Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

85 to 88 Suzuki LT230S Quadsport help.

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2007, 02:04 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 85 to 88 Suzuki LT230S Quadsport help.

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: 270quadsportguy

71 mm is my piston size. Im ordering rings from total seal getting gapless top ring[img][/img]</end quote></div>

Yeah, I think you'll like that more than the 20 over setup. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

... wish I had a 71mm piston [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 10-25-2007, 02:09 PM
Elite Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: gforce34

Well got new pictures up of my pipe, rear grab bar, chain tensioner etc, well I think the pictures are up depends on how fast the moderators approve.

Almost forgot also have my new Mikuni 28mm Flatslide carb installed to.</end quote></div>

That's a pretty sharp looking quad you got there! I'd be affraid to drive something that clean off the pavement, lol. How did you get the chain tensioner to work using that footpeg bolt? I just put mine on a couple days ago and it wouldn't work right on that bolt. It would hit the frame when I put weight on the back. So, I had to drill a new hole.

Old 10-25-2007, 02:20 PM
Elite Pro Rider

What jets are you running in your flatslide? The only way I could make it work was to use the needle from the stock carb and put it on its leanest setting and drill the main out. And I still need to find somebody to sell me a 12.5 or 10 pilot. Nobody stocks those super small jets and I don't want to have to buy 4 of them.

Old 10-25-2007, 02:42 PM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>That's a pretty sharp looking quad you got there! I'd be affraid to drive something that clean off the pavement, lol. How did you get the chain tensioner to work using that footpeg bolt? I just put mine on a couple days ago and it wouldn't work right on that bolt. It would hit the frame when I put weight on the back. So, I had to drill a new hole.</end quote></div>

Yeah I spend waaay to much time cleaning it, considering I turn right around and get er all dirty again. I used my quickgrip clamp and clamped onto the tensioner and part of the frame and "squished it as much as possible in order to get it almost straight out and then tightened the bolt down. The slack in the chain caused it to come back some, but it hasn't touched the frame.

What jets are you running in your flatslide? The only way I could make it work was to use the needle from the stock carb and put it on its leanest setting and drill the main out. And I still need to find somebody to sell me a 12.5 or 10 pilot. Nobody stocks those super small jets and I don't want to have to buy 4 of them.

I am actually running the stock jets the came with the carb which is the 180 main 15 pilot and just had to play around with the idle adjust screw and the air screw and runs great. power seems to come on good with only the carb and the xcellerator pipe. NOW just the big bore kit and webcam stage??? not sure after reading your discussions whether to go with 1 or 2.

Old 10-25-2007, 05:14 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Call Lori at webcams, if you mention trail riding she will probably say stage 1, but they also have 10 more grinds they don't list in the catalog. I know Vince will say stage 1 because of the lift,,, for any application. BigMc says he gets more power from the stage 2 and stage 1 sits on a shelf. If you decide stage 1, maybe BigMc will be happy to hook you up. I'm just going to wait till I get the big bore kit before I get a cam. That will give me some more time to mull it over.

How does your spark plug look? The 180 jet that came with mine wouldn't even begin to run right. It would idle good, just as soon as I gave it any gas it would act like it was out of gas or I turned the kill switch. Each time I would drill the jet it would get a little better. For a while I thought I was going to have to take the jet out and run it that way, lol. And the needle from the stock 230 carb has a sharper taper and seems to give me more throttle response. Of course, I am running a KN filter with no air box lid... Maybe that has something to do with it.

Old 10-25-2007, 05:52 PM
Pro Rider

Thanks for the invaluable info regarding the webcam. I initially had some running issues as far as getting on the gas (around 3/4 throttle) it would cut out but I took my spark plug out and because it's same spark plug when I bought the atv in early August and never replaced it, it was pretty dirty. so got out the WD40 and wire brush and cleaned it all up. I put it back in and it ran like a champ took it down to a real sandy river bed and just kept on it and never had any cut out problems.

I just pulled out the spark again after reading your last post and looked at it and it is pretty light in color almost white which tells me it's running pretty lean yet it isn't cutting out anymore so pretty weird. I'm also running a K&N air filter without the lid. Maybe my altitude has some factor? Here in colorado I'm just under 7000 feet above sea level before I go riding in the mountains.

Old 10-25-2007, 08:25 PM
Elite Pro Rider

I'm about 700 ft before going to the mountains, lol. I guess that could have something to do with it! And the mountains here are only 2-3000 ft.

I've been running mine pretty hard off n on all day. Plug looks good, running really strong with a bit of a lean spot that the very top end. That's a good thing since most of my riding will be at least 1000 ft above where I am now. This saturday will be the real test. The first time I've taken it to the mountains since widening the a-arms.

Old 10-25-2007, 10:13 PM
Pro Rider

that a nice quadg force id be a lil weary of that chain tensioner gettin caught on something but very nice

Old 10-27-2007, 12:39 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

got a new pic of my chain tensioner and case saver w/ 13t sprocket.

oops, got to the party a little late here, i guess everyone's already seen it.

Old 10-27-2007, 03:00 PM
Elite Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: MalHombre

got a new pic of my chain tensioner and case saver w/ 13t sprocket.

oops, got to the party a little late here, i guess everyone's already seen it.</end quote></div>

Yup, somebody already posted a link to your pics a few pages back and we all went n copied ya! lol

That thing works great though. I haven't thrown a chain yet and I don't have to worry about the swingarm bearings getting crushed after a jump.

I dont think Vince makes anymore of those casesavers, so I made one out of steel to fit around my 13t.

Quick Reply: 85 to 88 Suzuki LT230S Quadsport help.