Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

85 to 88 Suzuki LT230S Quadsport help.

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2008, 05:34 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 85 to 88 Suzuki LT230S Quadsport help.

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: PoolGod230

I think I am gonna punk out on ya all and pay someone to assemble my motor! I am tired of "typing" about the turd I love so much! I wanna ride! Wasn't happining fast enough when I could walk, and the EX is just too docile or easy to ride,or sumpthing like that,, like I can fu@kin ride anyway!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so friggen tired of looking at parts!!! May be the drugs, or the politics from earlier, but something must change!!!! So I re-hab like a good lil boy, and where do I end up? ????? Still have to work on something that I have dedicated my heart and soul to for way too long...... Screw it... This damn bike is almost as much of an obsession as my wife! She is worth it, is this thing???? I am afraid if I don't have it done I am going to bail on it....

Sorry kids, yet again, I am a babbling idiot, pain pills will do that!

Wear your helmet, chest protector, gloves, boots,etc.........

Stay in school, avoid workin in tha pool!!!!</end quote></div>

Nothing wrong with paying someone to do the work, assuming you can trust them. But there is a lot of enjoyment from doing everythng yourself too. Since you can't ride or work, you might just want to find another mode of fulfillment right now until you're strong enough to return. Whatever you do, make sure you make a decision when you're not emotional.

I'm sorta in the same state as you right now because I am so overwhelmed with things I have to do, the weather isn't cooperating, and I'm beginning to have to stave off depression (they say the first signs are when you don't do the things you used to like to do). Here I am, perfectly able-bodied, but stuck in a rut and spend most of my time staring at a pc screen or sleeping. I walk out to the garage hoping to find something I feel like doing, but sigh and return to the house and officially label myself as sick. Its just something I have to work thru and its nothing really new. Soon enough, the sun will shine and it will get warm again and I'll be out in the garage all night again feeling productive. But right now its just flu time w/o the symptoms.

Pain pills will do a lot of things to you. It will take a decent amount of time to recover from the medication too. Drugs affect neurotransmitters, the number of them. And when that happens the receiving end of those transmitters either get more sensitve or less sensitive in response to the change. Once the drug is gone, it will be a while before things return to normal. It took me nearly 3 yrs to recover from a popular anti-depressant, but I don't think pain meds will take nearly that long or be as damaging. Stay away from klonopin... I can tell ya that much. The stuff landed a guy I know in the looney bin at least 4 times that I know of. Not good!

Old 01-22-2008, 05:42 AM
Elite Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: fishguybri

PG my babblin buddy, hows the re-re-re hab goin. this is the third time you are sadly set back to the beginning of re-hab right. I see no punk out in payin someone to do the motor, if it keeps you out the garage to recoup and ride the turd you love when you are both patched up. I do say I am with randy, you should ask the doc to JB the screw in your knee that'll do the trick. (wink wink)

this little 89 honda 50r I scooped for a song today sure does have some pep. I had to spend a few hours gettin her running, but this thing will wheelie all day (if you got balance). I had the shop neighbors bettin how long before I flipped it. fun I say fun. the gas tank was a metal loss. I rigged it up with the 110 atc gas tank I just got cleaned out. I have a couple of projects so I might keep this one around to ride the hallways of the old grain building my shop is in. sorry I am babbling.

on that new hampshire note, that is where I always go to vacation. ya know there is a lot of truth in there motto "LIVE FREE OR DIE" I like it.</end quote></div>

It would be fun to be your neighbor. You're always bringing home these different rides n checking them out.

I signed up at a Free State Project forum and have been asking questions about NH. Turns out you have to register your atv's there, but I guess many places you have to do that. I think you also have to submit to emission testing on cars as well. But, they don't require a helmet, no seatbelt, no car insurance, no sales tax, no income tax, have the least restrictive gun laws, have the lowest crime,,, and probably a bunch of other things I cant think of at the moment.

Old 01-22-2008, 09:21 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Name:  dynowarriorcompare1.jpg
Views: 24
Size:  94.8 KB

Warrior compared to a 260 kit suzuki

Warrior is stock. I guessed at the cam, but I'm very close because I have the right durations, lifts, and lobe centers. I assume the HP curve is close because I checked with the CEPA and 26.8 is what it said.

The 260 is of course a 230 with a 260 kit. Also, a 1mm bigger intake valve. I used the ported numbers from that porting site I posted a couple days ago for the honda engine. 10.25 compression. And a megacycle stage 1 cam.

The exhausts on both are the same.

Old 01-22-2008, 09:26 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Name:  dynowarriorcomparenoporting1.jpg
Views: 24
Size:  94.3 KB

Same thing as last post, but no porting on the 260. Used the stock flow numbers from that honda engine porting site.

Old 01-22-2008, 09:38 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Name:  dynowarriorcomparestock1.jpg
Views: 23
Size:  95.4 KB

Warrior compared to a stock 230. Stock bore and everything except the exhaust, which I have little control over. The exhaust is the same on each pic and each quad. The HP is about 1 off compared to what CEPA says a 246 should get (couldn't find a listing for the 229 - was before the emission testing days). So, I guess the exhaust is too free flowing to accurately model a stock 230. Just take off 1HP from the whole HP 230 curve.

Old 01-22-2008, 12:47 PM
Trailblazer

thanks once again for the number crunchin. I thiink that the warrior might be the next bike I get for myself. of cours it would not stay stock long. I am just not at all into big quads. untill this 230 I was the guy on the track happy with my done up blaster. I just like um small. I rode the kawasaki 450r again the other day, and I am just not impressed with the way it carries and turns in the woods. boy is it fun to drag down the road though.

the only reason you have to register your quad in new hampshire and do the test is so you can ride in the state forests up there. ther are a few spots in ct that are that way too. I have riden in the state forest up there and if you get harrassed without the reg. they just tell you to get out uf the forest and get registered. rarely is that a ticket, and when it is its 60 bucks.

Old 01-22-2008, 01:00 PM
Pro Rider

Great charts, JustRandy! It's nice visually to see where the modded 230 will be compared to other "known" quads. I lived in Maine until I joined the Air Force and even then the biggest problem as far as "Maniacs" were concerned was the "transplants". People from Massachussettes, Conneticut, Vermont and other New England states that came from the "well to do areas" and wanted to get away from the rat race so would "transplant" to Maine and then get involved in the local/state level goverment and start screwing everything up.

Like I remember my dad was friggin pissed because our taxes were going up because the "transplants" wanted to build a tennis court in our little town. He was like "what the f#@k am I going to do with a tennis court?". But it passed and taxes went up. Just one small example of many, these people supposedly leave these places to get away from it all and then they bring it with them and screw everything up for the locals whom live there all their lives like my parents.

Old 01-22-2008, 01:23 PM
Pro Rider

Agreed, same thing here. San Francisco/Berkley/Bay area transplants move here with their big money to "get away" then try make this area more like where they moved from! All the rice fields we used to hunt duck and geese are sold out. Have thousands of 4000+ sq ft houses right next to each other. starbucks every 100ft! Yuck!

Old 01-22-2008, 01:33 PM
Pro Rider

I really haven't ridden any other quads except the 230 (mine). But I have briefly ridden my father-in-laws Grizzly 660 and my brother-in-laws Eiger 400. They have their place but for straight out fun trail riding no thank you. I like the 230's versatility especailly on the trail because of it's ride o' bility and manuverability. Not long ago I took it by myself to a place called Woodland Park, because it was a week day and I was on my crew break so I was by myself. I was flying up a trail and saw an offshoot to my left a very large rocky, rutted extreme angled hill and I didn't even hesitate I kicked it into 2nd and full throttle. I got about 3/4 of the way up and the ground was nothing but needles and leaves with very deep soft loam under that. I had to go off the trail to the right slightly because of a huge rut about 3 foot deep and when I did I started loosing traction with the leaves, needles and soft loam.

When I started slightly sliding backwards I felt a sickening feeling that this was going to hurt. When I looked behind me I saw a cliff that was about a 25 foot drop so I jumped off on the low side of the quad and turned the handle bars to try and get the angle sideways to the hill. So the quad and I were slowly sliding down the hill sideways towards this cliff. There was no way I was going to lose my quad over that cliff or as far as I was concerned I would go with it. I changed position as quickly as possible and got to the front of the quad and dug in my heals and used the front bumper and pulled back with everything I had. The quad and I stopped sliding for the moment. Now I'm stuck because I have to pull this quad at an extreme angle on this hill with nothing but needles, leaves and loam back over to the harder rutted section while it keeps with me slipping further down the hill towards the cliff.

My whole point being any bigger CC quad/heavier and it would have been lost, it took me 45 minutes off swearing, sweating and light headed from the lack of oxygen to get it back to the rutted section and pointed back down hill but I did it.

Old 01-22-2008, 02:59 PM
Elite Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: fishguybri

the only reason you have to register your quad in new hampshire and do the test is so you can ride in the state forests up there. ther are a few spots in ct that are that way too. I have riden in the state forest up there and if you get harrassed without the reg. they just tell you to get out uf the forest and get registered. rarely is that a ticket, and when it is its 60 bucks.</end quote></div>

Here in GA, you dont have to register to ride state parks or anywhere else. Go figure, they actually gave up some money, lol. GA is really not a money hungry place to live. Gas is relatively cheap, $2.88 right now, beer is $10 a 12 and less if you buy more (except on sundays they dont sell it in GA), Marlboro reds are 25 bucks, tags for my cars n trucks are about 20 bucks, sales tax is 6% at most (5% some places), and property tax on 14 acres with a 3 bedroom 2 bath house, 2 car garage, 1 barn, and 1 shed is $1000 a yr. Its not at all a problem here to find a mobile home on a 1-3 acre piece of land and only pay 20-30,000 for it. What GA is bad about is hassling everyone over goofy **** and then turning it around to make it look like its for public safety and I should be more patriotic about legalized armed robbery. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: 85 to 88 Suzuki LT230S Quadsport help.