Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

85 to 88 Suzuki LT230S Quadsport help.

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2011, 02:50 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well i now have a job at Ace hardware and am bringing in quite a bit of money, because of no expenses (perks or being in high school) but i pretty much done with the ole lt for a bit. Remember how i was going to race the lt in that race? Ive decided that im going to buy a buggy thats almost complete and just race that. The lt was fun but just too much hassle anymore. Prolly not going to sell it but if your interested, pm me or something.

Its completely stock
New Battery last year.
Runs well when its used often, such as don't let it sit for 2 months
Pretty nice fenders, not faded just a bit scratched. It did run well 3 months ago but then i parked it and the battery died on me, and havn't really gotten to it since.
New O-ring chain
Only problems is the brakes need rebuilt and the carb is a hassle. LOL all lt230's are lol.
New swing are bearing and axle bearings last year
No ccpd i got lucky lol, never happened to me
Located in Central Pennsylvania.

Old 11-23-2011, 08:07 PM
Trailblazer
Default 230 vault

Hey who runs the 230 vault i wanna upload share some of my QS Stuff.

Old 11-23-2011, 10:06 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by pboost
Hey who runs the 230 vault i wanna upload share some of my QS Stuff.
i do. i will pm you my email where you can send pics and other contributions.

Old 11-28-2011, 08:45 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Lt230s

Hello, i bought my quad back in april this summer for 500 dollars. After riding my quad for a little over a week, it stopped running. Just recently i got my baby back in running order. When i went out to the garage to start working on it, I fist sprayed some ethur on the spark plug, and got it started up. Next, i re-built the carburetor, cause when i bought it, it needed it really bad. Next, I had changed the oil, and the oil filter. I bought a K&N air filter for around $52 and installed that. I still have the stock exhaust pipe on it, but after i get payed this week I am going to buy the DG RCM2 exhaust. Eventually i am going to get new plastics for it because my front fenders have holes in the from where someone before had mudflaps. The hood on the front is majorly cracked and I'm going to get that replaced. I have a couple of questions about it though. My quad has a twist throttle on it, and 2 out of 5 times it get's stuck. It drives me crazy! I don't know what to do about it, it can't be anything to do about the carurater because it was recently cleaned. Could it be just the throttle cable? Eventually i would like to install a thumb throttle for it. I saw at motosport they are selling some thumb throttles for my quad for about $110. And I've always wondered since i bought it, but when the 1987 lt230s came out did it come with a twist or thumb throttle? I believe it is a thumb throttle, but my friend insists that it came out with twist? I've got good intentions for this fourwheeler, and plan to keep it my whole life. And also, I REALLY want to add some of my pictures to the lt230s vault site, so trailriderlt230s can you please get me a page on there? Thanks.

Old 11-28-2011, 09:02 PM
Pro Rider

They came with thumb throttles, you may try rerouting your cable

Old 11-28-2011, 09:07 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by ESHBOK88LT230S
Hello, i bought my quad back in april this summer for 500 dollars. After riding my quad for a little over a week, it stopped running. Just recently i got my baby back in running order. When i went out to the garage to start working on it, I fist sprayed some ethur on the spark plug, and got it started up. Next, i re-built the carburetor, cause when i bought it, it needed it really bad. Next, I had changed the oil, and the oil filter. I bought a K&N air filter for around $52 and installed that. I still have the stock exhaust pipe on it, but after i get payed this week I am going to buy the DG RCM2 exhaust. Eventually i am going to get new plastics for it because my front fenders have holes in the from where someone before had mudflaps. The hood on the front is majorly cracked and I'm going to get that replaced. I have a couple of questions about it though. My quad has a twist throttle on it, and 2 out of 5 times it get's stuck. It drives me crazy! I don't know what to do about it, it can't be anything to do about the carurater because it was recently cleaned. Could it be just the throttle cable? Eventually i would like to install a thumb throttle for it. I saw at motosport they are selling some thumb throttles for my quad for about $110. And I've always wondered since i bought it, but when the 1987 lt230s came out did it come with a twist or thumb throttle? I believe it is a thumb throttle, but my friend insists that it came out with twist? I've got good intentions for this fourwheeler, and plan to keep it my whole life. And also, I REALLY want to add some of my pictures to the lt230s vault site, so trailriderlt230s can you please get me a page on there? Thanks.
Sure, once i get done with my rehab for my back and right hand, i will send you a pm of where you can send pics. i have 2 others wanting gallery pages and i will add yours at the same time. it only takes about 15 to 20 minutes to do, so if anyone else out there wants a gallery page, request it now!! i have 9 weeks of physio for my back and hand, and then i will only have a short amount of time before i start building my wifes koi pond. i start building the pond in March. i may have spelling errors, trying to type "south paw" ( left handed).

And the twist throttle was just an option part, primarily aftermarket. i have never saw a factory original 230s with a twist throttle on it. although many people adapted the twist for a rm 125 or rm250. To me putting a twist on a 230s is a mistake, especially if you like to ramp as i used to before my crash, the throttle tends to go wide open and really cause trouble for the 230 and the rider.

Old 11-28-2011, 09:43 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Lt230s

Thanks for the help guys!
dakbee: I will deffinetly reroute it, whenever i get time.
trailrider230s: thanks for replying so quick, I've been looking at the vault every since I first bought my wuad and looking at information and comparing mine to other quads on the site. Thanks for the help as well, back where i ride at there are a lot of naural hills in bluffs that i enjoy jumping, so i will take your advise and switch to a thumb throttle.

Old 12-01-2011, 07:28 PM
Trailblazer

I have recently rebuilt a 87 suzuki LT 230 s. It has been completely pampered. Weisco piston, hot cam hot rod, k&n filter.

Old 12-02-2011, 02:44 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ok trailrider, since everyone else is asking can i get a few pics up on the vault as well? Good to hear that you're on the mend man.

Old 12-02-2011, 10:38 AM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by MIsuzukilt230s
Ok trailrider, since everyone else is asking can i get a few pics up on the vault as well? Good to hear that you're on the mend man.
sure, man. i'm got news this morning from the doc , I WILL NOT HAVE TO STOP RIDING!!! well looks like i m in the hunt for another quad. talk about a relief.

Quick Reply: 85 to 88 Suzuki LT230S Quadsport help.