Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

85 to 88 Suzuki LT230S Quadsport help.

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2008, 12:36 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 85 to 88 Suzuki LT230S Quadsport help.

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: JustRandy

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: PoolGod230

Ya they reattched Saturday am. Wife is raggin me, Doc is raggin me, the angel an devil on each shoulder are goin at it! Guess "at my age" I should be more carefull.

But all this Idle time is driving me nuts!</end quote></div>

Get political and "try to change the world" by posting on lots of forums about how hard Hillary will work to take your guns away or how lazy she'll be in taking the guns off the streets. One way or the other, that ought to occupy 99% of your time, lol. Tis the season for insanity. [img][/img]</end quote></div>

I love gun control...NOT!!!!! My dad and I used to do a lot of competition shooting all around New England as well as hunting. We used to cast our own bullets with melted down wheel weights and test different loads etc. Times I will never forget for both experience and more importantly an activity we truly enjoyed together. When the waiting period first appeared for purchasing a firearm the first thing out of my mouth was "This is bullshit ", cause the only citizens this is "hurting" is honest Joe and is a start to a downward spiral of gun ownership rights. One of the intentions of the waiting period was to stop "Crimes of passion". Buuullllssshhiiittt. If someone intends on smoking someone else they will obtain a firearm whether legally or illegally. Aaaack getting myself wound up to early in the day[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

Old 01-21-2008, 12:53 PM
Elite Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: gforce34

This is the first time I have done anything engine wise with this motor. When I first bought it I was told by the guy I purchased it from that he "tried" to maintenence it, so from that I am assuming he probably messed around with it never tightened it properly. Now I know to pay extra attention to that.

Thanks for the advice the wood method sounds to me like the way to go. As far as the flywheel puller I will probably get one because I'm sure this won't be the last time I will be pulling it[img][/img]

That would be great financial advice but I am still recovering from when my wife left me for a year and a half and I was paying for everything on my own, or should I say juggling everything on my own and paying child support. A 0% credit card is not an option.[img][/img]

Sounds to me like the gear swap should work.[img][/img]</end quote></div>

Yeah,,,, the old man never talked that much, not much of one for small talk,,, he'd tell me to go count the grass and not bother him too much about why its green. So, when he would say something, I was all ears.... And he used to beat into my head, "Never spend what you don't already have." "Never get married." "Never let anyone live with you, you live with them, much easier to get out than to get someone out." I think rather than give me advice, more times than not, he was just b!t$%ng. I come from a long line of complainers [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Back on the 230 stuff... I wonder how long that screw has been loose. I remember one time you took that quad out for like a 6hr ride and nothing happened. I remember coz I said you must be in your 20's to ride 6hrs,,, I can only make it 2 and I have to recover all week. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] When I was tinkering with my bayou, it didn't take 10 minutes for the screw to come all the way out. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] Still though, if it was tight, I can't see it coming out. It had to have been loose on you.... Or at least loose enough. The manual say 6-7ft-lbs. Do you have a manual?

Old 01-21-2008, 01:07 PM
Pro Rider

Politics and 230s's seem to be the same, the more we try to "fix it" the more it costs us!

Old 01-21-2008, 01:09 PM
Elite Pro Rider

I love gun control...NOT!!!!! My dad and I used to do a lot of competition shooting all around New England as well as hunting. We used to cast our own bullets with melted down wheel weights and test different loads etc. Times I will never forget for both experience and more importantly an activity we truly enjoyed together. When the waiting period first appeared for purchasing a firearm the first thing out of my mouth was "This is bullshit ", cause the only citizens this is "hurting" is honest Joe and is a start to a downward spiral of gun ownership rights. One of the intentions of the waiting period was to stop "Crimes of passion". Buuullllssshhiiittt. If someone intends on smoking someone else they will obtain a firearm whether legally or illegally. Aaaack getting myself wound up to early in the day[img][/img]</end quote></div>

You don't have to convince me. Right there with ya. I'm of a mind that it is a citizens duty to be armed. I've been reading a lot about NH lately. Did you know they have the least restrictive guns laws and, according to the FBI, they have the least overall crime of any state? Thugs too scared they'll get shot trying n steal a wallet. Who was it that said, "the best homeland security is 100 million americans toting arms."??? But, Hillary is killing in the polls so get ready for more restrictions. What can we do??? People vote on names and not the issues. And everyone is so sick of Bush, they'll vote any democrat in,,, especially one with the name Clinton. I don't see why we just dont go ahead and appoint her to office like we did Bush the first time around and save all the money and debating. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

Old 01-21-2008, 01:13 PM
Elite Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: PoolGod230

Politics and 230s's seem to be the same, the more we try to "fix it" the more it costs us!</end quote></div>

That's a good one! At least with the 230 though, I actually THINK I can fix it.

Old 01-21-2008, 01:16 PM
Pro Rider

I purchased it August 8, 2007 and have ridden quite a bit inbetween fixing things and I wonder if it has been "loose" in the engine this whole time or if it just happen to come off right when my stator screw decided to come out and bang around inside the engine.

Would the quad run without it? I do have a manual. I have to reiterate I'm learning as I go.

Old 01-21-2008, 01:25 PM
Pro Rider

True! I fear it is too late to fix the government. Our liberties have been taken from us and or givin away by us a little to easily since the 60's. To many people "feeling" instead of "thinking". Life has become to easy for people.. To worried about what others are doing, when they should be worrying about themselves and their children. Try to hire a kid now a days.. Their parents should be slapped! Zero common sense, zero work etthic, think they are entitled to everything without working for it! Damn, now I'm getting fired up!

Old 01-21-2008, 01:49 PM
Elite Pro Rider

I purchased it August 8, 2007 and have ridden quite a bit inbetween fixing things and I wonder if it has been "loose" in the engine this whole time or if it just happen to come off right when my stator screw decided to come out and bang around inside the engine.

Would the quad run without it? I do have a manual. I have to reiterate I'm learning as I go.</end quote></div>

That's what's puzzling me. It would run, but it would be so crappy, you wouldn't want to ride it..... Unless there wasn't much gap between the valve stem and rocker arm anyway. In that case, the screw coming out wouldn't affect valve timing that dramtically. In any case, there should have been a ticking sound coming from the engine if the gap was ever greater than .005. Bigger the gap, louder the ticking.

If you dont have a manual, you should ask lots of questions when you put it back together. And I'm scared there will be some things you wont think to ask, like about putting rtv on the head nuts or thread lock on the magneto screws. Or which way the valve springs go.... Big gap at the top or the bottom (I think the big gap goes at the top, but I seem to have forgot, dangit).

Old 01-21-2008, 02:17 PM
Elite Pro Rider

I've been fired up all week since discovering some of the goofy laws here in GA. Now, I just moved here a couple yrs ago (I grew up here until 17 and then moved to OH where I've been until now), so I'm a little uninformed about many of the laws. One day me and some buddies were having a fire and putting a few back and riding our quads periodically when it came up that we could get a dui if we got caught. What??? A dui for riding MY quad on MY land??? How??? Then they said even if I was cutting my lawn and had a beer I could get one. What??? Ridiculous! Do the citizens of GA really want that? Is that by popular vote? And that's just the tip of the iceberg. They don't even sell beer on sundays here, have to drive the TN to buy it and pay their 10% sales tax. Trust me, this state in no way represents anything close to freedom. And along those lines, in this country the only thing freedom means is freedom from England. And I think the sooner we figure that out, the better off we'll be.

You could be driving along, observing all the laws to the best of your knowledge.... and then boom! Roadblock! Gotta stop, dig out your license, proof of insurance, slap your seat belt on real fast, and not make any sudden movements. Then, if you have a headlight out, $150 fine for you. If you have a brother that got in trouble, be ready for the dogs to tear your car apart looking for a seed or something (this happened to a friend of mine - since when is family "probably cause"?). Then if they find nothing you get to go home and put your car back together with not so much as an apology. I guess everyone should just be thankful they weren't handing out random dui's that day. I'm really starting to get a sense of how the jews in germany felt 60 yrs ago. And its a totally helpless feeling of being forced into conformity when half the time you're not sure what the h3ll you're conforming to. These laws are not on tv ya know. If enough people knew about them, they may not be laws anymore. We can't have that.... Can we.

Old 01-21-2008, 02:20 PM
Pro Rider

I should be chastised! There has always been a ticking sound fromt he topend but I thought that was normal.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img] I remember thinking to myself everyone talks about touching the throttle and the front end jumps up on them (never had that problem) even stock but I blamed my carb this whole time thinking I wasn't setting something correctly. I bet the farm that it was inside this whole time I'm just amazed it never fell into my oil pan with as many oil changes I have done. I do have a manual but I will still be asking a lot of questions.

Quick Reply: 85 to 88 Suzuki LT230S Quadsport help.