Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

85 to 88 Suzuki LT230S Quadsport help.

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-2012, 09:44 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Quinn230s
Alright, I can do that I'm mostly a trail rider, which requires driving through rivers and stuff. Would it still be wise to take off the airbox lid?
I'm not at all afraid of labor intensive mods, and I want to really make her powerful.
P.s. What would new cams accomplish anyway?
Well how deep are you riding? It isn't wise to be riding in deep water anyway. You'll get water in all the bearings... swingarm bearings, a-arm bearings, axle bearings... New a-arm bearings will run you $100 at least. As far as the airbox is concerned, its tucked under the seat far away from the wheels. I ride across streams to get to the other side, but I don't play around in water. Sometimes I smack a puddle on the other side of a jump. Things like that are ok, but I wouldn't submerge it.

You ever do donuts in 2nd or 3rd gear and find the engine doesn't have quite enough power and lugs? Well the 250 cam would give you the rest of the power you need and will get the rpms up more. I don't think you'd really notice a difference unless you had a way to benchmark the power output.

To really feel a difference you're going to have to put a high compression piston in.

Old 02-29-2012, 09:50 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Originally Posted by kevbz
OH boy oh boy!! post a few weeks ago about my case swap and finally found a used one and got it installed, the stator on it had a weak spark do I swapped the original one back in (those three lil screw were brutal!) awesome spark, fires and idles on the first kick!

I was searching the "vault" and was looking for a place to get the three chain rollers, top and bottom ones are shot and the swingarm one is getting there. On ebay I can only find the big top 34mm one, not the small roller block on the bottom.

any leads?
The OEM places like bakebandit or cheapcycleparts would be my guess.

I don't use the rollers. I use this:

Name:  DCP_3091.jpg
Views: 121
Size:  108.3 KB

I know what you mean about the little screws lol

Name:  DCP_2728.jpg
Views: 108
Size:  102.7 KB

Old 02-29-2012, 10:32 PM
Trailblazer

Did you look at cheapcycleparts.com?

Old 02-29-2012, 10:40 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by Robotic
Did you look at cheapcycleparts.com?
i did...kinda hard to find everything

i did have luck here

MrCycles Honda Kawasaki Polaris Suzuki Yamaha Motorcycles ATVS Scooters Utility Vehicles

kinda confused on the parts needed, but I think a call to the 1-800 number will set me up

Old 02-29-2012, 10:56 PM
Trailblazer
Old 02-29-2012, 11:01 PM
Trailblazer

Originally Posted by JustRandy
Well how deep are you riding? It isn't wise to be riding in deep water anyway. You'll get water in all the bearings... swingarm bearings, a-arm bearings, axle bearings... New a-arm bearings will run you $100 at least. As far as the airbox is concerned, its tucked under the seat far away from the wheels. I ride across streams to get to the other side, but I don't play around in water. Sometimes I smack a puddle on the other side of a jump. Things like that are ok, but I wouldn't submerge it.

You ever do donuts in 2nd or 3rd gear and find the engine doesn't have quite enough power and lugs? Well the 250 cam would give you the rest of the power you need and will get the rpms up more. I don't think you'd really notice a difference unless you had a way to benchmark the power output.

To really feel a difference you're going to have to put a high compression piston in.
Alright well I'm gonna replace the piston anyway. Where can I get a high compression piston? Also, how big can I bore it out before stuff starts to break and the engine overheats?

Old 02-29-2012, 11:12 PM
Weekend Warrior

New Suzuki LT230S Quad Sport Parts at Vince's Cycle

See if you can find the one here.
That website looks like a God send, almost everything that wears out on the frame/body is available BUT>>>>

I've email them 5 times over the last 6 months and never got an answer and was recently told that they site is an old one that is not maintained and that they do not sell parts anymore, only service.

Old 02-29-2012, 11:15 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Alright well I'm gonna replace the piston anyway. Where can I get a high compression piston? Also, how big can I bore it out before stuff starts to break and the engine overheats?
I would call these guys and ask Arias Pistons

I got lucky and found an arias piston on ebay for $50. I think its a much better piston than wiseco, but if that's all you can find, wiseco is ok. Should be able to find a wiseco for $150. .080 over is as big as you can go without a big bore kit.

Old 02-29-2012, 11:16 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Originally Posted by kevbz
That website looks like a God send, almost everything that wears out on the frame/body is available BUT>>>>

I've email them 5 times over the last 6 months and never got an answer and was recently told that they site is an old one that is not maintained and that they do not sell parts anymore, only service.
He was out of parts back when this thread was on page 1 lol

Old 02-29-2012, 11:18 PM
Trailblazer

Originally Posted by JustRandy
I would call these guys and ask Arias Pistons

I got lucky and found an arias piston on ebay for $50. I think its a much better piston than wiseco, but if that's all you can find, wiseco is ok. Should be able to find a wiseco for $150. .080 over is as big as you can go without a big bore kit.
Ooh a big bore kit sounds nice. How much is that, and what'll it do for me?

Quick Reply: 85 to 88 Suzuki LT230S Quadsport help.