Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

85 to 88 Suzuki LT230S Quadsport help.

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2007, 10:16 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 85 to 88 Suzuki LT230S Quadsport help.

Originally posted by: BigMc
Originally posted by: sahzookee
yes, I have replied. Thanks
sahzookee
I will be in your "neck of the woods" Saturday 3-17-07. Chateau Elan, just north of Hotlanta. Its a big St. Patties day thing put on by Guniess. Should I bring my $800.00 CASH with me or what?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
I will buy the first round.
Damn, I am almost ready t go in halfs!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 03-13-2007, 10:28 PM
BigMc
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally posted by: PoolGod230
Originally posted by: sahzookeeyes, I have replied. Thanks
sahzookeeI will be in your "neck of the woods" Saturday 3-17-07. Chateau Elan, just north of Hotlanta. Its a big St. Patties day thing put on by Guniess. Should I bring my $800.00 CASH with me or what?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]I will buy the first round.
Damn, I am almost ready t go in halfs!!!!!!!!!!!
Sounds good to me. I can ride it in MY summer. You can ride it in MY winter. If there is a winter out there. (Year-a-round 230). Brings a tear to me eye.
We could meet in Dalles for the swap twice a year. Ive herd of forin exchange, but thats taken it to the next level. Small world, AINT it.

Old 03-14-2007, 09:45 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah I think I am comitted. I don't know if i will put $5000 into mine though, but if it is like anything else eventually it will be worth more than I could get for it. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

I have thought about the supporting membership, I just have not pulled the trigger yet.

Back to this light thing; would it not be beneficial to not use the heavy stock light enclosure? I guess since we each have one it is a good start, but something not so obtrusive on the front would be really nice. I suppose beggers can't be choosers though right? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-14-2007, 05:46 PM
Range Rover
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yes, I have replied. Thanks
sahzookee
I will be in your "neck of the woods" Saturday 3-17-07. Chateau Elan, just north of Hotlanta. Its a big St. Patties day thing put on by Guniess. Should I bring my $800.00 CASH with me or what?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
I will buy the first round.
Yeah, the Chateau is just about 15 or 20 min. from my house. If you've never been there it is really awesome. And about the quad, $1000.00 firm. If you're serious, Sunday will probably be better. Saturday is my stepmom's B-day, so St. Paddy's mixed with a birthday. I don't see myself behind the wheel anytime Saturday.

Thanks though.

p.s. if you remember when you came the other time I warned you about Barrow County cops. Well Chateau Elan is on the county line (Barrow County) as well, just a tip don't hurry you'll get there soon enough.

Old 03-14-2007, 10:21 PM
Pro Rider

I may be wrong, but I dont think you can get a dual rate rear shock from Works for the sport. But, if you "spring" (pun intended) for the rezy and threaded preload you will have the same unit thats on mine. If you need pics of the install I can hook you up.

Still working on the l.e.d. lighting.

Standing by.

BigMc[/quote]

You are correct, single rate with rez =500 bucks!
I am offically bent over and done dry. Please send pics of your set up9maybe the ole lady won't kill me. "but my buddy Bigmc did it"

Old 03-15-2007, 07:11 PM
BigMc

Originally posted by: sahzookeeyes, I have replied. Thanks
sahzookeeI will be in your "neck of the woods" Saturday 3-17-07. Chateau Elan, just north of Hotlanta. Its a big St. Patties day thing put on by Guniess. Should I bring my $800.00 CASH with me or what?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]I will buy the first round.
Yeah, the Chateau is just about 15 or 20 min. from my house. If you've never been there it is really awesome. And about the quad, $1000.00 firm. If you're serious, Sunday will probably be better. Saturday is my stepmom's B-day, so St. Paddy's mixed with a birthday. I don't see myself behind the wheel anytime Saturday.Thanks though.p.s. if you remember when you came the other time I warned you about Barrow County cops. Well Chateau Elan is on the county line (Barrow County) as well, just a tip don't hurry you'll get there soon enough.
I ve got to work Sunday!!!! I will be leaving the Atlanta area around noon local time and beat it to Montgomery. Jackson hospital wants some work done there.
But I am drop dead serious about the 230 though. I.................just havnt asked my wife yet. I can see it now, "oh yes dear Im really looking forward to going to Atlanta, by the way can I have $800.00 for ANOTHER 230?"
This does not in any way mean im skeered, no no no sir not me.
Since ive received your reply, I will talk to her tonight. And let you know after, if I survive or course. If so how would Sunday about 11:30 eastern sound?
After that I will be expecting that check from P.G.230 for his half.

PoolGod230
Man, it looks to me like all you need is a socket. Cant it be customized to the 230 lens easy enough? Or as MR88 has suggested, maybe adapt another lens to the 230 for a more custom look? It looks to me like I need to work on makeing the 230's electrical system work with the light. The mounting of the unit is more cosmetic than technical.
I will take a few close up shots or the rear Shock setup tonight and get them to you.
Would you like me to send them to you or just put them on my pics ( since, cheap shot time, im a member and have 24 pics to use) ? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-15-2007, 08:10 PM
Range Rover

I'm sure we can work something out. Although it is $1000.00 FIRM. I am not in a position where I have to sell it so I am dead set on the price. I just want to make sure cause you keep saying $800 ( I don't mean for that to come across rude).

Old 03-15-2007, 08:45 PM
BigMc

I'm sure we can work something out. Although it is $1000.00 FIRM. I am not in a position where I have to sell it so I am dead set on the price. I just want to make sure cause you keep saying $800 ( I don't mean for that to come across rude).
Its a good price man. Im just haveing a little fun thats all. P.G, your gonna have to divy up another 100 man[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I tried.

Old 03-15-2007, 10:09 PM
Pro Rider

Alright fellow addicts!!! LED lights are a VERY REAL PROSPECT!! If you haven't figured it out, I am in the swimming pool biz(30 years this June, but only 37years old, read: screwed up scholorship, had to go work for DAD) I sell to the folks that build your pools, fix your pools, take care of your pools and spas. In other words I have acess to TONS on neat STUFF!! Well, this whole LED idea got me thinking, I sell to spa guys theese12V lamps with 24 LED lights in them. They change color every time u turn the switch off then on. crazy disco modes and stuff. Finally my little brain kicks in RIG IT INTO THE 230!!!!!

My "girl" is sitting in the garage, on a stand with no engine, as it is on a road trip to the Monster Garage for the 273cc massage. BUT my beautiful, caring, loving, supportive wife has the 1993 lt230e, So............ I rip the light lens off, I solder lil jumper wires to my spa lamp(GE912 connection, kinda weird)
I rig the other end into the lamp socket with 100mph tape. Well, I have never been able to make a long story short, so, I put the lens back on, fire up the beast and lo and behold!!!!!!! LIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now for the bad news, her quad has a battery, therefore, constant, even power. Will this work for our stator powered monsters?

Now the good news, 24 LEDs was not that bright, yes it is good news, considering 24 LEDs are just a smidge larger than our standard lamp! BUT those 24 are ONLY 9 Watts! I also sell a mogul based lamp for pools, that is 12V with 100+ LEDs that is rated at 35 watts!!!!!!! And you can't look directly at it without seeing spots for an hour after! It is all encompased in a 6in circle. What I guess I am saying is, we can use our stock light, just have to make a lamp to go into out socket. This lamp could be almost the size of the lens on the light (100+ LEDs) And if they are Ultra bright LEDs it will be blinding!!!

Also, it was kind of fun driving down my street, switching off and on, changing colors, but I don't think it would work the same on our non battery having rides!

Come on BigMc, put that education to work!! Stay in school, stay out of the pool!!

Old 03-16-2007, 07:09 PM
Range Rover

BigMc I sent you a PM

Quick Reply: 85 to 88 Suzuki LT230S Quadsport help.