it all apart your probably gonna ruin the other seals might as well do it right the first time.

Old 08-24-2011, 10:37 AM
Trailblazer

Originally Posted by Steve230
Thats for the front caliper, what you want is this one.

OEM Parts Suzuki LT230S 1987 REAR CALIPER (MODEL H/J) - Cheap Cycle Parts

Part number 1 for the kit, the seal you most likley need is part 4, but if your taking it all apart your probably gonna ruin the other seals might as well do it right the first time.
Thats exactly it! I don't know why I was looking at the front caliper?

Thanks for the link, I will see if I can take it apart and rebuild it.

So, my quads smokes like a chain smoker smoking blue cigs! I took off the head and cylinder, it looks like it has two top rings on it instead of one top ring and one scraper ring. The middle ring looks just like the top ring, it has no beveled edge?w The bottom oil control ring and the two rings around the oil control ring look like they don't stick out enough? I measured the cylinder and it came in right in between the original bore size! That means I don't have to bore it and their is almost no wear! So I am gunna slap some new rings on and give her a go!

Oh yea, the valves look like they seat nice and snugly, I can't see the calve seals so if the quad still smokes with the new rings I will replace the seals.

Quick Reply: 85 to 88 Suzuki LT230S Quadsport help.