Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

85 to 88 Suzuki LT230S Quadsport help.

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2009, 08:05 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

Originally Posted by JustRandy
You guys ever considered trading currencies? FXCM (and most other places) has a free practice account with $50,000 in it. I was up to $162,000 before it expired! You can open a micro account for $25 and trade with 400:1 leverage. Wish I would have done it a long time ago.... Much easier than stocks and more profitable than any other video game I can think of!!!
yeah, I trade them all the time...... I trade them for school lunch, mma training for the kid, macys for the old lady............

Once upon a time I used to trade them for old quad parts.

Old 04-06-2009, 08:10 PM
Pro Rider

Can you imagine what it would be like to not be able to drive your car on the road on certain days? China kinda makes living in MN seem "free", huh.

"Beijing will extend its post-Olympics traffic rules for a year due to their positive impact on road congestion and pollution, Agence France-Presse reported April 6. The rules have taken 930,000 of the city’s 3.6 million vehicles off the roads, and reduced pollution by an estimated 10 percent. The system uses the last digits of license plate numbers corresponding with days of the week to determine which cars may or may not be on the road on a given day."

Get used to it guys, freedoms get takin a lil at a time, and they are on a roll!!
Pretty sad when someone like myself doesn't even get outraged about it on a daily basis any longer! Too many freedoms getting yanked on a regular basis to keep up with!

Remember, it starts over here on the left coast and works its way over to ya! Sorry.

Old 04-06-2009, 08:27 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Originally Posted by atvman29
Alright, so the local Ace has them individually, so I think I'll just do that for now. It has the stock main jet, so that's a 112.5. What range of bits should I get?
I have no clue. I can't even go out in the garage n see because all my small jets like that are drilled. Where's that chart I posted a while back?

Old 04-06-2009, 08:50 PM
Trailblazer

Hey guys just some info. Try McMasterCarr.com for wire gauge bits or anything odd and out of the ordinary. They sometimes are a little pricey. But if you need it and can't find it they usually have it. They're in Chicago and ship next day, really fast.

Old 04-06-2009, 11:27 PM
Pro Rider

I have no clue. I can't even go out in the garage n see because all my small jets like that are drilled. Where's that chart I posted a while back?
Cool, I printed out that chart and a wire gauge -> decimal chart. So how big of a change is there when you drill out the jets?

112.5 = .0490; 55 = .0520, 56 = .0465

So will I notice a difference if I drill it out to a 55? Or should I just do every other and get myself a 54 (.055), 52 (.0635), and a 50 (.0700)?

I talked to a local machinist who had his hands on this wheeler at one point (unfortunately he doesn't have any records of what he did to it), and he said they should be 2 or more sizes over and the same for the pilots.

By same with the pilots, did he mean 2 or more over, or keep the same pilots? I'm assuming he meant 2 over.

So 2 sizes over for the main jet would be 116.3 = .051.

Maybe I should just get 55-52?

Old 04-06-2009, 11:32 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by MMZUKI
Hey guys just some info. Try McMasterCarr.com for wire gauge bits or anything odd and out of the ordinary. They sometimes are a little pricey. But if you need it and can't find it they usually have it. They're in Chicago and ship next day, really fast.
They have tons of sweet stuff on their site. Sometimes I go there just to get ideas for something and the 3D CAD models they have for a lot of their stuff is nice too.

They did have a few sets but they were all a little too expensive for how many times I would use them:

1-80 = $141.57
1-60 = $71.74
61-80 = $28.42

Thanks for the recommendation though.

Old 04-06-2009, 11:41 PM
Pro Rider

Can you imagine what it would be like to not be able to drive your car on the road on certain days? China kinda makes living in MN seem "free", huh.

"Beijing will extend its post-Olympics traffic rules for a year due to their positive impact on road congestion and pollution, Agence France-Presse reported April 6. The rules have taken 930,000 of the city’s 3.6 million vehicles off the roads, and reduced pollution by an estimated 10 percent. The system uses the last digits of license plate numbers corresponding with days of the week to determine which cars may or may not be on the road on a given day."
Well we don't have anything that extreme, but we do have alternate side parking in my school's small town.

From Nov. 1 - Apr. 1, you can only park on the side of the street whose house addresses corresponds to the day. So odd days, you park on odd numbered blocks, even days, you're on the even side.

Its frustrating though because I live in a small apartment that has a private driveway, so when it snows, the landlord needs to plow. This wouldn't be a problem except when my girlfriend and I want to go home for the weekend and want to leave one of our 2 cars down at school, we don't know where to park it! If we leave it in my apartments lot, the landlord will tow it if he has to plow, and we can't park it on the street since it has to be moved every night (otherwise it gets ticketed and towed!).

Usually we just leave it in my apartment's lot and hope for no snow, haha. But it's annoying none the less.

Its also annoying remembering you're parked on the wrong side at about 11:30 at night, when you're in your pajamas, its 20 below out, and you have to go move it!

Sorry about this long winded story!

Old 04-06-2009, 11:53 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Cool, I printed out that chart and a wire gauge -> decimal chart. So how big of a change is there when you drill out the jets?

112.5 = .0490; 55 = .0520, 56 = .0465

So will I notice a difference if I drill it out to a 55? Or should I just do every other and get myself a 54 (.055), 52 (.0635), and a 50 (.0700)?

I talked to a local machinist who had his hands on this wheeler at one point (unfortunately he doesn't have any records of what he did to it), and he said they should be 2 or more sizes over and the same for the pilots.

By same with the pilots, did he mean 2 or more over, or keep the same pilots? I'm assuming he meant 2 over.

So 2 sizes over for the main jet would be 116.3 = .051.

Maybe I should just get 55-52?
The stock jet is a 112.5: http://www.alpha-sports.com/satv/1986/LT230S/05.htm

If you make the hole bigger, you'll notice a difference. I don't what to recommend... Its just a trial n error process. That's why I say get a set. I doubt you'll need a 50 unless you're doing extensive mods. I thought you was just trying to get a stock quad to run in stock condition?

Old 04-06-2009, 11:56 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Well we don't have anything that extreme, but we do have alternate side parking in my school's small town.

From Nov. 1 - Apr. 1, you can only park on the side of the street whose house addresses corresponds to the day. So odd days, you park on odd numbered blocks, even days, you're on the even side.

Its frustrating though because I live in a small apartment that has a private driveway, so when it snows, the landlord needs to plow. This wouldn't be a problem except when my girlfriend and I want to go home for the weekend and want to leave one of our 2 cars down at school, we don't know where to park it! If we leave it in my apartments lot, the landlord will tow it if he has to plow, and we can't park it on the street since it has to be moved every night (otherwise it gets ticketed and towed!).

Usually we just leave it in my apartment's lot and hope for no snow, haha. But it's annoying none the less.

Its also annoying remembering you're parked on the wrong side at about 11:30 at night, when you're in your pajamas, its 20 below out, and you have to go move it!

Sorry about this long winded story!

Couldn't tell ya how many times I've knocked mirrors off other trucks in Toledo. They park on both side of the streets up there and it makes driving a bigass truck thru pretty tough.

Old 04-07-2009, 12:04 AM
Pro Rider

The stock jet is a 112.5: http://www.alpha-sports.com/satv/1986/LT230S/05.htm

If you make the hole bigger, you'll notice a difference. I don't what to recommend... Its just a trial n error process. That's why I say get a set. I doubt you'll need a 50 unless you're doing extensive mods. I thought you was just trying to get a stock quad to run in stock condition?
Its not stock, it has a DG pipe and a drilled out airbox. That's why I need to drill out the jet, because the previous owner rebuilt the carb w/ all the stock jets.

Quick Reply: 85 to 88 Suzuki LT230S Quadsport help.