Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

85 to 88 Suzuki LT230S Quadsport help.

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2009, 10:26 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 85 to 88 Suzuki LT230S Quadsport help.

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: JustRandy

Hopefully the do-gooders will stay to the north of me. [img][/img]

You still in the process of moving? Or are you back to work on the 230?</end quote></div>

I am still waiting for my buyer's divorce to happen and close at the end of March. or get a new buyer. I want to look at a few more homes and make a final decision and an accepted offer on one in the next couple weeks.

as far as the 230 goes, I am just going to keep stripping the parts quad down, have a few parts to keep and sell the rest. I was out of town durring the nice weather we had so it looks like I have to do most of it in the cold again. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 02-13-2009, 10:43 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: UGLY88
I am still waiting for my buyer's divorce to happen and close at the end of March. or get a new buyer. I want to look at a few more homes and make a final decision and an accepted offer on one in the next couple weeks. </end quote></div>

Man, waiting on a divorce.... Most couples that are splitting up usually go back and forth at least 5 or 6 times. I know a guy that's been wanting a divorce for the last 3 yrs, but everytime he finally gets her out of the house, he changes his mind. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] It should be illegal to get married before 30.

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>as far as the 230 goes, I am just going to keep stripping the parts quad down, have a few parts to keep and sell the rest. I was out of town durring the nice weather we had so it looks like I have to do most of it in the cold again. [img][/img] </end quote></div>

That's how it always goes. The party never gets going till you bail. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 02-13-2009, 10:50 AM
Pro Rider

Yeah, this guy does not want her to go. I guess he is going to win her back by making things difficult (?) That always works, right? We have her signed in to an agreement to purchase, but with no other buyers we have not had much leverage, and why **** off our only buyer when buyers are harder to find these days then houses to buy.

I am selling the plastics off the parts quad(I have them all fixed up now) and am including the black nose piece off mine in the package. After they sell I am going to buy a blue nose piece. I am trying to find buyers for the tires and rims, but it has been hard. i may separate them and try again.

Old 02-13-2009, 10:52 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Anybody here follow the economy or stocks or anything?

This guy Nenner ( http://charlesnenner.com/ ) was on CNBC last week saying the bottom was coming in the stock market in 1 week. That would be about now I guess. They asked how often his indicator was wrong and he said it NEVER wrong. If it is, its only by a day. I'm curious to see how that works out.

Old 02-13-2009, 10:56 AM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: atvman29

Well, looks like my deal on that ATV isn't going to work out. He's telling me now he thinks its worth a $500 PS3, not the PS2 and he had someone offer him $300 cash (I'm not sure I believe him). But, that's $300 bucks I don't want to spend.

Plus he avoided giving me the VIN and I don't want anything hot.

Oh well, I guess I'll sell the PS2 and sub and low ball that guy on ebay with the 250S front end again and see if he bites now that they've sat on there for a month.</end quote></div>

Yeah, I'm still thinking $100-$200 for it. 230's are a dime-a-dozen really.

What kind of sub is it?</end quote></div>

Yeah, I'm not too interested in dropping money for it though. I'm always more than willing to trade junk I don't want for junk others don't want!

Its an 800W Alpine Sub in a nice, carpeted box with a 250W amp mounted on top. Used to have it it my truck, but now that I have my little car, I can't afford the space.

Old 02-13-2009, 10:57 AM
Pro Rider

It should not take long. The market was up a little bit at the end of the day yesterday. After som poor decisions on the currant bill, it went down imediately it seemed to me.

Old 02-13-2009, 10:57 AM
Range Rover

I am trying to find buyers for the tires and rims, but it has been hard. i may separate them and try again.</end quote></div>

i would have bought them a week ago. but i got lucky finding a great deal.

Old 02-13-2009, 11:04 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Yeah, this guy does not want her to go. I guess he is going to win her back by making things difficult (?) That always works, right? We have her signed in to an agreement to purchase, but with no other buyers we have not had much leverage, and why **** off our only buyer when buyers are harder to find these days then houses to buy.

I am selling the plastics off the parts quad(I have them all fixed up now) and am including the black nose piece off mine in the package. After they sell I am going to buy a blue nose piece. I am trying to find buyers for the tires and rims, but it has been hard. i may separate them and try again.</end quote></div>

Yeah, finding buyers for anything that doesn't contain alcohol is tough these days.

Women seem to thrive on punishment... I don't know what's up with that. Shower them with flowers n jewels and she'll be in bed with your best friend within a year!

I guess Gene Simmons said it best, "Have the attitude that 'I like you, but there are plenty more out there just as good'". And I'm sure he's been with most of them. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 02-13-2009, 11:09 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Well, looks like my deal on that ATV isn't going to work out. He's telling me now he thinks its worth a $500 PS3, not the PS2 and he had someone offer him $300 cash (I'm not sure I believe him). But, that's $300 bucks I don't want to spend.

Plus he avoided giving me the VIN and I don't want anything hot.

Oh well, I guess I'll sell the PS2 and sub and low ball that guy on ebay with the 250S front end again and see if he bites now that they've sat on there for a month.</end quote></div>

Yeah, I'm still thinking $100-$200 for it. 230's are a dime-a-dozen really.

What kind of sub is it?</end quote></div>

Yeah, I'm not too interested in dropping money for it though. I'm always more than willing to trade junk I don't want for junk others don't want!

Its an 800W Alpine Sub in a nice, carpeted box with a 250W amp mounted on top. Used to have it it my truck, but now that I have my little car, I can't afford the space.</end quote></div>

Alpine is a good name. There are probably a lot of 230's out there that people don't advertise. I found one last year when I bought the lakota. We got to talking and I found out the guy had a 230 in the barn. He just put a new piston in it and redid the swingarm and a new mag cover. My buddy bought it off him for $500. He might have gotten it cheaper, but I already screwed up and let on how nice those things were. Oops. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img] Oh well, its been a good machine so far.

Old 02-13-2009, 11:10 AM
Pro Rider

True, the best advice I have found is: "He who loves least is loved the most.".

Quick Reply: 85 to 88 Suzuki LT230S Quadsport help.