Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

85 to 88 Suzuki LT230S Quadsport help.

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2008, 11:47 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 85 to 88 Suzuki LT230S Quadsport help.

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: AsaSpades

Is there anywhere cheap like CheapCycleParts, cuz BikeBandit is expensive, and CheapCycleParts took off their OEM 230 Quadsport items and I was gonna order what I needed tonight :-(. Alpha Sport seems to not have many parts available</end quote></div>

Wow, they changed the whole site! Email and ask them. I bet they just didn't add it to the site. I'm sure they still can get what you need.

I just use alpha sprts to look up stuff coz the page loads fast.

Old 09-29-2008, 11:49 PM
Elite Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: fitbmxseries1

Woo first post every one! i just picked up a quadsport 230lt for 40$......tore the thing apart cleaned the carb out and it ran! unfortunatly the choke on the carb broke off while trying to remove it. and i still am unable to remove the remaining parts of the choke that are stuck in there. So basicly its a pain to start now seeing that i dont have a battery for it...... but i need a new carb, but they seem to be pretty rare on ebay these days and a new one seems to be in the 300$ range! what would be my best plan for attack?

so far ive only spent 100$ in total on it. it just needed swing arm bearings and a chain to get moving. but i still need a battery and carb to make it reliable.</end quote></div>

Yeah, you can find those things cheap! Battery? What model do you have again? Is it the 230E?

Should be a carb on ebay somewhere.... Hard to believe there's not. Maybe in a few days.

Old 09-30-2008, 12:04 AM
Trailblazer

Yea AlphaSports loads alot faster than them all, but im gonna email them right now.

Old 09-30-2008, 12:08 AM
Weekend Warrior

Its the 230e i belive, I passed up one carb i saw on there a few days that sold for 45$ and the last one i was bidding on got up to 130$!!!! but it included cables throttle and choke cables and switch. but dont see any available at the moment. the battery is the last thing on my list for buying who neesd push button starts!? hmm wait i do! I have one very sore arm from forgetting to switch that decompression switch.
Quads are a whole new world to me im used to 2 wheels and a little bit more CCs... but this 230 takes off more then i would have ever imagined!

Old 09-30-2008, 12:31 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Yup, they have a lot of torque for a little 229 cc machine. What parts do you need for your carb exactly? Can you find them, say, here: http://www.alpha-sports.com/satv/1986/LT230S/05.htm ????? Then go to bikebandit and order them... Or somewhere... Where ever is cheapest.

Start here: http://www.alpha-sports.com/suzuki_atv_parts.htm

Old 09-30-2008, 12:39 AM
Trailblazer

fit if u got that about a week ago, u culda bought mine off ebay, it sold for like $25 or $30, mayb I shuldve charged more

Old 09-30-2008, 01:28 PM
Elite Pro Rider

At least $50. I seen bayou 220 carb selling for $50+ n thought, WTF? Its a 24mm pos....

Old 09-30-2008, 06:22 PM
Weekend Warrior

part of the choke broke off inside the carb and for the life of me i cant get it out, Ive tried to drill it out but just ended up messing up the threads. I figure minas well just find a new or used carb instead of spending more time getting angry!

Old 09-30-2008, 10:52 PM
Pro Rider

I thought I should fill you guys in, a week ago I took a NASTY spill off my BMX bike....So I was out riding my BMX bike with some friends (thank god for them) on wednesday night. so we were pretty much done for the day, but while driving around i saw this gap that that i just had to try. it was like this set of parking lots built into a hill so between each parking lot there was an elevation gap. the particular gap i was trying was like 6-7 feet down and another 6-7 feet out. so i gave it a test run not even trying to clear it, just to feel it out and i almost made it, i came up like 1/2 bike length short. that gave me a boost of confidence so i had to try it again. this time i get alot of speed 20-25mph and go for it. i dont know exactly waht i did wrong, but i hit the curb at the top with my front tire and just flew over the bars. my body had hit first, then i hit my chin and face. 10 minutes later i was in an ambulance. I dont remember the first 10 minutes after the wreck my my friends said i was conscious the whole time and even tried to get up....now onto my list of injuries. My right shoulder and right wrist are sprained really badly, with road rash on top of it, i also got road rash on my left hand elbow and knee. i knocked my 2 front teeth out, but they got put back in with a 40% chance of taking, i also chipped the two teeth to my right to almost non existence. i figure there are 40-60 stitches on my face, and i broke some part of my nose.

Old 10-01-2008, 03:01 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Wow, you took quite a spill! I've been there a few times, so I know how you feel.

One time I was riding my dad's 10-speed (10-speeds were cool back then [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] ) and listening to a tape of metallica on my walkman. I just passed my friends as fast as I could and was jumping speed bumps.... The next thing I knew I was looking up at a red light inside a CAT scan! 20 yrs later and I STILL can't remember a single thing about what happened, but here's how my friends told it. I jumped a speed bump and the front wheel came off. I plowed the forks in the ground and flipped 3 times and slid about 15 feet on the right side of my face. I had to have stitches above my eyebrow, below my eye, and below my nose. And the right side of my face was one big scab... It hurt to laugh or smile. Well, one day I was out with dad shopping for school clothes when this dude came up to me and told me about a motorcycle accident he was in that left his face the same way. He said he put Vaseline on it and look at how smooth it is now. I couldn't see one scar on him, so I tried it. Well, I'm happy to report, the only scars I have is where they stitched me. That Vaseline really works!

Anyway, when I woke up at the hospital, I was trying to figure out how I got there. My hand was killing me, but nobody would listen... They were too worried about my head. To this day my knuckle on my left hand doesn't look quite right. I don't know what happened... They never x-rayed it. But, I woke up n asked dad how I got there and he said, "What do you mean? I've told you 10 times already." I said, "Tell me just ONE more time". I was thinking I was hit by a car or something. Apparently I walked into the hospital fully conscious, but I don't remember a thing.

That was my worst bike accident. There was another time I had a pretty close call and its a wonder I didn't get hurt. Very stupid looking back at it.... I used to play around where they dug a foundation for a house and left it. There was a HUGE pile of dirt... Probably 5 feet tall.... Well, in a moment of stupidity, I decided to go up the hill on the road and ride down as fast as I could and jump that mound. When I landed I flattened both tires, broke the chain, bent the handlebars, bent the crank, bent both pedals, bent the seat post, and landed on my ***. How I managed to get out of that without injury I'll never know. But I never did anything like THAT again, LOL.

Another time I plowed into a ditch in the dark that wasn't there the day before. I never saw it coming... Smacked my face in the dirt and went home pretty bloodied up then too. I guess stuff like this is just part of being a boy. PoolGod can probably write a book on it. I just hope your teeth take. Man, that sucks... You're not a bad looking kid. The girls say scars add character btw. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: 85 to 88 Suzuki LT230S Quadsport help.