Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

85 to 88 Suzuki LT230S Quadsport help.

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2008, 02:14 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 85 to 88 Suzuki LT230S Quadsport help.

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: PoolGod230

Damn, and I am that azzhole that NEVER stops eating! If my eyes are open, I am eating![img][/img] And never puts on a single pound..............

My buddy I work with, who has been with the company 30 odd years to my 11-12, hell, he helped me at the counter, when I was 6yrs old hanging with my Dad! Anyhow, he is one of those cats that only eats dinner..... I drive him nuts![img][/img]

I'll have customers come in and ask, where is the poolgod?? And I'll be around the corner at my desk on the phone or somthing..... And he ALWAYS says "That bald mother fu@ker is either, eatin, ****!n, or smokin!!!!" All three tend to happen in that sequence....[img][/img] I love my job![img][/img]</end quote></div>

I have this thing about me... I hate to eat on an empty stomach. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Once I break the fast for the day, I usually eat till bedtime. But the thing where we are different is I may go a good 10-12 hrs after I wake up before I eat. Usually have leftovers still hanging out in my gut like an old shoe when I wake up. So, eating is NOT the first thing on my mind, lol.

Wanna talk about an eatin fool though.... You should see my cousin go at it. My God he can eat. You know the Japanese dude that eats like 50 hot dogs in a few minutes on tv???? Well, my cousin could eat the dogs and probably the Japanese dude too in about that amount of time. We were at Schlotchskys (how ever you spell it) and you know those big original sandwiches??? He ate 2 of them before I could get much past the halfway point on my one and then he went for a 3rd one. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] Took him to a chinese buffet and he cleaned out the sushi bar and emptied all the crayfish (or whatever those things are) and filled 2 bigass bowls with scraps! I thought they were going to ask us to leave. Luckily he cant eat like he used to, lol. Too much dieting.

Old 01-10-2008, 02:18 AM
Elite Pro Rider

I know this is the 230s forum........ BUT I went out to start the wifes '93 230e to charge the battery cause it hasn't been started in a month or so... put the key in pushed the button, no crankin!!! just a little rattlesnake sound?? turned the key to lights, and they are very bright.. means battery is good??? pull started it, fired up 2nd pull...let it warm up for awhile, shut her down, tried elect start again, same sound... In my very limited mechanical knowledge of cars, this situation = bad starter solanoid? Am I on the right track? As always, Thank you!</end quote></div>

I would go with your gut on that one. Try beating on the solenoid with something kinda light like a hammer handle... Something to give it some vibrations while you hold the starter button. If that doesnt do anything, take it off and clean all the connections really well with a needle file to exposed bare metal. Check the connections at the battery too,,, and anywhere else those big fat wires go. If still no good, then you probably need a new solenoid. (You could always use a big screwdriver to jump the solenoid to see if the starter works too).

Old 01-10-2008, 02:25 AM
Elite Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: JustRandy

The stock valve sizes are 32mm intake and 28mm exhaust. If we go up 1mm on the intake its worth 1/2 HP. 1mm on the exhaust is worth 1/4 HP. Of course, together its worth 3/4 HP. Anybody know where to get oversize valves??? [IMG][/IMG]</end quote></div>

My machinist swears he put bigger valves in mine.................. Yes same guy that "forgot" to mess with the crank for the bigbore...[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif" border="0[/IMG] But still, what is to stop a skilled machinist from taking a 33mm hyabusa intake valve and a 29-30mm exhaust valve and make it fit our lil bitty engine?? you know I don't know if it is possible, that is why I am asking... He says he did it, how do I prove it???

Randy, tell me how,what, and where to measure, I'll prolly have an accurate number by the third try...[IMG]i/expressions/devil.gif" border="0[/IMG]</end quote></div>

Well, I can tell you this much, the intake valve fits nicely inside a 32mm carb and the exhaust vlave fits nicely in a 28mm carb... So, it must be the edge to edge outer diameter of the valve at the biggest point.

I suppose its possible to take any valve and make it fit as long as the stem is the same and you can cut a seat to match. There's 3/4 horse to anyone that can pull it off.

Old 01-10-2008, 02:34 AM
Elite Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: fishguybri

how is the forum crew tonight. I red up on whats been said. I just sold a ssteering tem on e-bay for 24.95 last week or so. I looked back at my pics and one of them was a close up of this. I haven't gone out to check mine, but surely will look before I ride again.

RANDY again,man you like numbers. thanks for the info. knowledge is a blessing.</end quote></div>

I figure if I throw enough out there, maybe something will come back to me. Like now I have a lead on bigger valves! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Next numbers game is to build a flow bench and collect some data and try to accurately model the 230 in my sim. Then we'll see once n for all what cams are the best. Plus, I want to try my hand at porting a few heads I have taking up all this room in my garage and I need the bench for feedback.

Old 01-10-2008, 02:41 AM
Elite Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: fishguybri

that did not come out right at all. I meant the one in the pics looked factory. I do have one more. I also saw a running 230 in the local swapper for 550. I am going to call him up in the a.m.</end quote></div>

Can you still turn a profit after paying $550 for a 230 parting it out? I was thinking of doing that a while back, but let a bud have the deal instead for his son to ride. (I ended up riding it instead while mine is being redone [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] )

Keep your eye out for a 250 4wd. I'll take lots of parts off your hands,,, the one I have was in a fire. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] I've heard the front diffs on those things can bring $300 by itself. I saw a couple days ago the plastics go for almost $300 with 25 bids ($650 new from maier).

Old 01-10-2008, 02:49 AM
Elite Pro Rider

1987LT250, I was thinking... I forgot to say you have to divide by 1000 to get the cc when using mm in that formula. So, its PI x (bore/2) x (bore/2) x (stroke) / 1000 = cc

EX: 66x67.
66/2 = 33.
33x33 = 1089.
1089x67 = 72963.
72963xPI = 229220.025
229220.025/1000 = 229.220025 cc

Old 01-10-2008, 03:03 AM
Trailblazer

yes actually anything I buy thats a dirt bike or quad that is 600 or under I at least double that after my detailed cleanig. i made a bit under 600 on the spare 230 parts i listed last week. it was this 230 that got my little busines started. I bought all of my parts off e-bay and relized (while my friends laughed) that no matter what i invested in it that I could if needed get my money back parting it on e-bay. my friend got ripped off on two honda xr200 bikes and one night in the garage i bet him a quarter that I could make his 1150 back in pieces on e-bay. he said if i was up for it the bikes where mine and anything over six i could keep. I made 1328.00. I took the spare money after giving himthe six and buoght a blaster cabinet and a parts washer. i picked up a few 100 dollar p.o.s bikes and rented my shop for 300 electric included. now i buy anything in the swapper 600 or under that runs make 1200 and buy another for 600 thus pocketing between 500 & 600 a bike. i did this with my old e-bay name. the clean_salvaged_parts name i opened recently when i got a business internet at my shop.

so sorry rambling, its just that i am finally seeing cash in this process i have been doing awhile and i am a bit proud not to have to work for "the man" anymore and doing something i completely enjoy.

Old 01-10-2008, 03:38 AM
Elite Pro Rider

I'm proud of you and hopefully we can do some business soon. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Keep yer eye out for that 250 4wd though. I need lots of parts and you dont even have to wash them, list them or anything. Just put them in a box n ship em my way n I'll paypal you the loot. I'm just to lazy n mentally exhausted to rumage thru ebay for all the parts right now. I contacted a few sellers n they said they'd give me a deal if I buy everything from them, but I was hoping more that they would do more work for me. So, I'm hangin in limbo until someone kicks me in the *** or throws the parts in lap, which ever comes first, lol.

Old 01-10-2008, 11:14 AM
Pro Rider

I suppose its possible to take any valve and make it fit as long as the stem is the same and you can cut a seat to match. There's 3/4 horse to anyone that can pull it off.</end quote></div>

Measured the valves, intake 33mm, exhaust 29mm! Measured 3 times to be sure! If he'd call me back[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img] I'll find out the type of valves he used. Was going to play around and fix the E, but the "warden" pulled me back in by my ear!

Old 01-10-2008, 11:17 AM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: 4xJeep

4xjeep! can you do me a favor and take a close up picture of your chain roller and or tensioner on the 230e??Lookin at your pix, I think I have seen something new???</end quote></div>

PG..new pics posted...Swingarm roller is welded on like factory, tho I don't see the any of the manual detail shots.</end quote></div>

It does look factory, but I have never seen that before! I think I am going to try to make a tensioner but welded under the swingarm! Thanks for the pix

Quick Reply: 85 to 88 Suzuki LT230S Quadsport help.